• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 11:41 am
Sep 21, 2015
236 posts
101 upvotes
London, ON
Slarkey wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 6:51 pm
Hi all, was wondering if I could get some advice on a package of Chinese tea that is taking forever to get to Vancouver Island.

2017/11/15 08:42 RICHMOND, BC Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
2017/11/07 18:53 CNXMND, China International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
2017/11/07 18:21 361000, China International item mailed in originating country

It's been sitting in Richmond for almost 3 weeks, and on the tracking page the green bar is between "In Transit" and "Delivered". I'm assuming it's been snagged at customs.

I've never had a package not arrive before, what's the procedure for something like this? Contact the seller and let them know the situation? Starting to get frustrating :(
I'd suggest reading the past page or so of messages in the thread: Or even the message immediately prior to yours :)
Dec 3, 2017
3 posts
cleacy1972 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:03 pm
I'd suggest reading the past page or so of messages in the thread: Or even the message immediately prior to yours :)
Thanks for the reply. I understand that the mail can get bogged down around this time of year, I'm just wondering if there's anything I should be doing to protect myself? What's if it's lost instead of being in customs, is there a time frame when I should start getting worried or need to ask for a refund?
May 10, 2017
204 posts
33 upvotes
Slarkey wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 10:32 pm
Thanks for the reply. I understand that the mail can get bogged down around this time of year, I'm just wondering if there's anything I should be doing to protect myself? What's if it's lost instead of being in customs, is there a time frame when I should start getting worried or need to ask for a refund?
Was it EBay, Aliexpress, Amazon or other Chinese web-stores? How was your payment processed - through credit card or PayPal or by other means? Do you want to leave feedback for this purchase (for example on Ebay you can't leave feedback after 45 days, well, maybe they changed it already)?

Time frame depends on many different things and you don't tell much of your shipping details. You start to worry after 30-40 days from the purchase date , then you have to try to contact seller and ask for refund if shipping time exceeds certain amount of time (depends on the stores and shipping deadlines ... it could be 45, 60 or more days). Obviously you have tracking number and most likely if you open dispute or ask for refund you would have to wait probably 2-3 months until seller tries to work things out finding your package or returning your money or until dispute team proceeds with refund.

Not to mention that you always have to act in good faith without accusing seller of any wrongdoing or implying anything that might sound as feedback blackmail. It could cost you and your words can be easily turned against you (especially on EBay).
Last edited by nixrfd on Dec 5th, 2017 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2017
0 posts
I have ordered few items from wish but a certain item was not delivered and was being hold at Richmond facilities, it’s been there since November 14, 2 other items I ordered later were delivered and only this particular order was not delivered, can you please reply to my inquiry, it’s a tablet with keyboard
Sep 21, 2015
236 posts
101 upvotes
London, ON
Rasec55 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 4:55 am
I have ordered few items from wish but a certain item was not delivered and was being hold at Richmond facilities, it’s been there since November 14, 2 other items I ordered later were delivered and only this particular order was not delivered, can you please reply to my inquiry, it’s a tablet with keyboard
I'd suggest reading the past page or so of messages in this thread. They're all from people asking identical questions.
May 10, 2017
204 posts
33 upvotes
Rasec55 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 4:55 am
Your package may be stuck in CPC/CBSA premises for several months. In good case scenario it takes 2-4 weeks for them to process your package. In bad case it's up to 6 months (6 months is a record based on visitor feedback from this thread). Always ask seller to start investigation before the shipping deadline. Open dispute if it reaches your shipping deadline and ask for refund, check the timeframe for shipping deadline with your seller or web retail platform.

If you have time then you can also periodically visit your Canada Post office providing your tracking number and asking them where your item is. You can also ask Canada Post clerk to check invisible "registered" tracking numbers, they can do it, just insist. If they have hundred angry customers visiting every given office every day and asking same questions again and again it may push them a little bit. Well, it's probably not a viable solution but who knows.

You can also call your lawyers and try to initiate class action lawsuit. Contact your MP and ask him/her what are they doing up there (they are aware of this problem for the last 2 years at least)? Contact media (e.g. CTV News, Consumer Protection investigations) in hope it can help a bit to push the "monster". Visit Canada Post Facebook and leave angry messages or raise concerns on other related websites. And so on ...

