Shopping Discussion

Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 2:23 am
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2133 posts
491 upvotes
Can anyone explain what was this tracking mean? This was fro UBI and from CP, only 2017-10-18 was the last update they have. CP support center is useless, just told me what I already saw from tracking. I submitted a ticket and got no response for 5 days now. Anyone know if thera is an email address support from CP that I can send to? Seller wanted me to get confirm from CP that the package is lost so they can refund me. How could I do this? I did buy insurance for the package though.

2017-10-27 02:21 Shipment received at originating postal facility EASTERN PASSAGE
2017-10-18 09:05 Shipment picked up by Canada Post RICHMOND
2017-10-12 07:25 Uplifted from Transshipment Hub HONG KONG
2017-10-12 01:15 Electronic information submitted by shipper RICHMOND
2017-10-11 06:43 Processed at origin hub HONGKONG
2017-10-10 05:10 Received shipment HONGKONG
Nov 25, 2004
830 posts
249 upvotes
London
mkl38s wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 9:19 am
Can anyone explain what was this tracking mean? This was fro UBI and from CP, only 2017-10-18 was the last update they have. CP support center is useless, just told me what I already saw from tracking. I submitted a ticket and got no response for 5 days now. Anyone know if thera is an email address support from CP that I can send to? Seller wanted me to get confirm from CP that the package is lost so they can refund me. How could I do this? I did buy insurance for the package though.

2017-10-27 02:21 Shipment received at originating postal facility EASTERN PASSAGE
2017-10-18 09:05 Shipment picked up by Canada Post RICHMOND
2017-10-12 07:25 Uplifted from Transshipment Hub HONG KONG
2017-10-12 01:15 Electronic information submitted by shipper RICHMOND
2017-10-11 06:43 Processed at origin hub HONGKONG
2017-10-10 05:10 Received shipment HONGKONG
the first tracking scan shows it picked up in Richmond bc witch is were it would have cleared customs. the second scan means it went though a processing plant located in Nova Scotia
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2133 posts
491 upvotes
aaron158 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 1:28 pm
the first tracking scan shows it picked up in Richmond bc witch is were it would have cleared customs. the second scan means it went though a processing plant located in Nova Scotia
Thanks. So expected delivery date was Oct 25, but instead, they sent it all the way to NS on oct 27 and then it just just sat there till today. Yet I tried calling them and they had no clue where. Why UBI tracking has more details than CP own tracking? CP only has oct 18 as the last update. I will try to call them again on Monday
Nov 25, 2004
830 posts
249 upvotes
London
mkl38s wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 1:47 pm
Thanks. So expected delivery date was Oct 25, but instead, they sent it all the way to NS on oct 27 and then it just just sat there till today. Yet I tried calling them and they had no clue where. Why UBI tracking has more details than CP own tracking? CP only has oct 18 as the last update. I will try to call them again on Monday
calling them is just a waste of time
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2133 posts
491 upvotes
aaron158 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 1:52 pm
calling them is just a waste of time
+1, pretty useless. I just did and what they said was getting my seller to open an investigation ticket. But my seller was telling me if I can get CP to confirm the package is lost then they will refund me. CP said the package wasn't lost, just sitting in NS :(. I asked about the ticket I opened last week, they said it was monitoring ticket. They will let me know if there is an update with the package. What a useless support system, I could track the package myself. I thought with a ticket, someone will do something about it. So at the end, there is no effort from CP to look for the package and I just have to wait at their mercy that someday, someone will find the package and delivery it :(
Oct 17, 2017
79 posts
13 upvotes
mkl38s wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 2:30 pm
there is no effort from CP to look for the package and I just have to wait at their mercy that someday, someone will find the package and delivery it
Your package was not lost but rather directed for sorting to a less busy regional center servicing your area, or sent there by sorting mistake. The delivery will proceed in the pace depending on many factors, if you read this thread. So I doubt you can get insurance or late delivery compensation, since UBI is a low cost express shipping method. Try calling CPC supervisor to discuss your ticket status. Ask to send an email to the sorting center tracing agent, so she would go to the plant, find your package as per internal machine scan data, and manually carry it to the right container. I doubt they will do it unless a certain time has passed, since at the plant they follow standard procedures, and your package may be hard to find in cages "aging" in waiting area. :) Once its out of the fast pace stream, it will be moved s-l-o-w-l-y like "free shipping". And every postman you ask will look at you like you're a thief stealing his lunch. Face With Tears Of Joy

Just got a feedback reminder from an Ebay seller who shipped a package 3 weeks earlier from HK. I said feedback will be blocked by the time I'll get this package 3 months from now. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes She said "we'll reship, but no tracking for less than $50" - familiar "you are fool - oh no, look at the mirror" game follows.
Oct 25, 2004
553 posts
72 upvotes
my epacket from china, shipped oct 26, just scanned in Richmond Nov 13. Anybody know what the possible delivery is now? Anywhere from a week to a few months?

thanks
stanislavspon wrote:
Dec 19th, 2008 10:35 pm
There are certain extraterrestrial races who look upon us the way we look upon animals. Though such view is not held widely throughout the universe some extraterrestrial races view us to be a barbaric race. I would have to agree with them. Moreover planet earth is being quarantined and monitored specifically since we detonated the atomic bomb. Many extraterrestrial races are excited to see us evolve so we can join our galactic family of light.
Dec 23, 2015
116 posts
69 upvotes
vilator wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:54 am
my epacket from china, shipped oct 26, just scanned in Richmond Nov 13. Anybody know what the possible delivery is now? Anywhere from a week to a few months?

