Shopping Discussion

Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2023 2:57 pm
Dec 16, 2015
23 posts
15 upvotes
Lower Woods Harbour,…
jjesskaka wrote: Anyone with recent exerpience with singapore airmail from China? Purchased something on aliexpress, upgraded to epacket but seller sent by singapore airmail with tracking number start with "L". Not sure if it's still e-packet or if it's trackable through Canada Post (it's showing item not found now, probably not actually sent in China).... My past experience with Singapore airmail was that they can take more than 2 months but I can't remember the format of the tracking number... I think tracking number start with "L" are usually trackable?
My last order through SP from China was mailed on May 1st and delivered on May 9th. They may have stepped up the fentanyl checks since then.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1832 posts
1088 upvotes
DareTo wrote: When did you order? It might take a while for the seller to ship and for the package to be re-processed in Singapore. Maybe try tracking it on the Singapore Post site as well.
Seller provided tracking number on Jul 3 but still showing "item not found" today. I guess some sellers provide a tracking number but didn't actually ship it. Hope it will arrive within reasonable time... afterall I did paid for the upgraded shipping.
ShishkaBerry wrote: My last order through SP from China was mailed on May 1st and delivered on May 9th. They may have stepped up the fentanyl checks since then.
That's amazingly fast from China/Singapore!! What is the format of the tracking number?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
1364 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
My second package from Tokyo RM...JP tracking number came in yesterday. Also shipped June 21st. Arrived in about two weeks, which is not bad.
I remember about a year ago it would take a full month. But now it seems to have returned to under 3 weeks.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24145 posts
43028 upvotes
ONTARIO
This is super annoying. Waiting on an order from South Korea. It just keeps processing over and over in Mississauga.
2019-07-04 03:02
MISSISSAUGA,ON, Item processed

2019-07-01 17:54

2019-06-30 21:40

2019-06-28 19:22
MISSISSAUGA,ON, Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

2019-06-18 14:31
KRSELB,South Korea, International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada

2019-06-17 14:09
12948,South Korea, International item mailed in originating country
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4486 posts
3419 upvotes
London
has aliexpress gone super scam seller lately or something. couple weeks ago i ordered 3 items from china 1 from ebay 2 from aliexpress. item 1 from aliexpress shipped via china post registered air mail seller marked it shipped 2 days after ordering and provided a tracking number several days go by with all it showing was waiting for pick up. contact seller he swears up and down its gone out. couple more days go by still no tracking so i contact him again and ask him to double check. then he says oh i double checked and it looks like customs told me they cant export this item makes no since to me why as its just an old sound card and has no batteries on it or anything that would cause and issue. so he says i have to open a dispute before he is able to refund but aliexpress wont let me open a dispute for another 3 days even though he cant ship the item.

second item from aliexpress this one from a dif seller shipped via epacket same day seller #1 shipped on again tracking shows nothing not even Electronic notification of shipment witch normally shows up right after the label is printed weather the package has been picked up or not but it don't even show this. i contacted the seller and he just gives me the run around saying it was shipped out already but if it was then there would be some tracking by now.

item 3 from ebay shipped same day as the other ones via e packet tracking works perfect on this one shows it left china 2 days after ordering it and that its on route to canada.

so 2 dif aliexpress sellers ship stuff seller one claims customs wont let him send it no idea why. seller 2 claims he sent it but the tracking number shows nothing not even that a label Electronically made.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4486 posts
3419 upvotes
London
aaron158 wrote: has aliexpress gone super scam seller lately or something. couple weeks ago i ordered 3 items from china 1 from ebay 2 from aliexpress. item 1 from aliexpress shipped via china post registered air mail seller marked it shipped 2 days after ordering and provided a tracking number several days go by with all it showing was waiting for pick up. contact seller he swears up and down its gone out. couple more days go by still no tracking so i contact him again and ask him to double check. then he says oh i double checked and it looks like customs told me they cant export this item makes no since to me why as its just an old sound card and has no batteries on it or anything that would cause and issue. so he says i have to open a dispute before he is able to refund but aliexpress wont let me open a dispute for another 3 days even though he cant ship the item.

second item from aliexpress this one from a dif seller shipped via epacket same day seller #1 shipped on again tracking shows nothing not even Electronic notification of shipment witch normally shows up right after the label is printed weather the package has been picked up or not but it don't even show this. i contacted the seller and he just gives me the run around saying it was shipped out already but if it was then there would be some tracking by now.

item 3 from ebay shipped same day as the other ones via e packet tracking works perfect on this one shows it left china 2 days after ordering it and that its on route to canada.

