Shopping Discussion

Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2023 2:57 pm
Jul 2, 2018
240 posts
123 upvotes
EugW wrote: Anyone order from Amazon.ca with out-of-the-country third party sellers? Since we never know how they ship, I figured it was too risky to do that, especially when I read some of the merchant reviews saying orders were taking several weeks to arrive (but not 4 months).
I have, many times. Mostly from the UK, Scandinavia, and other parts of Europe. Never had an issue. Sometimes they arrive in a week, other times three weeks. When you're only paying a few bucks in shipping, they are obviously not sending via tracked parcel post, but if you don't mind waiting a bit, I've never had anything take ridiculously long or go missing.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
1364 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
Dam, so I got a new phone and it looks like the Canada Post app no longer gives push notifications of scans. I had a package from Tokyo shipped to Penguin Pick up in Toronto and they sent me a text they received my package.
However entering the tracking number into CanadaPost's app never gave me push notifications.
Sep 29, 2012
790 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
I have package setting custom in Richmond for last 10 days.

Another package same supplier came from Mississauga port and it was clear within hour or so.

Trichmond sometime takes longer to clear few mo the back it took almost 3 weeks to clear ... let see what happen to this one
Jan 12, 2008
477 posts
283 upvotes
Tracking says package delivered but my package is no where to be found. No miss delivery slip or anything. I wonder if it was because it was super cold this morning they decided to be lazy.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27753 posts
27759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Disciplinz wrote: Tracking says package delivered but my package is no where to be found. No miss delivery slip or anything. I wonder if it was because it was super cold this morning they decided to be lazy.
Could be...
I sometimes find the Tracking Reports don’t 100% match up ... either they lag behind the actual delivery, or like your case they are ahead of reality

It will probably sort itself out in the next 24 to 48 Hours
Dec 18, 2016
42 posts
12 upvotes
sndeal wrote: I have package setting custom in Richmond for last 10 days.

Another package same supplier came from Mississauga port and it was clear within hour or so.

Trichmond sometime takes longer to clear few mo the back it took almost 3 weeks to clear ... let see what happen to this one
When did your package clear Mississauga customs? I have two packages there. One has been there for 6 days. Both items were from the U.S.
Jan 24, 2019
4 posts
Alright guys, I have a package sent from U.S by USPS, the item has arrived in Mississauga on Jan 21st, but on the Canada Post tracking history, it still shows that “Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing. “ no more info was updated since then. Appreciate your info, thanks!
Jan 24, 2019
4 posts
Paul31 wrote: When did your package clear Mississauga customs? I have two packages there. One has been there for 6 days. Both items were from the U.S.
I have a package sent from U.S and has arrived in Mississauga on Jan 21st. No more info was updated, seems like we are on the same boat. But my another package arrived on Jan 18 has passed through customs right away, like in a few hours.
Feb 2, 2009
59 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal
Makalin75 wrote: I have a package sent from U.S and has arrived in Mississauga on Jan 21st. No more info was updated, seems like we are on the same boat. But my another package arrived on Jan 18 has passed through customs right away, like in a few hours.
I am in the same situation as the two of you. I have a package sent via USPS which arrived at Mississauga Customs on the morning of January 22 and it is still sitting there. I hope that I receive my item by the end of next week. I have a circuit board coming up from the US but purchased via Ebay and sent via International Priority through the Global Shipping Program. I hope that goes quicker.
Jan 24, 2019
4 posts
Haha. Just knew it, I seriously doubt it’s because of Canada Post but not Customs. My package sent by UPS from U.S passed through customs right away on Jan 18th. Packages sent by USPS was held for a freaking long time, honesty it might because of the freaking cold&harsh weather last week and early this so that Canada Post can not process their packages on time. Which means that our package might just sitting in the warehouse, but not shipped to local post office.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24148 posts
43040 upvotes
ONTARIO
One of my packages from rareseeds.com is out for delivery today. Shipped via DHL -> USPS -> Canada Post
According to the tracking, it entered Canada yesterday in Mississauga and was already done with customs and out for delivery by today. Way faster through customs than any of my current China orders.
Dec 18, 2016
42 posts
12 upvotes
Makalin75 wrote: Haha. Just knew it, I seriously doubt it’s because of Canada Post but not Customs. My package sent by UPS from U.S passed through customs right away on Jan 18th. Packages sent by USPS was held for a freaking long time, honesty it might because of the freaking cold&harsh weather last week and early this so that Canada Post can not process their packages on time. Which means that our package might just sitting in the warehouse, but not shipped to local post office.
My packages have cleared customs now but one is sitting in Mississauga for 2 days. Just shows as 'Item processed'
Jun 1, 2016
649 posts
258 upvotes
Paul31 wrote: My packages have cleared customs now but one is sitting in Mississauga for 2 days. Just shows as 'Item processed'
Not sure if it's the same thing, but my item has been showing as "Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing." in Mississauga for six business days. Canada Post tells me it's customs. Not sure what's going on
Dec 18, 2016
42 posts
12 upvotes
cosmopath wrote: Not sure if it's the same thing, but my item has been showing as "Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing." in Mississauga for six business days. Canada Post tells me it's customs. Not sure what's going on
Yep, that's in customs. Normally it's pretty quick in Mississauga customs but one of mine just took around 8 days. Should be released soon. Then there's a potential delay from Canada Post.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2939 posts
580 upvotes
Am still waiting for a package from Fenix in China that shipped out on or about November 14th. I let them know after 2 months had gone by and they said they'd send a replacement. I said to wait a bit longer as slow shipping to Canada is normal. So now at 75 days, I'm about to send them an update and say "please send again". It's actually a full-item warranty replacement when all I actually needed was replacement of a small part that happened to be out of stock so feel bad that they're going to be further out of pocket. I'd be happy to wait longer were it not for the fact that it's a product i regularly use, or want to use.
Nov 23, 2017
30 posts
1 upvote
Hello everybody,