thanks
I been getting stuff from China lately in 4 weeks or less.
Oct 25, 2004
553 posts
72 upvotes
6060842 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:02 pm
I been getting stuff from China lately in 4 weeks or less.
thanks. I'm just hoping I beat the christmas rush or whatever, getting it before december would be just greaaat
stanislavspon wrote:
Dec 19th, 2008 10:35 pm
There are certain extraterrestrial races who look upon us the way we look upon animals. Though such view is not held widely throughout the universe some extraterrestrial races view us to be a barbaric race. I would have to agree with them. Moreover planet earth is being quarantined and monitored specifically since we detonated the atomic bomb. Many extraterrestrial races are excited to see us evolve so we can join our galactic family of light.
Jan 9, 2011
285 posts
105 upvotes
Montreal, QC
mynamett wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 3:07 pm
It seem that complaining to the media and getting media attention from CTV did work. The delivery time to the Montreal area has improved significantly for China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus.

One item took 15 days. Three others items ordered the same day just arrived with a delivery time 0f 20 days. We have to keep the pressure on Canada Post.
With two direct flights from Beijing and Shanghai into Montréal that weren't there a year ago I can imagine. What was the first-point-of-arrival for your packages?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
5185 posts
1012 upvotes
BC
epacket from Shenzhen shipped Oct. 30 arrived Victoria (via Montreal) Nov. 14

USPS 1st. class from N. Carolina arrived on 4th. business day

So no complaints here.

The China packet was under-declared ($5USD instead of $13.50USD) and I couldn't have had any complaint if customs had decided to open it.
Obviously they don't have time to check everything, but a greater semblance of honesty with declarations in the grand scheme of things might be needed to avoid the "slow cages" syndrome.
Oct 17, 2017
79 posts
13 upvotes
mynamett wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:52 pm
What an improvement compare to last year.
Did you specially register a new RFD acc to deliver us these great news? Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I don't think UBI was offered to Canada last year, especially as Aliexpress Standard Shipping for more expensive items. Even ePacket was NOT Ali Standard Shipping option. Ali shipped by Singapore Post from own fulfillment centers. They moved to costlier express methods when facing massive "Not received" claims from Canada buyers. In addition, Montreal sorting plant was always better staffed due to proximity to power holders, so in Montreal stuff was delivered a lot faster last year even by RG mail from China, you can find reports about it all over this thread. I'm still waiting for several China RG and small packets shipped end of Aug - beginning of Sep. 2017, nearing 3 months already. They cut deliveries in Toronto greatly, probably to staff Montreal plant even better, I'm shocked to see our postman running around once in 3 days now, while even month ago he was here daily.

On top, it doesn't matter if the seller posts $5 or $15 value, as the item name usually gives an idea of the value range, and up to $100 value its cost prohibitive to even open these packages. Meaning they are not sitting at Customs.
Oct 17, 2017
79 posts
13 upvotes
Even if Ali is offering UBI as a one of shipping methods now, sellers pay more to use it. Its not always reflected in the shipping fee seen by a buyer, as part of it is hidden by the seller into an item price to make shipping look cheaper. More important, it seems to be out of buyer's control. Many sellers ship from own or 3rd party warehouses, so they can't use UBI offered from Ali fulfillment centers. In other cases, sellers in remote areas just don't offer anything apart from "free" China Post or large couriers. When "Ali Standard Shipping" is offered, in most cases the seller will choose ePacket as Ali method, unless its a costlier item like $30-50. I never got anything by UBI from Ali, but from Ebay it was min $20 per item, and I needed to do a lot of seller convincing, since Ebay doesn't require sellers to post tracking numbers, so they usually don't use traceable methods shipping instead by HK or Malaysia Post, which don't give even domestic tracking in contrast with China Post, so no proof of shipment is available. UBI option is easy to access for Ebay Asia sellers, but they usually don't due to a bit higher shipping rates and low awareness. Also, many of these folks use more accessible ways to ship from their local areas, while UBI branches are seldom found. Even in Toronto its impossible to ship by UBI to anywhere, they only deliver mail from certain countries here.
Last edited by zamar81 on Nov 15th, 2017 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 9, 2007
585 posts
38 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
nixrfd wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:00 pm
Finally my order from China (AliExpress) came via Malaysia Post. It took 83 days or 12 weeks or almost 3 months. I'm sure that this parcel was lingering for 10 weeks somewhere in Canada.

ORDER$:$8.50
TRACK.#:RQ500******MY (Malaysia Post)
ORDERED:16AUG2017
SHIPPED(BY-SELLER):17AUG017
SENT(BY-AIRLINE):21AUG2017
ARRIVED(CP-SCAN):N/A
REFUND:NO
RECEIVED:07NOV2017

TIME-SINCE-ORDERED:83 DAYS (07NOV2017)
Wow, I guess I need to wait one more month for my package...Face With Tears Of Joy
May 10, 2017
166 posts
24 upvotes
Theory wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 9:34 am
Wow, I guess I need to wait one more month for my package...Face With Tears Of Joy
Hard to say, you can get it tomorrow or 2-3 month from now. Canada Post , eh ... Corporate communism as is ...

So far according to this thread a record time for delivery is around 6 months. Your package might beat this record Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)