P.S. Call or email Deepak Chopra and ask if he can quit before March 31, 2018. :twisted:

This thread needs periodically updated FAQ.Smiling Face With Open Mouth (page 288 post 4311)
Jun 26, 2017
25 posts
1 upvote
rockinbrowneyedgirl wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 1:07 pm
I got my Korean package today. It was shipped out Nov. 1. Got here faster than I thought it would. Only took 10 business days.

Another one gets shipped out early next week...hoping it's just as fast.
2nd one got here in 11 business days.
Nov 23, 2017
19 posts
1 upvote
Slarkey wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 6:51 pm
Hi all, was wondering if I could get some advice on a package of Chinese tea that is taking forever to get to Vancouver Island.

2017/11/15 08:42 RICHMOND, BC Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
2017/11/07 18:53 CNXMND, China International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
2017/11/07 18:21 361000, China International item mailed in originating country

It's been sitting in Richmond for almost 3 weeks, and on the tracking page the green bar is between "In Transit" and "Delivered". I'm assuming it's been snagged at customs.

I've never had a package not arrive before, what's the procedure for something like this? Contact the seller and let them know the situation? Starting to get frustrating :(
I am in the same exact situation as you. Been on that sent for further processing like you in richmond since november 14. Never had such long delays. I guess this might be the problem: https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/ ... nt|kp|1108

According to the website I ordered from it should have arrive today or before that. Considering its obviously not gonna happen I will ask for a refund (my order was shipped from china)
Feb 4, 2011
4 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
Considering I have a package that was supposed to be delivered on the 5th and it has been stuck in Montreal since the 2nd of December with no update, I suspect I will either get it next week or never receive it (not likely). Someone else in my house was suppose to receive a package on November 30 and only received it on the 4th of December. I am sure that this is due to black Friday and cyber Monday, Canada post is swamped and my package is in a bin along with others waiting to be processed or still in a truck outside waiting for room inside to process it.
And this was a Canadian order too! Anyone else have packages stuck in Montreal?
May 10, 2017
204 posts
33 upvotes
Korin25 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 6:08 am
Considering I have a package that was supposed to be delivered on the 5th and it has been stuck in Montreal since the 2nd of December with no update, I suspect I will either get it next week or never receive it (not likely). Someone else in my house was suppose to receive a package on November 30 and only received it on the 4th of December. I am sure that this is due to black Friday and cyber Monday, Canada post is swamped and my package is in a bin along with others waiting to be processed or still in a truck outside waiting for room inside to process it.
And this was a Canadian order too! Anyone else have packages stuck in Montreal?
It may be stuck anywhere in Canada - Montreal, Vancouver or Toronto.

Delays are "normal" for CPC these days. There is a possibility that your package may end up in the wrong container and they can send it by mistake to Vancouver. And it could take several months until they find it.

Several days for processing could be considered as fast, even week or two. But of course delays most likely happen with international shipping and Canadian orders get processed very fast usually. Still, no guarantee.
Sep 21, 2015
236 posts
101 upvotes
London, ON
Three packages delivered today, all with the same shipping methods (China Post Registered Air Mail). They were purchased Oct 17, Oct 19, and Nov 11.

Longest timeframe of the 3 was 52 days, shortest was 27 days.

At time of purchase, they all had indicated expected timeframes to delivery in Canada of 45-60 days.

Getting from China to Canada doesn't take long. Arrival to delivery though takes forever.
Aug 30, 2011
844 posts
111 upvotes
Edmonton
Package from South Korea shipped on November 20, still not here.

Package from Japan shipped on November 5, still not here.

WTF is wrong? It never takes this long for EMS packages.
Nov 23, 2017
19 posts
1 upvote
My package that "arrived canada and was sent for further processing" in richmond on november 14 has still no update :( its been almost 4 weeks now, and 19 business days...
Dec 8, 2017
1 posts
I had 2 packages that arrived in Canada at the exact same time on Dec 3, 9:18am. Both came from the US. One package cleared customs in 2 minutes and the other has been stuck for 6 days now. I am moving in a few weeks and im hoping that I get my package before that. Anyone know what happened?

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)