Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2023 2:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6789 posts
2499 upvotes
YEG
So far, I've had 0/8 packages shipped by SunYou economic mail show up even though tracking says "accepted by last mile carrier". Anyone have better luck? I actually need my TCRT5000s...
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4486 posts
3419 upvotes
London
DareTo wrote: 17track auto-identifies the format as DHL eCommerce but says it's invalid right now. If you just got it, give it a few days and then try it on the DHL eCommerce site, which should give you the real postal tracking number.
after a couple days went by they provided me a dif tracking number LK459005560HK item seem to get to Canada in record time only 2 days from pick up in hong kong to getting to MISSISSAUGA never seen a package get to Canada that fast before. however now it seems customs is holding the package. normally packages shipped e-packet that I've ordered are in and out of customs in an hour at worst a few hours. this one got to customs Thursday morning said it was sent for review and then again later on Thursday it went to review a second time never seen that happen before now its just sitting there in customs. not really sure why this package would even require extra review its just a very old amd athlon 64 cpu.

hopefully they don't sit on it to long
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5068 posts
3305 upvotes
Yeesh, in the 6 month territory on Aliexpress items this year for free shipping (paid is like 1-2 weeks). Always felt bad refunding/disputing in the past since I knew it was a Canadian customs problem rather than on their end.
Feb 1, 2014
10 posts
12 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: after a couple days went by they provided me a dif tracking number LK459005560HK item seem to get to Canada in record time only 2 days from pick up in hong kong to getting to MISSISSAUGA never seen a package get to Canada that fast before. however now it seems customs is holding the package. normally packages shipped e-packet that I've ordered are in and out of customs in an hour at worst a few hours. this one got to customs Thursday morning said it was sent for review and then again later on Thursday it went to review a second time never seen that happen before now its just sitting there in customs. not really sure why this package would even require extra review its just a very old amd athlon 64 cpu.

hopefully they don't sit on it to long
My package is in the same situation...It arrived in Mississauga on Thursday and has been stuck there since then. I have customer waiting for this package for her wedding on Wednesday...It is totally unacceptable...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4486 posts
3419 upvotes
London
3amoor wrote: My package is in the same situation...It arrived in Mississauga on Thursday and has been stuck there since then. I have customer waiting for this package for her wedding on Wednesday...It is totally unacceptable...
ya the package is still sitting there oddly enough another package one coming from china went in to Mississauga on sat and was released Sunday. yet the hong kong one is still sitting there since Thursday.
Feb 1, 2014
10 posts
12 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: ya the package is still sitting there oddly enough another package one coming from china went in to Mississauga on sat and was released Sunday. yet the hong kong one is still sitting there since Thursday.
Well I had three other packages that I ordered a week after from the same supplier, all arrived Friday and one is arriving today...and yet the most critical one for me is sitting there doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4486 posts
3419 upvotes
London
3amoor wrote: Well I had three other packages that I ordered a week after from the same supplier, all arrived Friday and one is arriving today...and yet the most critical one for me is sitting there doing nothing.
def seems odd. they must be stepping up checks on packages from Asia or something one the came last week from china went though Vancouver and didn't even have a scan saying customs reviewed the package just that it went right though. yet 2 packages in a row go in the customs this week and get a review by customs the one that went though on sat was only a $2 item so i guess there wasn't much they could do to that. the one there holding on to is $40 so my guess is there taxing it but idk.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
1364 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
got hit with the "item has been presented to canada border services agency for customs review" for an acne product shipped from hong kong.
tracking number is LZ......HK format.
Shipped surprisingly fast, it left Hong Kong on July 18th and arrived in my province today.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4486 posts
3419 upvotes
London
willy156 wrote: got hit with the "item has been presented to canada border services agency for customs review" for an acne product shipped from hong kong.
tracking number is LZ......HK format.
Shipped surprisingly fast, it left Hong Kong on July 18th and arrived in my province today.
ya mine was crazy fast to shipped 15th got to Canada 18th now still sitting in customs. mines an old amd cpu nothing that would raise any red flags. not sure why mine was presented to customs twice either guessing that's means there going to tax it but idk.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
1364 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
aaron158 wrote: ya mine was crazy fast to shipped 15th got to Canada 18th now still sitting in customs. mines an old amd cpu nothing that would raise any red flags. not sure why mine was presented to customs twice either guessing that's means there going to tax it but idk.
Lol I hope we don't get hit by duties. My acne thing is only roughly $35 CAD and I swear if my duties end up being more than the product itself..
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4486 posts
3419 upvotes
London
willy156 wrote: Lol I hope we don't get hit by duties. My acne thing is only roughly $35 CAD and I swear if my duties end up being more than the product itself..
mine cleared customs this afternoon so should be here by Friday so guess ill find out. the one from china that was in there for 24 hours on the weekend showed up today no customs on it but it was only a $2 item don't look like they opened it either.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4486 posts
3419 upvotes
London
willy156 wrote: Lol I hope we don't get hit by duties. My acne thing is only roughly $35 CAD and I swear if my duties end up being more than the product itself..
my package showed up today. they didn't open it or tax it so no idea why they sat on it for 5 days. apparently the store from hong kong declared it $3 usd even though i paid $48 i didn't ask them to do that.
Last edited by aaron158 on Jul 24th, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 25, 2005
380 posts
107 upvotes
Orangeconnex tracking AKA Speedpak

