Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 2:23 am
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
99 upvotes
@nixrfd

Right suggestion. Back to the delays, did anyone notice that China originated registered mail with RG....CN tracking completely stopped tracking lately on China Post website? I've several such packages coming, and there was no "pickup" or "Posted" or any subsequent traces on CP portal. I wonder if its due to overload at "back to school" season? The various sellers as usual reply "Don't worry", and nothing else. Is anyone having the same issue?
May 10, 2017
166 posts
24 upvotes
sambul92 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 12:54 pm
@nixrfd

Right suggestion. Back to the delays, did anyone notice that China originated registered mail with RG....CN tracking completely stopped tracking lately on China Post website? I've several such packages coming, and there was no "pickup" or "Posted" or any subsequent traces on CP portal. I wonder if its due to overload at "back to school" season? The various sellers as usual reply "Don't worry", and nothing else. Is anyone having the same issue?
I have around 30 different orders coming from AE right now, all of them have some type of tracking updates (even orders with "untracked" 11-digit numbers). Only two of them with RS*-*CN tracking numbers haven't been updated since they were posted (25-30 days). These orders from 2 different sellers (maybe not, well, at least 2 different AE stores) . Yesterday I contacted AE CS via chat and raised this concern. They fed me with a bunch of "cut and paste" reassuring statements and AE sent a "waning" message to the seller. Let's see how it goes ...
Mar 20, 2016
96 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
sambul92 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 12:54 pm
If its been over a week and nothing in tracking other than the original scan, its probably not going to ship.
I've had this happen a few times, and package was never sent.
I don't think its a scam (why risk the feedback hit for a few dollars), most likely seller just forgot to ship it, or packaged it and it was lost somewhere, etc.

I'm trying a Taobao agent, and from purchase to receipt at their warehouse is stated <72hr for $2, usually it takes less than 2 days. Not sure if thats china post, but its super fast.
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
99 upvotes
Internally almost all eCommerce stuff in China is delivered by local couriers literally for pennies within 2-3 days maxed. No China Post involved ever. I've a number of AliExpress packages shipped by various means to Canada, and only RG...CN numbers from several sellers of totally different product types not tracked at all. These is no initial "Posted" or "Pickup" scan on them, only a number is posted on Ali, and all are not in CN Post tracking system. Many sellers are using drop-shipper warehouses, so they may in fact receive these numbers from the wholesalers. But the products were possibly never shipped, yet the sellers wouldn't know that, only mumble usual "Don't worry" stuff. I wonder if opening disputes will force them to verify with wholesalers and actually ship the products? Don't want to wait for nothing 2 months, but on the other side some items arrive without any traces. Interesting is, regular post is traceable very well within China, its only registered RG...CN mail failing to trace now. I see RF...CN and RS...CN tracing well too on my orders within China.
May 10, 2017
166 posts
24 upvotes
sambul92 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 3:23 am
But the products were possibly never shipped, yet the sellers wouldn't know that, only mumble usual "Don't worry" stuff.
Same story here, it took me 10 days of ping-pong e-mails with the seller, where I asked to provide me legit tracking number but it didn't help much. All messages ended with the same standard phrase: "Don't worry you will get it soon"
I wonder if opening disputes will force them to verify with wholesalers and actually ship the products? Don't want to wait for nothing 2 months, but on the other side some items arrive without any traces.
Probably not. "AE dispute team" will ask you to wait more and more until the end of "reasonable" time. In my case I used chat so they just sent standard message :
"We would like to inform you that one of your buyers is requesting to get in touch with you regarding an order placed in your online store" with the rest "blah-blah" stuff.
Interesting is, regular post is traceable very well within China, its only registered RG...CN mail failing to trace now. I see RF...CN and RS...CN tracing well too on my orders within China.
Could be that these RG numbers are just dummy or fake? I have never seen this type of numbers starting with RG.
Last edited by nixrfd on Sep 8th, 2017 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14065 posts
2474 upvotes
Toronto
Still takes over 2 months to receive items. From my general experience from ordering 300+ items from China over the years. I normally get 95% of them eventually.
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
99 upvotes
nixrfd wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 9:31 am
Could be that these RG numbers are just dummy or fake? I have never seen this type of numbers starting with RG.
Aliexpress shows no info on the numbers, but I just checked with 17_Track, and it shows "Electronic information received" 10-to-15 days ago. This means the goods were never shipped, but the sellers might not know it if using drop-shippers. Or they paid for the labels to fit the processing deadlines, but never got the products from an internal China source, so now hope I'll forget in 2 months? I just opened a case on one "no ship" item, will post how it goes. I can always cancel it later, if the seller ships the product. One thing is waiting 2-3 months for a product that was actually shipped, but another thing is wasting the same time for something that was never shipped to begin with. My reasoning is simple - Registered mail (RG....CN) must be actually scanned by a postman for China Post become liable for it. Since it was never scanned, this means, it was never given to the postman. You don't drop registered mail into a mailbox - it must be given to a postal employee to register, since registration is not an international tracking number, but a fact of accepting shipment.
May 10, 2017
166 posts
24 upvotes
sambul92 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 10:33 am
Aliexpress shows no info on the numbers, but I just checked with 17_Track, and it shows "Electronic information received" 10-to-15 days ago. This means the goods were never shipped, but the sellers might not know it if using drop-shippers. Or they paid for the labels to fit the processing deadlines, but never got the products from an internal China source, so now hope I'll forget in 2 months? I just opened a case on one "no ship" item, will post how it goes. I can always cancel it later, if the seller ships the product. One thing is waiting 2-3 months for a product that was actually shipped, but another thing is wasting the same time for something that was never shipped to begin with. My reasoning is simple - Registered mail (RG....CN) must be actually scanned by a postman for China Post become liable for it. Since it was never scanned, this means, it was never given to the postman. You don't drop registered mail into a mailbox - it must be given to a postal employee to register, since registration is not an international tracking number, but a fact of accepting shipment.
I have the same type of message for two of my RS tracking numbers. Sellers seem don't care much about legit tracking and it's strange.
Well, who knows how it works for AE these days, Before, you could open, close then re-open dispute. Right now it seems AE disables re-open option. Same thing for revise feedback (in case buyer left NEG), sellers seem don't have this option anymore.

