Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 11:50 pm
May 10, 2017
203 posts
33 upvotes
yuimikage wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 10:53 pm
I already ask the sender in Japan to open an investgate, I never lost a parcel since I used canada post's service for years....so it means the parcel is lost? The gifts in that parcel worth a lot, and there are not one , actually two parcels stunk in that place for 1 month.....should I find a lawyer to suit canada post for lost my staff?
No, your parcel is not lost yet. But CP can send it back to Japan or to its lost-and-may-be-never-found warehouse in Scarboro (ON), depends on shipping method. So keep bugging CP and ask your seller from Japan to start the investigation ( I guess seller can do this from Canada Post website), you just have to give the seller the proper link.

Yes, your package is in Canada "28.10.2017 08:12 Sorting Richmond Bc". In a good case scenario you may get it next week or so, but it could be worse - 2-4 months or more.

It's a CP crystal ball.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Last edited by nixrfd on Nov 30th, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 29, 2017
7 posts
cleacy1972 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 11:26 pm
I doubt that would have any effect, other then costing you lawyer fees. A lawyer however would be able to provide you with better information (keeping in mind you'd also be paying his/her fees). A better option might be to research what time duration is required before a postal carrier declares something as being lost: It's likely 6 months (during which the postal service expects the package would 're-appear' and be delivered). If the item is in fact lost, It doesn't matter what it contained, the value on it was declared when it was shipped. It's not worth more then the pre-declared value.

Canada Post Corporation Act : 40 (1) Subject to this Act and the regulations, Her Majesty, the Minister and the Corporation are not liable to any person for any claim arising from the loss, delay or mishandling of anything posted.

The claim would go to the insurance provider (for the insured value). You can't sue Canada Post.
Thank you so much for your advice, in fact I never lost a parcel, I experienced 2 months delivery before, but this is so stressful that know the package was somewhere and no one did nothing for that. And no one told you what to do but just crap. And you know you can do nothing. Seriously, is there anything that anyone can do to improve this situation?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3604 posts
622 upvotes
Alberta
I wonder if my package is stuck at customs. Ordered an item for $15 off eBay shipped from the UK by Royal Mail and it's been about 46 days already and still hasn't arrived. The tracking number doesn't work. :(
Nov 4, 2011
236 posts
153 upvotes
YYZ
thecrozz wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:02 pm
Is this normal? Waiting for a parcel to be released since Friday?
2017/11/24 09:46 MONTREAL, QC Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review.

2017/11/24 09:12 VILLE ST-LAURENT, QC Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.

2017/11/21 20:59 USORDA, USA International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
My item from USORDA left on the 20th, it arrived to the CBSA on Nov 22nd and was released back to Canada Post on Nov 29th. Unfortunately it hasn't moved since then, but I think Canada Post is really struggling with holiday volumes. None of my Canada Post packages are arriving on time, even from within Canada.
May 10, 2017
203 posts
33 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 11:46 pm
... The tracking number doesn't work. :(
It may work on different web-sites, sort of. At least you would know when parcel left the "original" country. And in most cases it would mean that parcel/packet arrives in Canada in 1-3 days. But 46 days from UK is quite some time, really. At least it used to be that most parcels from UK Royal Mail come as fast as domestic packages. But as long as that puppet (Di-Chi) was hired to privatize CP all normal operations derailed.
Last edited by nixrfd on Nov 30th, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2006
2692 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
My recent e-packets have been arriving between 30-35 days.

I don't mind waiting a month or 2 for a package as long as I know where it is. Since they disabled tracking on international registered mail I have no idea where my packages are once they leave the originating country.

Think about this hypothetical for a minute. If Canada Post can process 80% of the incoming registered mail then there would be a continuously growing 20% backlog of mail every month. That doesn't seem to be the case since delivery times have remained at 2-3 months for the last few years. That leads me to believe that they are processing the packages at 100% with a 2-3 month buffer. So in theory that buffering could be reduced to 1 month or even weeks if they wanted to?
Nov 29, 2017
7 posts
nixrfd wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 11:41 pm
No, your parcel is not lost yet. But CP can send it back to Japan or to their lost-and-may-be-never-found warehouse in Scarboro (ON), depends on shipping method. So keep bugging CP and ask your seller from Japan to start the investigation ( I guess seller can do this from Canada Post website), you just have to give the seller the proper link.

Yes, your package is in Canada "28.10.2017 08:12 Sorting Richmond Bc". In a good case scenario you may get it next week or so, but it could be worse - 2-4 months or more.

It's a CP crystal ball.Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thank you so much for your advice, I am just so worried about my staff and can not bearly to sleep because no one told me what to do...I will ask my sender in Japan kept tracking the investigate and call CP frequently. I never lost a parcel since I started to use CP for years, it is just so stressful and know where your item was and can not do nothing.
May 10, 2017
203 posts
33 upvotes
Hello- wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 1:10 am
So in theory that buffering could be reduced to 1 month or even weeks if they wanted to?
Yes, in theory ... but they would not hire more temporary workers or CBSA agents to speed up the process at peak times. They would rather go with the buffering util it's too much. But how much is too much? Well, time will tell ...