so 2 dif aliexpress sellers ship stuff seller one claims customs wont let him send it no idea why. seller 2 claims he sent it but the tracking number shows nothing not even that a label Electronically made.
so seller #2 after i sent a message saying if the tracking didnt update soon to show the package picked up id open a dispute. low and behold same night there's tracking scan showing the package being accepted. so the seller lied for several days saying it was already on its way when it wasn't.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4486 posts
3419 upvotes
London
anyone know witch shipping company a tracking number that starts like HKEUB they said Hong Kong post but don't seem to work
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1832 posts
1088 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: anyone know witch shipping company a tracking number that starts like HKEUB they said Hong Kong post but don't seem to work
EUB is e-packet, tracking should start with "L".
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4486 posts
3419 upvotes
London
jjesskaka wrote: EUB is e-packet, tracking should start with "L".
HKEUB0023839 that's the number they provided me
Jul 6, 2017
150 posts
95 upvotes
17track auto-identifies the format as DHL eCommerce but says it's invalid right now. If you just got it, give it a few days and then try it on the DHL eCommerce site, which should give you the real postal tracking number.
Jun 5, 2011
1 posts
TORONTO
I have a package coming from Philadelphia that has been sitting in Mississauga pending customs clearance since July 10. I’ve ordered tons of stuff from this online retailer in the past, the customs turn around is usually so quick, so this is unusual. I hope I get it soon. I’m leaving on holidays later this week and wanted to have the dress for the trip. Ugh!
Jul 22, 2017
257 posts
181 upvotes
Pingu in the city
Finally received my packages from LAOS post and Yanwen. LAOS took 27 days; Yanwen took 36 days. All arrived on same day.
Noot Noot!❗😄
Great coffee, better mind!
Aeropress | Hario V60 | French press | Vietnamese coffee filter | Kalita narrow-mouthed pot | %
Jun 24, 2004
243 posts
9 upvotes
YorkU, North York
How do I track RPXXXXXXXXCN number shipped by China Post Registered Air Mail on CP?
It says the latest on Ali tracking page: Shipped by air
2019-07-12 11:32:05 [GMT+8]

Still nothing on CP website... Do I call them or there is an app?
Jul 6, 2017
150 posts
95 upvotes
CP don't provide public tracking for registered airmail.
Jun 24, 2004
243 posts
9 upvotes
YorkU, North York
DareTo wrote: CP don't provide public tracking for registered airmail.
At all? How am I supposed to track it then?
Jul 6, 2017
150 posts
95 upvotes
There used to be some janky hack involving sideloading an old version of the CP Android app, which would give you push notifications but not on-demand tracking. I don't remember the details and it might not even work anymore.

CP track these packages internally, but they refuse to provide the info publicly in order to push you to use more expensive shipping methods (like ePacket) so they make more money. You should really just consider "registered airmail" from any country to be untrackable within Canada.
Jun 24, 2004
243 posts
9 upvotes
YorkU, North York
DareTo wrote: There used to be some janky hack involving sideloading an old version of the CP Android app, which would give you push notifications but not on-demand tracking. I don't remember the details and it might not even work anymore.

CP track these packages internally, but they refuse to provide the info publicly in order to push you to use more expensive shipping methods (like ePacket) so they make more money. You should really just consider "registered airmail" from any country to be untrackable within Canada.
Wow, I had no idea it's that bad. Makes me hate CP even more...
Do you know if China post airmail will display any tracking info like "Arrived at destination country" via Ali-express dashboard at least? or it's usually "lost" after "Departed country of origin" status? (so that you at least know if it has reached the Canadian "border"?)
Jul 6, 2017
150 posts
95 upvotes
The tracking within China is usually pretty inconsistent too, but I don't think I've ever seen an "arrived in destination country" notice. It usually stops after reaching the airport in China.

For reference, China Post (both registered and untracked) usually takes about 3 weeks to reach me in Etobicoke so it should be similar for you.
Jun 24, 2004
243 posts
9 upvotes
YorkU, North York
DareTo wrote: The tracking within China is usually pretty inconsistent too, but I don't think I've ever seen an "arrived in destination country" notice. It usually stops after reaching the airport in China.

For reference, China Post (both registered and untracked) usually takes about 3 weeks to reach me in Etobicoke so it should be similar for you.
I see, mine has been sitting at Departed country of origin aka handed over to the airline, since the 12th of July. Unless there is a stopgap somewhere, it should be in Canada already, I guess...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)