Shopping Discussion

Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 6:02 pm
Jun 26, 2017
24 posts
1 upvote
How's the delay on packages from South Korea? I ordered a dvd that gets shipped out tonight. Usually only takes 14 business days, but had to wait a month last time.
Oct 17, 2017
79 posts
13 upvotes
aaron158 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 12:55 am
because canada post blocked all tracking for inbound packages in sept. only way to get tracking now is if u waste a ton of extra money and pay for ems. or e-packet if its from china.
All packages are still tracked as before. What was blocked are some residual leaks of tracking data to the public. The Android app was the last standing because CPC doesn't have Android devs anymore, and and 3rd party contractors needed time to figure out how to block tracking notifications.

Still waiting for 2 packages shipped from China 2 months ago in late Aug - early Sep: one by WinIt, another by CN RG. And holiday season is fast approaching, so chances are I'll don't get them until Feb-March 2018. CN RG class seems to be the most purposely delayed for processing type of shipment in Canada.
Dec 9, 2008
351 posts
39 upvotes
aaron158 wrote:
because canada post blocked all tracking for inbound packages in sept. only way to get tracking now is if u waste a ton of extra money and pay for ems. or e-packet if its from china.
[removed]

Why are packages from Japan being delayed? What excuse is it? They never took this long and Japan isn't China. The products aren't cheaper, or from shady smaller businesses who deal with possible corrupt things or illegal things. Most of us who buy from Japan have $100 + dollar orders from legit sites.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 31st, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported/inappropriate comment
Nov 12, 2011
336 posts
67 upvotes
Ontario
aaron158 wrote:
That sucks. In september I had one package from Tokyo and the CP app still gave push notifications. Guess not anymore
Nov 25, 2004
835 posts
252 upvotes
London
zamar81 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 10:54 am
All packages are still tracked as before. What was blocked are some residual leaks of tracking data to the public. The Android app was the last standing because CPC doesn't have Android devs anymore, and and 3rd party contractors needed time to figure out how to block tracking notifications.

Still waiting for 2 packages shipped from China 2 months ago in late Aug - early Sep: one by WinIt, another by CN RG. And holiday season is fast approaching, so chances are I'll don't get them until Feb-March 2018. CN RG class seems to be the most purposely delayed for processing type of shipment in Canada.
dont matter if there still scanning them or not if we cant access the info they might as well not scan them.
Last edited by aaron158 on Oct 31st, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 25, 2004
835 posts
252 upvotes
London
r00t_decision wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 11:10 am
[removed]

Why are packages from Japan being delayed? What excuse is it? They never took this long and Japan isn't China. The products aren't cheaper, or from shady smaller businesses who deal with possible corrupt things or illegal things. Most of us who buy from Japan have $100 + dollar orders from legit sites.
its not just japan its basically any package out side canada expect the us most us packages come though ok because even first class packages get treated as an express post package in canada. were as packages from overseas unless u pay for ems or epacket in the case of stuff from china the package it treated as the lowest priority possible.

like take england as an example packages use to take 5-10 working days to come from there. i have even had some that took as few as 4. this was for the most basic air mail shipments with no tracking. stuff came so fast from there that there was times it came faster then stuff just shipped out from the other side of canada. now ur lucky if u get a package from england in 30-45 days. and 90% that is just canada post/custom holding up the package because they can.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 31st, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Jun 9, 2007
588 posts
38 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Waiting for my package from Malaysia:

2017-09-19 13:08 MPC PMIH (KLIA), Item dispatched out VANCOUVER PACIFIC PROCESSING CENTRE
2017-09-19 11:07 MPC PMIH (KLIA), Item processed MPC PMIH (KLIA)
2017-09-19 11:07 MPC PMIH (KLIA), Item processed at MPC PMIH (KLIA)
2017-09-18 20:52 PUSAT MEL NASIONAL, Item dispatched out MPC PMIH (KLIA)
2017-09-18 17:53 PUSAT MEL NASIONAL, Item processed
2017-09-18 10:49 POST OFFICE PANDAN PRIMA, Item dispatched out PUSAT MEL NASIONAL
2017-09-18 10:47 POST OFFICE PANDAN PRIMA, Item posted over the counter

No updates and untrackable via CP...Crying Face
May 10, 2017
168 posts
24 upvotes
Theory wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 2:43 pm
Waiting for my package from Malaysia:
Same here (check my post:#4083 page:273) since 16AUG2017. 72 days and counting ...
Jun 9, 2007
588 posts
38 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
nixrfd wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 3:03 pm
Same here (check my post:#4083 page:273) since 16AUG2017. 72 days and counting ...
Just looked at your post. Perhaps these ones take 3 months...argh...
Apr 10, 2012
693 posts
256 upvotes
Is it normal to see tracking say "item shipped", then "waiting for pick up" followed by "shipment cancelled by seller"?

Did the vendor actually cancel or is there some "sneaky" maneuvering going on here? Vendor is not responding so I will file a dispute shortly, but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

EDIT: Item ordered 6 weeks ago. Only message I got was 4 weeks ago saying they will look into it, but no messages/replies since.
Last edited by shahram0 on Oct 31st, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 17, 2017
79 posts
13 upvotes
It may be the item is temp out of stock, so they may ship it a bit later. Show some tolerance, often items are shipped from a 3rd party, and the seller may not check stock until they got your payment. Or may be you won it too cheap, and the manager not approved. You can't file a dispute until certain time has passed, but try escalating to CSR by chat or email. if its a small store, your seller may be sick for all you know.
Apr 10, 2012
693 posts
256 upvotes
zamar81 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 4:02 pm
It may be the item is temp out of stock, so they may ship it a bit later. Show some tolerance, often items are shipped from a 3rd party, and the seller may not check stock until they got your payment. Or may be you won it too cheap, and the manager not approved. You can't file a dispute until certain time has passed, but try escalating to CSR by chat or email. if its a small store, your seller may be sick for all you know.
I thought about all of those things, but item was ordered 6 weeks ago. When I first told them, they said they will look into it, but that was 4 weeks ago and they've gone silent since.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14080 posts
2481 upvotes
Toronto
Got an item from August 6th today. Over 2.5 months.
May 10, 2017
168 posts
24 upvotes
shahram0 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 3:38 pm
Is it normal to see tracking say "item shipped", then "waiting for pick up" followed by "shipment cancelled by seller"?

Did the vendor actually cancel or is there some "sneaky" maneuvering going on here? Vendor is not responding so I will file a dispute shortly, but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

EDIT: Item ordered 6 weeks ago. Only message I got was 4 weeks ago saying they will look into it, but no messages/replies since.
You don't have to open any dispute (if it's AliExpress), just contact Customer Support via chat and ask to cancel this order explaining your case (refund will follow). Or work it out with the seller to rearrange the shipment.
Jun 9, 2007
588 posts
38 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Ordered some tempered glass screen protectors for my iPhone 8+ on October 16, 2017 and surprised to see them in my mailbox today.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)