Shopping Discussion

Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2023 2:57 pm
May 10, 2002
356 posts
175 upvotes
Vancouver
Received China Post registerd air mail, small item, ordered June 13th evening, received June 20, 7 days. Absolutely wild. I think the fastest I had prior to this was 7-8 days in mid summer as well, but it was ePacket.
Meanwhile waiting for 5+ items from March/April that are still nowhere to be seen.. ahh priorities.
VolodomirV33444 wrote: Has anyone gotten any untracked items?

I'm waiting for Dozens of things Ordered from January to May! Though even 1 item shipped to the USA hasn't shown up in 3 weeks yet
Wonder if non-tracked stuff is being filtered and dumped somewhere. Its definitely arriving here in Canada but then, who knows what happens after.
Mar 20, 2011
307 posts
219 upvotes
Langley, BC
thomas997 wrote: Received China Post registerd air mail, small item, ordered June 13th evening, received June 20, 7 days. Absolutely wild. I think the fastest I had prior to this was 7-8 days in mid summer as well, but it was ePacket.
Nice! I ordered an item sent ePacket from China that got shipped out today, so hopefully it comes just as fast!
Jul 6, 2017
150 posts
95 upvotes
Had 2 items shipped with China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus (a step below Registered Airmail). One took 19 days and the other took 21. Looks like the various China Post options are the best for small, low value items where ePacket or Aliexpress Standard Shipping aren't offered cheaply.

Also a note for anyone shopping on aliexpress: a lot of low value items now default to Yanwen or SunYou shipping. China Post OSPP is often the same price or less than $1 extra and is *always* worth it.
Dec 21, 2007
89 posts
34 upvotes
mississauga
parcelTracker wrote: Sorry. That was a false alarm. Called Canada Post today and agent says my package is still with Customs even though the app status says Custom has released the package June 18. So it's going more than a month now that it's held by Customs (since May 23).

The agent suggested to have the shipper open a trace if it's still stuck there two weeks later, so we can know what else may be holding it up at Customs. This is nuts.
That's suck to hear. I also have parcel from Japan that sent to Customs on Jun 16 but no release so far.
All my past parcels normally got release in a day or 2 at BC before.
Either CBSA changed some of their procedure or backlog at BC looks very bad now.
Mar 20, 2016
641 posts
672 upvotes
Vancouver
High speed epacket, 6 days from shipment to delivery (plus few days for seller to ship).
China post workers must work like crazy 7 days/week.
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Jun 17, 2017
45 posts
1 upvote
parcelTracker wrote: Sorry. That was a false alarm. Called Canada Post today and agent says my package is still with Customs even though the app status says Custom has released the package June 18. So it's going more than a month now that it's held by Customs (since May 23).

The agent suggested to have the shipper open a trace if it's still stuck there two weeks later, so we can know what else may be holding it up at Customs. This is nuts.
Package finally arrived today. They do release it but it just takes longer. And it wasnt easy not to worry when contents are pricey. Plus it's now summer so I expect more shipments going through for inspection like normal unlike post-xmas at winter when buyers recover from their holiday expenses and there's less shipments.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1029 posts
118 upvotes
I have a package that shipped from LA via USPS. Says International Letter on the site as it's a small item around 30 bucks. It went to Vancouver and the usps tracking says it departed Vancouver and is en route to its destination. That was 5 days ago....so uhhh (I live in Toronto).

Not sure what I'm waiting for. Or if it's stuck in customs....or what. I'm assuming there's just no tracking with my package on the CPOST side but still weird that it would take this long.
Jan 3, 2015
173 posts
141 upvotes
Delta, BC
Here are some recent shipping times

Ordered Arrived Days
29-Mar ------- 91+ Malaysia Post
31-Mar ------- 89+ Yanwen
11-May ------- 48+ ??
14-May ------- 45+ ??
20-May 29-May 9 speedpak
20-May 28-May 8 speedpak
21-May 05-Jun 15 China Post small packet untracked
23-May 18-Jun 26 Malaysia Post
19-Jun 25-Jun 6 speedpak (NEW RECORD!)
20-Jun ------- 8+ China Post registered
24-Jun ------- 4+ UBI?
Jun 27, 2017
85 posts
6 upvotes
Anyone has any suggestion on this matter? After all the wait all I got is this:

So I received a flexdelivery notification, I went to the post office to pick it up and the parcel freaking belonged to someone else. It was wrapped in a Sportschek bag, and look like a domestic parcel. I bought the thing from Japan, not Sportschek.

