• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2017 10:08 am
Aug 30, 2011
795 posts
93 upvotes
Edmonton
Liselsia wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 6:04 pm
Same here dude. Order shipped in July (used Airmail) arrived less in a week. And order from early June (through Express Mail Service) is still stuck in limbo. The force is stronk in Canada Post/CBSA.
An EMS package sent from South Korea a week ago just arrived as well.
Nov 15, 2008
71 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone NOT seen their registered package info on the Russian tracking site? I had a parcel sent from Bulgaria on July 7. All scans are recorded up until July 13 when the item was sent abroad. The trail then goes dead. Can I conclude that the parcel has likely arrived in Canada by now, over 2 wks later, but is sitting in Customs waiting for clearance and CP hasn't even seen it yet? (I'm guessing Customs doesn't contribute to the scanning process.)
May 10, 2017
94 posts
13 upvotes
seaker wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 7:31 pm
Has anyone NOT seen their registered package info on the Russian tracking site? I had a parcel sent from Bulgaria on July 7. All scans are recorded up until July 13 when the item was sent abroad. The trail then goes dead. Can I conclude that the parcel has likely arrived in Canada by now, over 2 wks later, but is sitting in Customs waiting for clearance and CP hasn't even seen it yet? (I'm guessing Customs doesn't contribute to the scanning process.)
Most likely your package is sitting somewhere without being registered by CP in its database. Although 2 weeks is relatively short period of time by CP standards nowadays (welcome to new CP standards).

I myself is waiting for one package from China (with tracking number RS#...#CN) ordered on 06MAY2017, it left country on 27MAY2017. Still to these days and it's more than 2 months it lingers somewhere in Canada (or maybe already ended up in the wrong hands?). No any updates since May 27, 2017 (trackitonline.ru).
“They are not mad. They're trained to believe, not to know. Belief can be manipulated. Only knowledge is dangerous.”
Nov 22, 2011
508 posts
56 upvotes
Batcave
I'm looking to return a pair of shoes to a store in Sweden. They originally shipped via Fedex but won't cover returns. Should I use Canada Post? I never shipped anything overseas before. They told me to declare the package as a return as to avoid duties
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Nov 15, 2008
71 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
FalconR wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:24 am
I'm looking to return a pair of shoes to a store in Sweden. They originally shipped via Fedex but won't cover returns. Should I use Canada Post? I never shipped anything overseas before. They told me to declare the package as a return as to avoid duties
I've never had an issue with Canada Post for outbound parcels, but I'm just one of many, so take that FWIW. If you live near a Chit Chats Express, you could always take it there and ship it through USPS. I note, though, when I once compared a small air packet's cost in Canada v. the US, the CDN rate was less expensive.
Jun 26, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
rockinbrowneyedgirl wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 5:44 pm
I had a prepaid visa card sent to me on April 19 got here today. 10 weeks and 2 days. It was shipped from Georgia (the state not country).

I ordered two dvd from yesasia this morning. I just know it's gonna take forever to get here as they ship from Hong kong. Crying Face
A month since this was shipped from Hong Kong and it still ain't here. Surprise surprise.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
29 posts
10 upvotes
Ordered a cell phone case from Amazon Canada, last month. Case is only $ 7.

Being shipped from UK by UK Royal Mail. Yet to arrive. Not like its coming from China or Russia or something.