Got my first Ebay shipment from Speedpak standard.

As others have reported it was delivered in a reasonable time, just over 1 week.
Tracking on the orangeconnex website was end to end though the details when it got to canada post were very generic.

They are using CALS logistics company to clear customs and then relabel the package with a Canada post label and a new canada post tracking number covering up the original shipping label.
This tracking number is NOT displayed on orangeconnex website, not on ebay and they do not use their own tracking number as a reference number with Canada post so you cannot have Canada post look up your package based on the orangeconnex number. It's a bit annoying to know the data is there they simply didn't bother to implement it properly so you could track it on canada post. Not sure if this was incompetence or on purpose.

Any and all problems have to be dealt with through orangeconnex and likely only the sender can ultimately make a claim with them (Not a big deal, that's always how shipping works. The sender is their customer, not the receiver and that is the party who has the insurance coverage and can make claims)

Because all the canada post events still get copied to orangeconnex, you only loose visibility on the details of the intermediate canada post tracking. So you do not see the name of the depot where that scan was done, you only see the generic description on orangeconnex "ITEM PROCESSED" on every intermediate step instead of "Item processed Edmonton, AB" or "Item out for delivery Edmonton, AB"
so you can see movement just no details of where and what kind of event until the final delivered event which is different.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1487 posts
700 upvotes
Toronto
I have a package coming from China. Shows it cleared customs, processed by CP and then in transit. No scan since the 19th in Mississauga. No issues until it reaches CP hands. Now I don’t know what to do...
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
1364 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
aaron158 wrote: my package showed up today. they didn't open it or tax it so no idea why they sat on it for 5 days. apparently the store from hong kong declared it $3 usd even though i paid $48 i didn't ask them to do that.
Good to know. I got an update today at 10 am saying the custom clearance has cleared, going to find out if I'll get dinged or not
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
1364 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
Package came in today. No duties, thank god.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1487 posts
700 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know the chances I will get my item? Been showing in transit in Mississauga since July 19th. Scheduled delivery was this past week in the GTA. Item is from China. Or should I consider it lost?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6789 posts
2499 upvotes
YEG
If the shipping method is SunYou economic mail, it's lost. Other methods will take up to another week or 2.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Mar 20, 2016
641 posts
672 upvotes
Vancouver
If its SunYou there won't be internal tracking within canada no? Would be UBI/epacket or something similar. May consider checking local post office, etc.

Recent ePacket took ~20 days, but went through customs so they probably didn't like the magnets: LL529948xxxCN
rf134a wrote: So far, I've had 0/8 packages shipped by SunYou economic mail show up even though tracking says "accepted by last mile carrier". Anyone have better luck? I actually need my TCRT5000s...
I'm slowly getting some orders but its taking many months, some are 4month+. Maybe re-order with epacket/china post/digikey if you need it.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21127 posts
9784 upvotes
Toronto
Really a hit and miss. Some parcels arrive 3-4 weeks other take 2-3 months. Our system is such a joke.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)