Then I talked to Canada Post, well, useless as always. wth is happening here...

Weird thing is according to the notification, the tracking number listed on the notification email is correct but the actual parcel is not.

Could my parcel got switched ? This unknown Jane Doe got my parcel and I got hers...

ーーー

Edit: Yup, whoever did receiving mixed up my parcel with someone else's! Ergh! Had me worried for hours. And customer service (phone) is useless and rude. Gonna file a complaint.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2873 posts
2273 upvotes
Took advantage of the Ebay $3 off promotion back on June 17. Received the package on the 28th. I'm shocked! It normally takes 2 months to receive these type of ebay orders from China. Even beat the earliest estimated arrival date of July 4th. Shocked!
Banned
May 21, 2018
45 posts
159 upvotes
Orillia
Slow and something worse is that how they handle it when we ask for help.
Surprise everywhere.
Dec 21, 2007
89 posts
34 upvotes
mississauga
zeonzaku wrote: That's suck to hear. I also have parcel from Japan that sent to Customs on Jun 16 but no release so far.
All my past parcels normally got release in a day or 2 at BC before.
Either CBSA changed some of their procedure or backlog at BC looks very bad now.
My Parcel got release at BC last night, so around 2 weeks wait time.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2018
1172 posts
759 upvotes
Got another package from aliexpress, bought on 18th June and got a CP email notification on 25th, and the tracking number starts with 400, it doesn't look like an international package to me.
Jul 6, 2017
150 posts
95 upvotes
Which shipping method did you choose? Some (but not all) "Aliexpress Standard Shipping" packages come via UBI Smart Parcel, who fly it to Canada and re-ship it as a domestic parcel.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1832 posts
1088 upvotes
DareTo wrote: Which shipping method did you choose? Some (but not all) "Aliexpress Standard Shipping" packages come via UBI Smart Parcel, who fly it to Canada and re-ship it as a domestic parcel.
I had parcel came approx 1 week with "aliexpress standard shipping" before too but it's like a gamble because you never know what kind of shipping method they use, sometime it's regular China airmail which can take more than a month.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
1364 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
My package from Tokyo came in yesterday on July 2nd. It shipped on June 21st so about two weeks with RSAL shipping, not bad
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1832 posts
1088 upvotes
Anyone with recent exerpience with singapore airmail from China? Purchased something on aliexpress, upgraded to epacket but seller sent by singapore airmail with tracking number start with "L". Not sure if it's still e-packet or if it's trackable through Canada Post (it's showing item not found now, probably not actually sent in China).... My past experience with Singapore airmail was that they can take more than 2 months but I can't remember the format of the tracking number... I think tracking number start with "L" are usually trackable?
Apr 14, 2019
8 posts
16 upvotes
jjesskaka wrote: Anyone with recent exerpience with singapore airmail from China? Purchased something on aliexpress, upgraded to epacket but seller sent by singapore airmail with tracking number start with "L". Not sure if it's still e-packet or if it's trackable through Canada Post (it's showing item not found now, probably not actually sent in China).... My past experience with Singapore airmail was that they can take more than 2 months but I can't remember the format of the tracking number... I think tracking number start with "L" are usually trackable?
Got SG Post on June 21, now stuck at CBSA since July 2nd
LB***SG number.
Jul 6, 2017
150 posts
95 upvotes
When did you order? It might take a while for the seller to ship and for the package to be re-processed in Singapore. Maybe try tracking it on the Singapore Post site as well.
Dec 16, 2015
23 posts
15 upvotes
Lower Woods Harbour,…
I haven't had any issues with Fasttech orders. I always choose CP instead of the free shipping though. The free shipping takes for freaking ever, but slap a buck fiffy down and it comes in 2 weeks, depending on the product and stock availability.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)