Good luck with dispute, it would be interesting to know how soon dispute will end or if you receive the package with different or same tracking number.
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
99 upvotes
nixrfd wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 11:31 am
it would be interesting to know how soon dispute will end
To my big surprise, it wasn't really too long - just one day. The seller now agreed for a full refund without any explanation and no dispute escalation, just asking don't leave neg feedback - they are at 97% now. However, I'm not a big fan of Ali disputes, and will chat with CSR on the next "never shipped" item to see if they can push the other seller to actually ship it or give any proof of shipment. What I suspect is happening, due to long delivery delays in Canada namely for registered mail and hidden tracking, too many buyers file disputes, so the stores post fake tracking to select buyers to compensate for losses, if the buyer usually leaves 100% positive feedback.
Nov 15, 2008
94 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been waiting patiently for 2 months now for a package from Bulgaria via Ebay. I'd been in touch with the seller letting her know the status... no tracking at CP or the Russian site, and that CP has a history of delaying packages. I fear now that I've been a little too patient as Ebay's 30-day money back guarantee has now lapsed. Regardless, I put in a request for the item and/or a refund, hoping she'll try to follow up on her end somehow, or be kind and give me my money back. I note at this point, I can't even leave feedback if she doesn't refund me, however.

So what do you do in these sorts of situations? You know CP sucks and will drag their a$$ to deliver a registered package, but you don't want to put the blame on the seller and make them issue a refund when there's still a chance it'll be delivered. Do you push for the refund then pay again once it arrives??

Moving forward, I'll have everything shipped to the US and pick it up from there. Seriously, I can't believe CP gets away w/ this $h!t. >:(
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
99 upvotes
Paypal has 180 days claim limit. I'm not a big claims fan, but in my case the item was obviously never shipped with no pickup tracking, otherwise I wouldn't rush to file a claim.
Nov 15, 2008
94 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver
sambul92 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 11:47 pm
Paypal has 180 days claim limit. I'm not a big claims fan, but in my case the item was obviously never shipped with no pickup tracking, otherwise I wouldn't rush to file a claim.
Thanks for the reply. I'll go that route if I don't read back from the seller. I know Ebay won't help since it's past 30 days. I noted I could've left feedback up to 2 days ago, so I shouldn't have been so patient and pushed for action even 3 days sooner.

There is tracking for the package on Bulgaria's website, but it ends once it leaves the country, of course.

I don't care if CP is losing money on registered packages... if it's got a tracking number, it should be tracked! Find a way to make up the loss, FFS...
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
99 upvotes
nixrfd wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 11:31 am
I have the same type of message for two of my RS tracking numbers.
Strange things keep happening. I sent PMs to 4 sellers who never shipped my orders after the August promo on Aliexpress asking to post a proof of shipment. Now I got a reply from another store for a different product type:
"Dear friend
I just check the logistics for you, and get a news from our shipping department, your parcel was sent back to us.and I still do not get the reason,
We feel so sorry for this problem
so we can agree to return your money back ,is this ok?
So you just file dispute,we just return back your money ,is this ok?
"

I replied "Since ePacket tracking number you posted shows the item was never picked up from your store, China Post or Customs could not possibly return it to you. So you either ship the product now, or be reported to Aliexpress fraud department". Will see how it goes, I'm getting really tired to play a fool role. It looks like some stores want to raise sales stats using major promos as it gives higher service fee discounts on Ali, but then refuse to ship the products because the item price now raised everywhere 50% after the promo is over. What else can I do to encourage them shipping the item? I wanted to leave NEG feedback, and then change it to Good after receiving the item, but now Feedback option won't show up until the item is marked Received or Dispute Closed. Filing multiple disputes is a bad idea anyway, its possible to get banned for no own fault, so is filing a dispute the only way to get refund?
Sep 8, 2017
12 posts
Hey,

I have a package in transit right now. I was tracking through 17track.net and canadapost ( double entry trick I found on this site ).

It's a registered priority mail item. I got a scan that it left the origin country about a week ago ( 1st of Sept ). Since then it never updated on the CP side.

This morning I went to check again, and it's saying there is an error with the carrier's site... CP has a warning about maintenance over the weekend, but it shouldnt have started yet.

Has anyone else had this problem ? Is anyone able to get tracking info for their intl. packages right now ? Is this for everyone or was my tracking code just lost or deleted or whatnot ?