I am just kinda worried about an order I placed on AliExpress and was curious if somebody ever had similar experience.

I ordered something for 90$ on AliExpress and the shipping method was AliExpress standard shipping wich was free. I was given a tracking number that start with LP, followed by 14 digits.

On january 25 I got an update saying that the shipment was dispatched. And then on january 26, I got another update that says "Problem at country of origin warehouse" according to the AliExpress tracking.

If I go on the official tracking website of AlieExpress standard shipping it says "Inbound failure in sorting center". No update since then. What can that mean? Will I ever get my package? I tried contacting the seller about that and havent got any reply yet.. The package contains nothing that could potentially be illegal in Canada.

Thank you!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Mrsold33 wrote: On january 25 I got an update saying that the shipment was dispatched. And then on january 26, I got another update that says "Problem at country of origin warehouse" according to the AliExpress tracking.

If I go on the official tracking website of AlieExpress standard shipping it says "Inbound failure in sorting center". No update since then. What can that mean? Will I ever get my package?
Unless these dates are in 2018, it's way too early to tell. These tracking sites are notoriously inaccurate, especially on "free" shipping. Even when you pay extra for ePacket, some sites stop tracking once the package leaves China or supposedly arrives in Canada. That includes Canada Post's site where with a recent ePacket tracking ended in China even after the package arrived in my mail box.

Be patient. Two months isn't unusual with "free" shipping. Of course make sure you know when your AliExpress dispute window closes so that if the need arises you can file a dispute before then.
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 23, 2017
30 posts
1 upvote
bylo wrote: Unless these dates are in 2018, it's way too early to tell. These tracking sites are notoriously inaccurate, especially on "free" shipping. Even when you pay extra for ePacket, some sites stop tracking once the package leaves China or supposedly arrives in Canada. That includes Canada Post's site where with a recent ePacket tracking ended in China even after the package arrived in my mail box.

Be patient. Two months isn't unusual with "free" shipping. Of course make sure you know when your AliExpress dispute window closes so that if the need arises you can file a dispute before then.
Thank you for the reply. I know it is way too early, but I was just worried since the tracking says that there was a "problem" at the China sorting center, without any additionnal details. Plus the seller does not reply to my question. I did not open a AliExpress dispute yet. The LP tracking number cant be tracked using canada post too
Feb 28, 2010
189 posts
33 upvotes
Canada
Well I've had two sellers refund me preemptively with profusion of apologies for items I had purchased because of the Canada Post backlog. We are being blacklisted by foreigners... More and more sellers just won't ship here anymore, we're like a third world nation, I just can't comprehend how blind our politicians are...Angry Face It's high time to shut down this diseased organization and start from scratch. Thank You for destroying a perfectly functional good system by privatizing it, Mr Mulroney... NOT!

What next, privatize our roads? How about simply shutting down the country because it isn't profitable enough? Angry Face
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2939 posts
580 upvotes
An update on my post from yesterday: the doorbell rang today and it was a delivery from DHL. It was my replacement item, sent from Shenzhen on Thursday afternoon. Wow, 2 business days to my door, that can't have been cheap. Original package sent via snail mail still pending...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)