Shopping Discussion

Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 11:24 am
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
279 upvotes
@georob
From practical standpoint, any info better be posted with a tracking number, even partially untraceable by publicly accessible means. Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7463 posts
2414 upvotes
ON
Package date Feb 12th
Post mark Feb 16th
Arrival May 16th.
Aug 18, 2015
10 posts
Well my other packaged that used DHL arrived in 3 days, while my Singapore post package (both from Banggood) is still stuck in Customs for 8 days now. This is a joke.

EDIT: DHL is still a joke to me because even though my DHL one required a signature, the delivery courier just signed it and left it at the front door. They used to wait till the next day to do it if I'm not home or have me pick up it.
Feb 5, 2007
9 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
Still waiting on one order from Nov 11 - that's 186 days! Surprisingly, this is one of the few that actually had some tracking info (LP00064123758157), which states that it has been in Canada since December 2. Should be good to go for next Christmas....
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
279 upvotes
deano wrote:
May 17th, 2017 1:21 pm
Should be good to go for next Christmas....
And this is despite the fact several high and low mail volume picks came and gone already, and there is no any state of emergency right now in CP operations. They made it business as usual to claim ongoing "overload status" to other postal services partnering with CP under UPU Treaties, while in fact based on posted on various forums performance data keeping their staffing levels well below bare minimum required to process ordinary day-to-day packets volume. This is obviously illegal way to gain higher profit at the expense of extreme suffering and civil rights violation of Canadian people, it heavily prevents CP from processing and eliminating the backlog formed during last Christmas season and thereafter. Its important that some tracking websites use airline carrier arrival & departure data to fix the date of delivering mail items to Canada, despite CP can scan containers with these items held at sorting plant backyards 3 months later, thus claiming irrelevant "accepted by CP" date as "arrived to Canada" date.
Last edited by arnycus on May 17th, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 4, 2017
290 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary
Hong Kong Registered Air Mail: 20 days from ordering, including a 5-day spring break in Calgary. Respect. But look at the stamps...pricey!
Track and trace at Trackitonline.jpg
Banners and Alerts-1.jpg.jpg
We came, we saw, we left!
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
279 upvotes
Its interesting, how this HK Registered Air Mail service is different from SG Post Registered Airmail, usually delivered to Canada CP warehouse withing 7-10 days from pickup in China, and then delivered to recipients within 8-to-12 weeks in Canada? It doesn't show any customs clearance scans either?
Jan 4, 2017
290 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary
arnycus wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:32 pm
Its interesting, how this HK Registered Air Mail service is different from SG Post Registered Airmail,
Postage is similar to epacket: >28 RnB. Unfortunately, content does not work 100% Astonished Face
Aliexpress/Singpore Post is probably consolidated in marked containers and bypassed by default.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7463 posts
2414 upvotes
ON
JurgenK857634 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:23 pm
Hong Kong Registered Air Mail: 20 days from ordering, including a 5-day spring break in Calgary. Respect. But look at the stamps...pricey!

Track and trace at Trackitonline.jpgBanners and Alerts-1.jpg.jpg
That's like $5 CAD. To send within our own country would cost more, lol
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4690 posts
1115 upvotes
North York
Aliexpress parcels being sent from Malaysia and even Russian countries are arriving within a month from ordering.
Only those from China seems to be taking months :(
May 10, 2017
167 posts
24 upvotes
JurgenK857634 wrote:
May 17th, 2017 2:23 pm
... But look at the stamps...pricey!

Track and trace at Trackitonline.jpgBanners and Alerts-1.jpg.jpg
It's 28.70 Hong Kong dollars or around $5CAN or $3.7US. Is it pricey? Try to send the same package from Canada to Hong Kong with tracking number and you will pay 5-10 times more. Or am I missing something?
May 10, 2017
4 posts
Status update:

Parcel 1 - 13 weeks - still missing
Parcel 2 - 7 weeks and 1 day - arrived today
Parcel 3 - 5.5 weeks - still missing
Jan 4, 2017
290 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary
nixrfd wrote:
May 17th, 2017 7:53 pm
Or am I missing something?
Yes, you misunderstood as I was speaking in relative terms and tongue in cheek. It is "pricey" compared to aliexpress standard shipping...and therefore faster. I was not aware of the shipping details when ordering [included and no choices], and was pleasantly surprised how fast it went. We may see (or not) how much it costs the other way round. The $20.70 CDN item is defective and needs to be replaced. The seller already indicated to ship the item again, and he has not asked me yet to ship it back, the cost of which - according to eBay - is on him...which is probably not worth his while.

Interestingly, I had ordered the same item at the same time under the same shipping conditions for my brother in Germany...where it has not arrived yet.