Shopping Discussion

Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 11:50 pm
Nov 28, 2017
1 posts
cleacy1972 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 3:10 pm
In regards to holiday season - That really starts Sept/Oct if you want to make sure something arrives prior to Christmas. Once you're into November, there's very good chance it won't arrive until January+.
I had international packages (from the US, Germany and Japan) that were processed by the customs and delivered to me by Canada Post during the months of September - early November 2017 without any delays in shipment/delivery. That's why I claimed that the lack of tracking information in this order is making me anxious, but thanks for the information.
Sep 21, 2015
236 posts
101 upvotes
London, ON
8 packages were delivered today, they'd all arrived at customs the week of October 15th.

Additionally, I had an 11/11 purchase move from customs to Canada Post today. It was shipped via AliExpress standard shipping (UBI smartparcel)

2017-11-29 08:34 Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing VANCOUVER
2017-11-22 10:00 Uplifted from Transshipment Hub HONG KONG
2017-11-22 00:30 Electronic information submitted by shipper RICHMOND
2017-11-21 00:18 On Vehicle to Transshipment Hub Shenzhen
2017-11-20 01:15 Security check successed
2017-11-19 01:15 Item despatched to Transshipment hub Shenzhen
2017-11-18 04:57 Processed at origin hub SHENZHEN
2017-11-17 23:59 Received shipment SHENZHEN
Nov 29, 2017
7 posts
I really need some one to help me with my several parcel from Japan, this is one of the parcel's tracking NO: CI076752535JP. the last movement for this pacel is on Richmond, already released by the customs at 10/28 and now it never moved since then. I am so stressful since canada post's service people told me that no one can get intouch with the distribute centre on Richmond and all they said was that I should call the sended to ask Japan post to ask for an investigate, but I already asked Japan post for investigate, I do not understand why the parcel is now in Canada but I need to ask Japan post. My christmas gift for my family are all in that parcel, I really need some one to tell me what to do before I can not bear it anymore and go to a lawyer for help.Astonished Face
May 10, 2017
203 posts
32 upvotes
@cleacy1972

I had similar experience in the beginnig of September, 2017. 9 packages from China(AE) (ordered from 25JUL to 18AUG) came at the same day (07SEP2017).

Right now I have 2 packages that came really fast.

One package (ordered: 11NOV2017) from China (AE) via UBI came yesterday(16-digit tracking #)*. Still 2 more UBI packages should come later, it looks like they're already in Canada but not scanned by CP/CBSA.

Another package (shipped: 5NOV2017) from AE via ePacket(LM***CN) came today. One more ePacket package (ordered: 11NOV2017) is on its way.

So far these two methods are fastest for the parcel from China (AE Stardard Shipping or Free Shipping)** but sometimes ePackets might take 5-6 weeks to be delivered.

*I've noticed that my UBI package had two tracking numbers. One is standard 16-digit number and another number was LP-14-digits. Usually many packages from China with such LP numbers came via Yanwen Logistics and stay much longer in border, waiting for processing from CP/CBSA.

** sometimes it's not standard and not free but look as it is.
Last edited by nixrfd on Nov 30th, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2017
17 posts
nixrfd wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 5:08 pm
@cleacy1972

I had similar experience in the beginnig of September, 2017. 9 packages from China(AE) (ordered from 25JUL to 18AUG) came at the same day (07SEP2017).

Right now I have 2 packages that came really fast.

One package (ordered: 11NOV2017) from China (AE) via UBI came yesterday(16-digit tracking #)*. Still 2 more UBI packages should come later, it looks like they're already in Canada but not scanned by CP/CBSA.

Another package (shipped: 5NOV2017) from AE via ePacket(LM***CN) came today. One more ePacket package (ordered: 11NOV2017) is on its way.

So far these two methods are fastest for the parcel from China (AE Stardard Shipping or Free Shipping)** but sometimes ePackets might take 5-6 weeks to be delivered.

*I've noticed that my UBI package had two tracking numbers. One is standard 16-digit number and another number was LP-14-digits. Usually many packages from China with such LP numbers came via Yanwen Logistics and stay much longer in border, waiting for processing from CP/CBSA.

