Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 11:24 am
May 10, 2017
167 posts
24 upvotes
JurgenK857634 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:13 am
Yes, you misunderstood as I was speaking in relative terms and tongue in cheek. It is "pricey" compared to aliexpress standard shipping...and therefore faster
Still it's pricey for small light-weight envelop with $10-15CAN item inside. Everything is relative. Don't get me wrong - yes it's cheap compare to the price of cup of coffee in Canada.
And it's not cheap if you buy a lot of small stuff on EBay, Amazon, Ali etc.
Jan 4, 2017
290 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary
Actually, I think $5 CDN for this shipment is an ok price, considering how fast it was (20 days). It is always up to the sender (and/or his/her customer) at the post office to decide what kind of shipping to choose. Then again, $5 CDN for a small, light parcel is much money in Hong Kong. As said before, geearbest charges $2.70 CDN in such a case for Royal Mail shipping (also around 20 days).

I would be gladly paying aliexpress the epacket/Royal Mail/Hong Kong extra fee but it is not offered in most cases. If ordering a $20 gadget - not having to wait for an extra 140 days - is worth the money. This may be different for the $1 cable. If Canada Post negotiates with Singapore Post/ China Post and similar carriers, both the priority and the pricing will go up...which is fair enough.

And I wonder whether Harper's poor diplomacy with China plays a role in CP's endless shipping times.

It would be interesting to learn how other postal services deal with the shipments from Asia. From what I am reading, it may take 3-4 weeks to Moscow and less than 2 weeks to Belgium. I don't think Canadians order more from Asia than others. I see a lot of Russian in aliexpress feedbacks.

As to the delays. In one of my reported cases (RB114213167SG ordered 8th Nov., arrived in Canada in Dec., sorted in Mississauga on 8th Jan, then delivered on 11th April): I had called the CBSA and middle management of Canada Post about it. CP claimed that the CBSA in Mississauga held the item - but that was speculative. The CBSA checked it out and reported quick clearing in Vancouver in December. This means that CP had the item in their Mississauga sorting facility for close to three months. Before that, they took a month to get it there. This looks like similar cases recently reported here.
We came, we saw, we left!
Jan 4, 2017
290 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary
Here an item ordered from aliexpress per their standard shipping on 2nd March, which should arrive today.

What does this tell us:
1. Minimalistic tracking info on trackitonline.ru for this one
2. Canada Post is still 3 weeks above aliexpress' limit of 32-59 days in the new year/after the Christmas bottleneck (Santa does not work for CP and CP don't work for Santa either)

Microsoft Excel-1.jpg
Track and trace at Trackitonline-1.jpg
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
279 upvotes
JurgenK857634 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 11:18 am
CP claimed that the CBSA in Mississauga held the item - but that was speculative. The CBSA checked it out and reported quick clearing in Vancouver in December. This means that CP had the item in their Mississauga sorting facility for close to three months. Before that, they took a month to get it there. This looks like similar cases recently reported here.
Someone in this thread called this activity "sabotage". Besides illegally raising profit this way by keeping staffing quotas low and deliveries very long to the detriment of our civil rights, CP clearly pushes its own political agenda here by forcefully provoking outrage of low income Canadians with current Cabinet clearly unable to deal with them, mostly due to high share of unionized perm jobs affected at CP by any such decision. If you look at both published Parliament and CP Review Reports, its obvious they were written by CP staff before voiced by these bodies. The same opinions are expressed by many on Facebook and Twitter CP Review sites.
Last edited by arnycus on May 18th, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 4, 2017
290 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary
New aliexpress standard shipping for a $20 item: tracking # in this format: 4006218600675585 (I changed a couple of digits).

Just received an email from Canada Post's tracking informing me that this is an expedited parcel and that a shipping label has been created. And yet, it is listed as "aliexpress standard shipping".
May 10, 2017
167 posts
24 upvotes
JurgenK857634 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 12:28 pm
New aliexpress standard shipping for a $20 item: tracking # in this format: 4006218600675585 (I changed a couple of digits).
I don't think that this is a new standard shipping for Aliexpress rather it's a seller choice.
I have the same 16-digit tracking number right now. It's UBI Smart Parcel (ubismartparcel.com). Last time it took around 20 days for delivery (25DEC2016 - 15JAN2017) but it was $30CAN package.

