Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 11:24 am
Oct 17, 2017
79 posts
13 upvotes
shahram0 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 4:23 pm
item was ordered 6 weeks ago. When I first told them, they said they will look into it, but that was 4 weeks ago and they've gone silent since.
I personally can wait only 3-5 days based on time estimate required to process an order and also seller feedback, then PM with the seller for a few days setting a deadline to ship. If I don't see proof of shipment by the deadline, contact CSR asking to push the seller. They can also request your order being cancelled and refunded, so your risk score won't raise. I don't like my orders to be used to improve seller stats without intention to ship.
Jul 6, 2017
13 posts
3 upvotes
Had 2 items ship out on Oct 10. One by ePacket arrived Oct 24 (exactly 2 weeks). One by SF eParcel (which turned out to be PostNL) arrived today, Oct 31 (exactly 3 weeks).
May 10, 2017
167 posts
24 upvotes
Theory wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 5:32 pm
Ordered some tempered glass screen protectors for my iPhone 8+ on October 16, 2017 and surprised to see them in my mailbox today.
Funny we have similar experience again ...

Yesterday (31OCT2017) I received my order from EBay seller (ordered 17OCT2017 and shipped 19OCT2017). It came in a simple envelope from Hong Kong with two stamps (HK$6.60 or CAN$1.10). No shipping bar-code or tracking number. It has Customs Declaration sticker (CN22) at the back and weighed around 30g. Inside just one USB flash drive(CAN$10) in a blister package.

CPC is so unpredictable in processing its mail. It can take 2 weeks or 5.5 months to arrive for the same type of thing*. Sure it's not always CPC fault but other post companies don't hide tracking details from their customers**. Well, maybe they will soon - bad examples(habits) are very contagious.

*I had one order that came in small packet (two TF cards in blister pack) in the middle of May this year that was shipped at the end of year 2016.

**EDIT: Actually I found that Australian Post follows the suit with registered mail too. They don't provide this info either.
Last edited by nixrfd on Nov 1st, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 20, 2004
384 posts
66 upvotes
Order a cellphone case from AliExpress on Oct 16th, and received yesterday(Oct 31). Very fast shipment
Jun 9, 2007
588 posts
38 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
nixrfd wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 6:08 am
Funny we have similar experience again ...

Yesterday (31OCT2017) I received my order from EBay seller (ordered 17OCT2017 and shipped 19OCT2017). It came in a simple envelope from Hong Kong with two stamps (HK$6.60 or CAN$1.10). No shipping bar-code or tracking number. It has Customs Declaration sticker (CN22) at the back and weighed around 30g. Inside just one USB flash drive(CAN$10) in a blister package.

CPC is so unpredictable in processing its mail. It can take 2 weeks or 5.5 months to arrive for the same type of thing*. Sure it's not always CPC fault but other post companies don't hide tracking details from their customers**. Well, maybe they will soon - bad examples(habits) are very contagious.

*I had one order that came in small packet (two TF cards in blister pack) in the middle of May this year that was shipped at the end of year 2016.

**EDIT: Actually I found that Australian Post follows the suit with registered mail too. They don't provide this info as well.
Hopefully our other ones come sooner...the one I'm expecting can't be replaced so I'm hoping I'll get it than it gets lost somewhere.
Apr 13, 2010
341 posts
121 upvotes
Loyalist, ON
carmaster wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 1:37 pm
Must be e-packet.
Maybe, maybe not. Lately, "Aliexpress standard shipping" has meant UBI, which in some cases I have found faster than ePacket. That's why I'm wondering.
Jan 3, 2015
79 posts
26 upvotes
Delta, BC
Here are some recent shipping times for small value items ordered on ebay from China. Have one item from April I considered lost.

Ordered Arrived Days
10-Sep --------- 52+
14-Sep 1-Nov 48
14-Sep --------- 48+
15-Sep 3-Oct 18
29-Sep 31-Oct 32
6-Oct --------- 26+
Jun 9, 2007
588 posts
38 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
It's the first time I'm getting a package from Germany (DHL) with a RM tracking number. I'm guessing this is also affected too? The CP mobile app says "tracking isn't a feature"...
Jun 26, 2017
23 posts
1 upvote
Theory wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 10:47 pm
It's the first time I'm getting a package from Germany (DHL) with a RM tracking number. I'm guessing this is also affected too? The CP mobile app says "tracking isn't a feature"...
The app doesn't work for me anymore either.
Nov 25, 2004
835 posts
252 upvotes
London
so i called my mp back to see if he ever got an answer out of canada post or customs about the delays. he said they pretty much wouldn't tell him anything that was of use. i got a pretty much well there's not much i can do about it answer out of him.
Oct 17, 2017
79 posts
13 upvotes
@aaron158

May be you should attain meetings with candidates at next election, articulate the problem, and choose the right one who will be willing to represent your interests instead of their own. Smiling Face With Open Mouth Trust, any local MP can do a lot more than simply say "they didn't tell me". This is his direct job paid by you as a taxpayer to do a whole lot more than that. In fact, many MPs resolve complains of their electorate at any Government or legislature level required.
May 21, 2014
656 posts
831 upvotes
Alberta, AB
I have found in the recent 12 months any delivery has been super slow from China. My eBay items could take up to 4 months for delivery. However, anything from north America is super fast
Mahawka :)
Nov 25, 2004
835 posts
252 upvotes
London
zamar81 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:45 am
@aaron158

May be you should attain meetings with candidates at next election, articulate the problem, and choose the right one who will be willing to represent your interests instead of their own. Smiling Face With Open Mouth Trust, any local MP can do a lot more than simply say "they didn't tell me". This is his direct job paid by you as a taxpayer to do a whole lot more than that. In fact, many MPs resolve complains of their electorate at any Government or legislature level required.
well even if i do all that. i haven't heard anyone else here say there MP is doing anything of use about it either. Contacting the PM was just as big a waste of time to his office just forwards the message over to canada post for a canned replied rather then doing anything about it.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)