Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2017 3:54 am
Jun 27, 2017
62 posts
3 upvotes
BeaverKnight wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 9:20 pm
Hi I bought something from JAPAN using Registered SAL, it left Tokyo on June 24th and still isnt here, thing is it was shipped to my University resident location and Im not there anymore ( my roommates are still there and watching it for me). I cant believe this shit, is Canada Post deliberately slowing the delivery time. SAL was the cheapest option but if I knew I had to wait at least 2 months I would have paid extra whatever for DHL or EMS. SAL tracking on japanpost stops at "Leaves for destination country" while canada post doesnt even support the tracking.
Anyone else experiencing massive delay from Japan. My thing was 12000 yen so idk if the Customs hold onto it for longer or something.
You are not alone here. My parcel's worth of 25000 Yen, and is currently in the same status as your parcel is. But the thing is it was shipped by EMS not SAL.

Yes, Canada Post already stopped giving out tracking status to public for SAL/Airmail for a while already. The only one you can track is EMS. However, I've heard cases where they accidentally or intentionally put EMS parcels as SAL parcels. I believe mine is being mistakenly put as a SAL parcel.

And even if it arrives at your door, the tracking on Japan Post won't change. My airmail parcels arrived last month, and it still says "Leaves for destination country" lol
Aug 22, 2017
4 posts
O crap sorry to hear, how long has yours been out for, is it as long as mine? (2 months) I actually found someone who bought something from the same place as i did and shipped on the same day as my package and got theirs early but theirs was only 6k yen so I guess it cleared faster. I guess EMS doesn't help either sometimes, i thought EMS was always live tracking, is the BC fire influencing the delay or do you think its just the Customs are slow.
Jun 27, 2017
62 posts
3 upvotes
BeaverKnight wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 10:32 pm
O crap sorry to hear, how long has yours been out for, is it as long as mine? (2 months) I actually found someone who bought something from the same place as i did and shipped on the same day as my package and got theirs early but theirs was only 6k yen so I guess it cleared faster. I guess EMS doesn't help either sometimes, i thought EMS was always live tracking, is the BC fire influencing the delay or do you think its just the Customs are slow.
Not to Canada Post. Unless tracking says it's being reviewed by Custom, otherwise, Canada Post is most likely to have our parcels sitting in the sorting plant waiting to be processed.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/canada-post-r ... -1.3447438

Canada Post is slow as snail but Custom isn't any better.

Mine's shipped on June 10th. Still waiting. My other parcels from July and August already arrived. Just not that EMS one shipped back in June.
Sep 8, 2016
17 posts
1 upvote
GTA
BeaverKnight wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 9:20 pm
Hi I bought something from JAPAN using Registered SAL, it left Tokyo on June 24th and still isnt here, thing is it was shipped to my University resident location and Im not there anymore ( my roommates are still there and watching it for me). I cant believe this shit, is Canada Post deliberately slowing the delivery time. SAL was the cheapest option but if I knew I had to wait at least 2 months I would have paid extra whatever for DHL or EMS. SAL tracking on japanpost stops at "Leaves for destination country" while canada post doesnt even support the tracking.
Anyone else experiencing massive delay from Japan. My thing was 12000 yen so idk if the Customs hold onto it for longer or something.
I'm experiencing delays with all my purchases from Japan, which is around 3-4 packages. I even have a package from Taiwan that I ordered in late May that I'm still waiting for. :/
Aug 22, 2017
4 posts
jenn17 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 11:46 pm
I'm experiencing delays with all my purchases from Japan, which is around 3-4 packages. I even have a package from Taiwan that I ordered in late May that I'm still waiting for. :/
Dam for your Japan purchases were they all SAL/EMS or varying? its been 2 months, Ive never experienced this long for SAL in my life.
Sep 8, 2016
17 posts
1 upvote
GTA
BeaverKnight wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 12:04 am
Dam for your Japan purchases were they all SAL/EMS or varying? its been 2 months, Ive never experienced this long for SAL in my life.
They were all SAL. SAL usually takes no longer than 2 weeks so that's why I thought it would be okay. If it's taking 2 months that means I will get my package around the same time as my trip to Japan. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Nov 12, 2011
313 posts
67 upvotes
Ontario
My friends and I have been using Registered SAL to get items from Tokyo and they've all arrived within 2 weeks.
Apr 27, 2010
557 posts
186 upvotes
YT2017 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 12:00 pm
If you are concerned with Canada Post and Customs international mail delays please join me in signing a petition to the prime minister. Here is a link.