Right now it's only $7CAN package and the Aliexpress seller used this type of shipment.
Jan 4, 2017
290 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary
nixrfd wrote:
May 18th, 2017 2:11 pm
I don't think that this is a new standard shipping for Aliexpress rather it's a seller choice.
Seller took 8 days to ship out and must have felt guilty. 20 days sounds good! Similar stuff has taken four times as long.
Mar 12, 2006
451 posts
53 upvotes
Calgary
Here's my last two orders.

Epacket o2 socket set
May.6.2017 Package shipped, 200888,China
May.13.2017 Arrived in Canada, sent for processing
May.16.2017 Item processed
May.18.2017 Item delivered to Calgary

Epacket torque wrench
May.6.2017 Package shipped, 310018,China
May.10.2017 Arrived in Canada, sent for processing
May.11.2017 Item processed
May.15.2017 Item delivered to Calgary
May 10, 2017
167 posts
24 upvotes
rvd wrote:
May 18th, 2017 3:11 pm
Here's my last two orders.
And the tracking numbers for those orders were like this: LM999666999CN ?
I have to say you were very lucky to get your packages so fast.
Aug 18, 2015
10 posts
Update on my three orders, all are from Banggood ordered on same day same time (the 2nd of May)
1 was via DHL and as I said in an earlier post, it came on Tuesday.
2nd was via "great Britain", arrived today.
3rd is the singapore post one, stuck in "customs" for 9 days now.
but here's the kicker, when I went to pick up the mail and "complained" to the post office lady (the staff works for the market, just CP has a post office within the market). She said that this would explain why in the past month or so, a lot of people (at least a few dozen) has been asking her and the other workers who work there why their mail from Asia hasn't arrived yet.
This is a joke.

EDIT: I live in Surrey, BC, Canada for anyone wondering.
Last edited by ShanaSakai on May 18th, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 12, 2006
451 posts
53 upvotes
Calgary
nixrfd wrote:
May 18th, 2017 4:57 pm
And the tracking numbers for those orders were like this: LM999666999CN ?
I have to say you were very lucky to get your packages so fast.
Yeah, that's how the tracking # looked for both. Just ordered something today using epacket again, will update when it arrives.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2071 posts
639 upvotes
North York
ShanaSakai wrote:
May 18th, 2017 8:38 pm
Update on my three orders, all are from Banggood ordered on same day same time (the 2nd of May)
1 was via DHL and as I said in an earlier post, it came on Tuesday.
2nd was via "great Britain", arrived today.
3rd is the singapore post one, stuck in "customs" for 9 days now.
but here's the kicker, when I went to pick up the mail and "complained" to the post office lady (the staff works for the market, just CP has a post office within the market). She said that this would explain why in the past month or so, a lot of people (at least a few dozen) has been asking her and the other workers who work there why their mail from Asia hasn't arrived yet.
This is a joke.
same experience. mail from china marked as royal mail is the usual three to four weeks. but singpost and china post I'm over 8 weeks for a bunch of packages, mostly quite small. shouldn't they all average out to the same time if canada post and customs are organized properly? or are they allowed to favour royal mail?
May 18, 2017
1 posts
  • I have two packages shipped on the same day separately via AliExpress Standard Shipping.
  • According to http://trackitonline.ru, package A's status was "Arrival at international place of exchange" and package B's status is "Import (Item arrived at country of destination)".
  • A month later, Item A's status was updated to Sorting (Mississauga) and item B's status remains the same.
  • What's the difference between the two packages - is one being charged duty and taxes?
May 10, 2017
167 posts
24 upvotes
Update for my order(Aliexpress - Singapore Post) that stuck somewhere in Canada for 86 days.

ORDER$:17.70
TRACK.#:RB162044***SG
ORDERED:04FEB2017
SHIPPED:10FEB2017
ARRIVED:22FEB2017
REFUND: 17MAY2017 (ALIEXPRESS DISPUTE OPENED: 27APR2017)
RECEIVED:NO
TIME-SINCE-ARRIVED-TO-CANADA: 86 DAYS (19MAY2017)
TIME-SINCE-ORDERED:104 DAYS (AND COUNTING) (19MAY2017)
May 10, 2017
167 posts
24 upvotes
rvd wrote:
May 18th, 2017 8:54 pm
Yeah, that's how the tracking # looked for both. Just ordered something today using epacket again, will update when it arrives.
Yes, these e-packets usually came in 2-4 week time-frame and they are traceable from Canada Post website. Apparently Canada Post treats them differently compare to RF, RB, RS, RT types although they all registered.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)