@yuimikage

No worries, just read this thread (look at one year or 6 months old posts from this thread) and develop your strategy how to fight this "monster". Lawyers, media or MPs will not get you far, they are the parts of this system that mostly work for the system.
Oct 23, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
For reference, I placed an order on 24th of Nov
2017/12/01 02:47 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item processed: The item has arrived at the destination facility for final sorting before delivery. Look for an "Out for Delivery" scan today or tomorrow to know when delivery will occur. You can also sign up for email notifications.
2017/11/30 17:31 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item processed
2017/11/30 09:07 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
2017/11/28 12:20 JPTYOK, Japan International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
2017/11/26 13:59 3500399, Japan International item mailed in originating country

Mind you it's an under $20 CAD DVD from Japan, package arrived in the morning at the customs and released late in the afternoon. Now the expected delivery date by CP is next monday, let's see how promising that is.

Update:
2017/12/01 07:35 MISSISSAUGA, ON Delivered to your community mailbox, parcel locker or apt./condo mailbox
2017/12/01 04:54 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item out for delivery

*Overnight delivery*
Nov 29, 2017
7 posts
nixrfd wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 1:57 am
Yes, in theory ... but they would not hire more temporary workers or CBSA agents to speed up the process at peak times. They would rather go with the buffering util it's too much. But how much is too much? Well, time will tell ...

@yuimikage

No worries, just read this thread (look at one year or 6 months old posts from this thread) and develop your strategy how to fight this "monster". Lawyers, media or MPs will not get you far, they are the parts of this system that mostly work for the system.
I just do not understand, my address and contact information are all correct, why they will send it to a place that kept lost items? Or send it back to Japan? I did not even to have a chance to sign it....and I do not understand why they won't give us the contact information of that distribute centre in Richmond, we all know which centre it is...but they won't let us contact them...that is so weired. I left the same message on the centre's facebook account and someone reply me the same problem she got. I can see from her message that she is totally pissed off...I can understand why she is so angry because I am angry too.
Sep 21, 2015
236 posts
101 upvotes
London, ON
yuimikage wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:13 pm
I just do not understand, my address and contact information are all correct, why they will send it to a place that kept lost items? Or send it back to Japan? I did not even to have a chance to sign it....and I do not understand why they won't give us the contact information of that distribute centre in Richmond, we all know which centre it is...but they won't let us contact them...that is so weired. I left the same message on the centre's facebook account and someone reply me the same problem she got. I can see from her message that she is totally pissed off...I can understand why she is so angry because I am angry too.
http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Ca ... story.html

That linked story also has a video of what the interior of the plant looks like. There's no feasible way to search for an individual item, especially if it was misplaced. It either shows up during normal course of operations, or it's eventually reported lost.

No-one inside the plant itself can assist you, so speaking with them only takes time from their work day = There isn't a public contact number for the location.

I would hope that the item does eventually arrive, but in the meantime there's not really anything you can do personally to accelerate it.
Oct 7, 2008
13 posts
2 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 11:46 pm
I wonder if my package is stuck at customs. Ordered an item for $15 off eBay shipped from the UK by Royal Mail and it's been about 46 days already and still hasn't arrived. The tracking number doesn't work. :(
I ordered something from the UK that was shipped October 4 from the UK that just arrived yesterday (Alberta). You should hopefully have it soon. Mine didn't have tracking unfortunately to let you know how long each segment was.
May 10, 2017
203 posts
33 upvotes
yuimikage wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 12:13 pm
It could be many different reasons (read this thread and you will see) but in most cases it's a simple human error. And it happened to me as well although I got the "last" call from CP office to pick up the package even though there were no any delivery attempts or any notifications left. It's up to CP if they want to send it back to sender or place it to its lost item warehouse.

Even though I received almost all of my packages for the last 12 months, still 3 or 4 shipments were lost but I got refunds. I had one parcel that came after 5.5 months but this is not a record, someone in this thread waited more than 6 months. I had 22 disputes (in the begging of this year) on Aliexpress, EBay and Amazon.ca, most of them were refunded but packages came later in 3-4 months.

I wonder how severe it would be with delayed and temporary lost packages this year. It would be probably worse than the year ago.
Dec 1, 2017
4 posts
I have a package coming from Belgium with an "RF" tracking number... this is registered mail.. a friend who is a CS rep at CPost said anything registered expect a huge delay... what pisses me off is I paid 65 euro or about $90 cdn shipping (I had no option to go cheaper)... I told them specifically to use a courier (ie fedex, dhl) to send it, and they send it postal service... the package said it left Belgium on the 17th of Nov, and that is the last track on it.... so I have no idea where it is.. tracks on bpost website , but nothing tracks on Canada... I ordered a bike part off ebay that came from the ukraine, it took 2 months to get here, and never once had tracking info on CP website.. just pisses me off with the price you waste on shipping costs these days for nothing... Ive ordered bike parts from Germany regular mail and had them in 3 days... (ordered in same time frame)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)