https://www.change.org/p/prime-minister ... e_petition
Justin Trudeau wouldn't care. Judy Foote was the politician overseeing Canada Post, and she just resigned. Currently no one in charge of dealing with Canada Post, plus the CEO resigned recently. I don't think anything is getting resolved in the near future.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2062 posts
256 upvotes
Has anyone recently received a taxable package from the US through Mississauga? Waiting on a package valued at $220 USD that was shipped on Aug. 13th via USPS Priority International. Been sitting at "Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing." since the 15th. Am I looking at a month or more for a US package too?
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2009
719 posts
278 upvotes
YT2017 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 12:00 pm
If you are concerned with Canada Post and Customs international mail delays please join me in signing a petition to the prime minister. Here is a link.
Your petition is certainly a good and timely idea, but would benefit from some technical corrections. It may be better to post a draft here, so other people can suggest how to correct a few things. That may also increase its exposure and signature count.
spunwasi wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 12:54 pm
Justin Trudeau wouldn't care. Judy Foote was the politician overseeing Canada Post, and she just resigned. Currently no one in charge of dealing with Canada Post, plus the CEO resigned recently. I don't think anything is getting resolved in the near future.
Not entirely accurate IMHO. Ms Foote reportedly resigned for family reasons, and obviously they are very serious. Her resignation was likely a result of new urgent push for improvements in CPC services and operations that can't wait anymore, and possibly linked to the same cause prompting Mr Chopra to resign. Hence I'd assume the search for a new CPC CEO is on the way, and the company reboot strategy, both require active Ministry efforts right now. We will likely see some of the changes discussed later this year. I think key new element in improving CPC operations should be CPC Act amendments declaring Canada Post a vital basic service for Canadians, setting rates control, mail traceability, and base delivery standards directly in the law, and giving mail consumers direct penalty tools to monitor CPC performance.

Note: used a strong word in unrelated discussion - got a forum "penalty box" for some time. Choose your words carefully. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Aug 23, 2017
2 posts
1 upvote
Vertigo wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 7:10 pm
Has anyone recently received a taxable package from the US through Mississauga? Waiting on a package valued at $220 USD that was shipped on Aug. 13th via USPS Priority International. Been sitting at "Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing." since the 15th. Am I looking at a month or more for a US package too?
I've been waiting for a package from the states shipped by USPS Priority Mail International Parcels since August 10th now, it's been stuck at Mississauga with the status "Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing." It's also taxable with a value of over $200 USD. Glad I'm not alone!

I gave Canada Post a call and they said that it's been passed to customs, they told me that if it hasn't moved in more than 31 days, that's when I should start getting worried. Odd thing is, USPS tracking says my package had a "Customs Clearance" stage about 10 hours before it was "Processed Through Facility" (note the past tense). I'll keep you updated if anything changes.
Jun 26, 2017
20 posts
1 upvote
Mine wasn't taxable but I had to wait 10 weeks for a prepaid visa card from Georgia...so yes American packages take forever to get here too.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2062 posts
256 upvotes
rockinbrowneyedgirl wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 1:52 am
Mine wasn't taxable but I had to wait 10 weeks for a prepaid visa card from Georgia...so yes American packages take forever to get here too.
10 weeks??? From the US? That's ridiculous. What was the shipping method?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)