** sometimes isn't not standard and not free but look as it is.
How can we know what type(ePacket,UBI,..) is our package? Ordered from china and I was given a 13digits tracking number (LM*9digits*CN ) that works with canada post, arrived canada on november 14 and no update since. Im still thinking about the possibility that canada post might have lost my package, even tho I called and they told me that its not lost and theres just delays due to huge amount of package because of the holidays.
May 10, 2017
203 posts
32 upvotes
Mrsold33 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 5:41 pm
How can we know what type(ePacket,UBI,..) is our package? Ordered from china and I was given a 13digits tracking number (LM*9digits*CN ) that works with canada post, arrived canada on november 14 and no update since. Im still thinking about the possibility that canada post might have lost my package, even tho I called and they told me that its not lost and theres just delays due to huge amount of package because of the holidays.
LM123456789CN - ePacket
1234567890123456 - UBI Smart Parcel

(LM*9digits*CN ) is ePacket, don't worry you will get it soon because usually this method of shipment is quite fast (2-4 weeks), but as I said before it may take longer.
Once I had ePacket that came after 5 weeks.

Check page #260 post #3892
Nov 23, 2017
17 posts
nixrfd wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 5:55 pm
LM123456789CN - ePacket
1234567890123456 - UBI Smart Parcel

(LM*9digits*CN ) is ePacket, don't worry you will get it soon because usually this method of shipment is quite fast (2-4 weeks), but as I said before it may take longer.
Once I had ePacket that came after 5 weeks.

Check page #260 post #3892
Do you mean 2-4weeks to get to you from china or 2-4weeks to make it to you once its in canada? Because mine left china around november 5 and then arrived canada (richmond-sent for further processing) on november 14 and there has been no update since then.
May 10, 2017
203 posts
32 upvotes
Yes, I meant from the order day and item gets shipped usually around 1-3 days. But right now it is very busy season because of November 11 and Black Friday and coming Christmas.
So for the last two years it's quite "normal" for CP to process their items in 2-4 weeks. Your package is still in this time-frame (5 + 28 = 3DEC2017 or 14+28 = 12DEC2017).

Don't forget you still can track this type of shipment (LM) as for example many so called "registered" packages starting with "R" are no longer visible for public.
Canada Post hides them.
Last edited by nixrfd on Nov 30th, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 23, 2017
17 posts
nixrfd wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 6:39 pm
Yes, I meant from the ordered day and item gets shipped usually around 1-3 days. But right now it is very busy season because of November 11 and Black Friday and coming Christmas.
So for the last two years it's quite "normal" for CP to process their items in 2-4 weeks. Your package is still in this time-frame (5 + 28 = 3DEC2017 or 14+28 = 12DEC2017).

Don't forget you still can track this type of shipment (LM) as for example many so called "registered" packages starting with "R" is not longer visible for public.
Canada Post hides them.
Thank you for the details :) I appreciate it. According to the website I ordered from, it "should" arrive by december 6 or earlier.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
5204 posts
1024 upvotes
BC
Time for my seasonal reminder about the tax exemption on mailing cards at a post office if your total international postage is at least $5.

Doesn't apply when you purchase stamps to take home, just when you buy stamps and have the post office mail them.

I have found just about every year that it is necessary to remind the clerk. Full post offices and franchised outlets - same applies.

They have to press the appropriate keys for the exemption and it is clearly not a routine procedure.

In their online survey I have recommended Canada Post add a prompt and an easier process for their clerks but never hear back from them. Hope the new CEO makes for a more responsive corporation.

For the western provinces we are only talking about the 5% GST but for HST provinces it is a more significant amount. Make sure you don't get charged when you shouldn't.

Here's the link: https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/det ... nformation
Nov 29, 2017
7 posts
nixrfd wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 6:39 pm
Yes, I meant from the ordered day and item gets shipped usually around 1-3 days. But right now it is very busy season because of November 11 and Black Friday and coming Christmas.