If this is how they treat a small $ 7 packet from UK, you can only imagine how they are dealing with other countries. Plus I am in Toronto, so it should be easier as most stuff comes to Pearson airport.
Feb 1, 2017
32 posts
4 upvotes
Not too sure how long this current Canada Post mail carriers contract is but if the union doesn't do something in the next little while i can see Canada Post's current work force will be cut drastically things keep progressing like this . Now at the 6 week mark for 3 different packages, 1 from the U.K. and 2 from Germany. My postie is now in our area at 11:30 to 12 noon now decreased work load.Seems the only thing that has come through my mail slot is weekly flyers that seem to come on 3 different days now.
Jun 27, 2017
50 posts
3 upvotes
TrevorB177692 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 3:29 pm
Not too sure how long this current Canada Post mail carriers contract is but if the union doesn't do something in the next little while i can see Canada Post's current work force will be cut drastically things keep progressing like this . Now at the 6 week mark for 3 different packages, 1 from the U.K. and 2 from Germany. My postie is now in our area at 11:30 to 12 noon now decreased work load.Seems the only thing that has come through my mail slot is weekly flyers that seem to come on 3 different days now.
I remember I had a bill statement sent out around Mid-June and arrived around Mid July...Holy, like only a few days before the due date....
Nov 22, 2011
508 posts
56 upvotes
Batcave
seaker wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 2:28 am
I've never had an issue with Canada Post for outbound parcels, but I'm just one of many, so take that FWIW. If you live near a Chit Chats Express, you could always take it there and ship it through USPS. I note, though, when I once compared a small air packet's cost in Canada v. the US, the CDN rate was less expensive.
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately no Chit Chat in Alberta yet.
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10115 posts
3070 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Timsdonut wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 8:15 am
Ordered a cell phone case from Amazon Canada, last month. Case is only $ 7.

Being shipped from UK by UK Royal Mail. Yet to arrive. Not like its coming from China or Russia or something.

If this is how they treat a small $ 7 packet from UK, you can only imagine how they are dealing with other countries. Plus I am in Toronto, so it should be easier as most stuff comes to Pearson airport.
By coincidence, and in contrast, I also ordered a ~$10 smartphone case from Amazon last month. It was shipped from the UK in a small bubble pack on 13Jul (according to Amazon) and arrived here less than two weeks later. [Plus I'm in Waterloo so that must have added a day to the process ;) ]

That's the problem with anecdotal evidence based on a sample size of one: One person's "evidence" can be used to prove anything--including the opposite of the next guy's "evidence."
veni, vidi, Visa
Aug 3, 2017
1 posts
can't be bothered to scroll through all the previous replies. but I have two small packages that are from Asia that are sent via EMS. CP with their load of bollocks says that we get what we pay for, implying free shipping has less priority, but I've yet to receive any notification on my EMS package that's being currently reviewed by CBSA.
Nov 24, 2013
180 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Finally after a week at customs, it now says the package is now processed at Canada Post Willowdale, which is where I live.
Does anyone know if I can actually go to my Canada Post and pick up the package myself?
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2009
633 posts
243 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 8:31 am
That's the problem with anecdotal evidence based on a sample size of one
Except these ones reported thousands of very similar cases here by now, all showing the clear trend of Canada Post significantly degraded lower shipping cost packets processing over the last 3 years, and also degraded electronic information services for their entire products range. And many of these ones posted long lists of documented packet delivery patterns for extended time frame. That evidence is more than enough to start Class Action against CP, while demanding from Canada Government to implement drastic reversal of current CP packet delay policies introduced 3 years ago, and restore adequate public access to mail tracking info.
jankay wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 10:17 am
Does anyone know if I can actually go to my Canada Post and pick up the package myself?
Call CP CSR asking to drop the package at your nearby postal outlet. You can't pick it up from the station, they are not equipped for retail operations, and have no retail staff.
Nov 24, 2013
180 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
arnycus wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 10:20 am
Except these ones reported thousands of very similar cases here by now, all showing the clear trend of Canada Post significantly degraded lower shipping cost packets processing over the last 3 years, and also degraded electronic information services for their entire products range. And many of these ones posted long lists of documented packet delivery patterns for extended time frame. That evidence is more than enough to start Class Action against CP, while demanding from Canada Government to implement drastic reversal of current CP packet delay policies introduced 3 years ago, and restore adequate public access to mail tracking info.

Call CP CSR asking to drop the package at your nearby postal outlet. You can't pick it up from the station, they are not equipped for retail operations, and have no retail staff.
I was only wondering b/c I was hoping picking it up myself will hasten the process, but i guess not huh?

edit: nvm it now says out for delivery. Thanks
Last edited by jankay on Aug 4th, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)