Don't forget you still can track this type of shipment (LM) as for example many so called "registered" packages starting with "R" is not longer visible for public.
Canada Post hides them.
I really need some one to help me with my several parcels from Japan, this is one of the parcel's tracking NO: CI076752535JP. the last movement for this pacel is on Richmond, already released by the customs at 10/28 and now it never moved since then. I am so stressful since canada post's service people told me that no one can get in touch with the distribute centre on Richmond and all they said was that I should call the sender to ask Japan post to ask for an investigate, but I already asked Japan post for investigate, I do not understand why the parcel is now in Canada but I need to ask Japan post. My christmas gift for my family are all in that parcel, I really need some one to tell me what to do before I can not bear it anymore and go to a lawyer for help.
Sorry for reply you directly, but I really did not know what to do and who I can go to ask......
Sep 21, 2015
236 posts
101 upvotes
London, ON
yuimikage wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:12 pm
I really need some one to help me with my several parcels from Japan, this is one of the parcel's tracking NO: CI076752535JP. the last movement for this pacel is on Richmond, already released by the customs at 10/28 and now it never moved since then. I am so stressful since canada post's service people told me that no one can get in touch with the distribute centre on Richmond and all they said was that I should call the sender to ask Japan post to ask for an investigate, but I already asked Japan post for investigate, I do not understand why the parcel is now in Canada but I need to ask Japan post. My christmas gift for my family are all in that parcel, I really need some one to tell me what to do before I can not bear it anymore and go to a lawyer for help.
Sorry for reply you directly, but I really did not know what to do and who I can go to ask......
Hate to say it, but looking at the last 3 entries in the tracking information:

2017/10/28 08:12 RICHMOND, BC Item processed
2017/10/28 08:12 RICHMOND, BC Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
2017/10/27 21:54 RICHMOND, BC Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

It would appear that the customs processing was completed, and the package was returned to Canada Post. Subsequent to them touching it (item processed), it would look like the items was misplaced. (It fell behind something, went into a bin that hasn't been touched again in the past month, etc). I would guess a search request before it's reported as lost needs to be initiated by the sender (not the recipient). They likely also have a 3month+ timeframe before they admit having lost it (With the expectation someone will find it in normal course of business during that timeframe).

Just a guess on my part btw, though likely accurate.
Nov 29, 2017
7 posts
I already ask the sender in Japan to open an investgate, I never lost a parcel since I used canada post's service for years....so it means the parcel is lost? The gifts in that parcel worth a lot, and there are not one , actually two parcels stunk in that place for 1 month.....should I find a lawyer to suit canada post for lost my staff?
Nov 29, 2017
7 posts
cleacy1972 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:41 pm
Hate to say it, but looking at the last 3 entries in the tracking information:

2017/10/28 08:12 RICHMOND, BC Item processed
2017/10/28 08:12 RICHMOND, BC Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
2017/10/27 21:54 RICHMOND, BC Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

It would appear that the customs processing was completed, and the package was returned to Canada Post. Subsequent to them touching it (item processed), it would look like the items was misplaced. (It fell behind something, went into a bin that hasn't been touched again in the past month, etc). I would guess a search request before it's reported as lost needs to be initiated by the sender (not the recipient). They likely also have a 3month+ timeframe before they admit having lost it (With the expectation someone will find it in normal course of business during that timeframe).

Just a guess on my part btw, though likely accurate.
I already ask the sender in Japan to open an investgate, I never lost a parcel since I used canada post's service for years....so it means the parcel is lost? The gifts in that parcel worth a lot, and there are not one , actually two parcels stunk in that place for 1 month.....should I find a lawyer to suit canada post for lost my staff?
Sep 21, 2015
236 posts
101 upvotes
London, ON
yuimikage wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:54 pm
should I find a lawyer to suit canada post for lost my staff?
I doubt that would have any effect, other then costing you lawyer fees. A lawyer however would be able to provide you with better information (keeping in mind you'd also be paying his/her fees). A better option might be to research what time duration is required before a postal carrier declares something as being lost: It's likely 3-6 (?) months (during which the postal service expects the package would 're-appear' and be delivered). If the item is in fact lost, It doesn't matter what it contained, the value on it was declared when it was shipped. It's not worth more then the pre-declared value.

Canada Post Corporation Act : 40 (1) Subject to this Act and the regulations, Her Majesty, the Minister and the Corporation are not liable to any person for any claim arising from the loss, delay or mishandling of anything posted.

The claim would go to the insurance provider (for the insured value). You can't sue Canada Post.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)