Mail Processing at Canada Customs SLOW?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2023 2:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7827 posts
9141 upvotes
Vancouver
jpwkr1 wrote: If its SunYou there won't be internal tracking within canada no? Would be UBI/epacket or something similar. May consider checking local post office, etc.

Recent ePacket took ~20 days, but went through customs so they probably didn't like the magnets: LL529948xxxCN

I'm slowly getting some orders but its taking many months, some are 4month+. Maybe re-order with epacket/china post/digikey if you need it.
SunYou seems fine here. Might be a problem with Canada Post because all inbound packages arrive at PPC before going to other provinces.

July 6: Order placed
July 9: Shipment dispatched via SunYou
July 15: Shipment arrived in Malaysia (transit country)
July 16: Shipment departed Malaysia
July 22: Accepted by last mile carrier
July 26: Item delivered

Item is $4 Wi-Fi card.
Mar 8, 2013
597 posts
2357 upvotes
Toronto
I have yet to receive any packages shipped via SunYou / Malaysia Post. I'm 0/3 this year with that carrier.

I've received everything else shipped via China Post "Small Packet by Air" , Yanwen ( they used Post11), and PostNord. These were shipped around the same time as the missing SunYou packages.

All the tracking numbers start with "SYBAD" followed by 8 digits.

Most recent one:
Jun 24, 2004
243 posts
9 upvotes
YorkU, North York
Anyone had a problem when Aliexpress China Post registered mail small pack landed in Toronto and then went back to China?!

July 29 10:10 In transit - Arrived at the waypoint
Beijing Air China
July 26 12:16 In transit - Departed waypoint
Toronto
July 15 22:48 Imported to the country of destination
Aliexpress Standard Shipping
July 12 11:32 In transit - Departed waypoint
Aliexpress Standard Shipping
July 12 10:32 In transit - Arrived at the waypoint
Guangzhou Exchange Station

Did those[...] at CBSA send it back?!
Oh I'm so pissed now!
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 30th, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bypassing swear filter
Jul 6, 2017
150 posts
95 upvotes
Are you sure that's China Post? Registered airmail & small packet never have tracking in Canada. Aliexpress' built-in tracking is also pretty bad. Try the tracking number on 17track.
Jun 24, 2004
243 posts
9 upvotes
YorkU, North York
DareTo wrote: Are you sure that's China Post? Registered airmail & small packet never have tracking in Canada. Aliexpress' built-in tracking is also pretty bad. Try the tracking number on 17track.
Yes it's RPXXXXxxxxCN number. I've tried various tracking sites, including 17 track:
2019-07-29 17:47
Beijing, delivered to air transport
2019-07-29 10:10
Beijing, arriving at Air China (via transfer)
2019-07-26 12:16
Toronto, Toronto has exported direct seal
2019-07-15 22:48
Toronto, reached the place of arrival
the original looks like this:
2019-07-29 17:47
北京市, 已交航空公司运输
2019-07-29 10:10
北京市, 到达【北京国航】(经转)
2019-07-26 12:16
多伦多, 【多伦多】已出口直封
2019-07-15 22:48
多伦多, 已到达寄达地
Seems like it landed in Toronto on the 15th, then it stayed here till 26th, and then it went back to Beijing (originated in Dongguan, so I have no clue where it's moving now to, I assume back to the sender but who knows?).
I contacted the seller, and he asked if the address on file was correct and it was. So either it's an epic mess up on China post's part, or those [...] at CBSA opened it and sent it back for no reason at all (small package with a few sticky seals for envelopes, nothing major, costs 2 dollars really). Something tells me it's CBSA or Canada post as usual, because if there is a problem it's usually them...
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 30th, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported/don't bypass swear filter
Jul 6, 2017
150 posts
95 upvotes
Weird. That definitely does look like a return, so it is probably heading back to the sender. You should get them to contact China Post and find out what happened.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1727 posts
155 upvotes
I'm 0/2 packages shipped via SunYou now. Ordered both in April and still nothing and one of the sellers has repeatedly increased the buyer protection until September. Pretty sure neither are coming so I'll try opening a dispute soon.

Has anyone shipped anything via 4px Singapore Post before? How have they been lately?
Jul 6, 2017
150 posts
95 upvotes
mochachicka wrote: Has anyone shipped anything via 4px Singapore Post before? How have they been lately?
If you mean "4PX Singapore Post OM Pro" I used it about a year ago and the package was reshipped untracked via Brunei (not Singapore) and took 5-6 weeks. Not great, but it arrived.
Dec 18, 2011
6 posts
6 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Has anyone received any package shipped directly from China to Canada via Yanwen in the last 6 months?

I buy cheap electronics components from aliexpress and even though Yanwen tends to be slow most items do arrive eventually in the past. This years it is different though. I have received items shipped via ePacket, China Post, Singapore Post, Malaysia Post, Post11 from Estonia, etc, but NOT a single item shipped via Yanwen has arrived in the last 6 months (that's 10 lost items.)

I've learned my lesson so now I pay a bit more for shipping via China Post for my low cost items. Still I wonder what happened to all those items that failed to arrived. Are they in some Canada Post/Custom warehouse? Have they ever been shipped? Have the items been returned to China?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8668 posts
10272 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Got something yesterday from China that shipped China Post. Picked up June 18th left the country the same day.
Jul 22, 2017
257 posts
181 upvotes
Pingu in the city
crusherjoe2000 wrote: Has anyone received any package shipped directly from China to Canada via Yanwen in the last 6 months?
I did received my package via Yanwen. It had POST11 label on top of the original China post package label and took more than a month to arrive.
The tracking code on package is the second tracking code in red circle on yanwen's tracking site.

The code didn't work on track17, but it worked on POST11 and apparently all traceable until it arrived to Canada.
Here is what the package looks like. There's no indication of the package delivered by Yanwen, but the code pointed by the red arrow matched yanwen's second tracking code.

Even though I received this package, I read too many bad experience post on reddit about yanwen shipping. I'd say avoid this shipping method and go for china post / epacket if there's a choice.
I didn't have the choice since it's a low value order. Disappointed Face
Noot Noot!❗😄
Great coffee, better mind!
Aeropress | Hario V60 | French press | Vietnamese coffee filter | Kalita narrow-mouthed pot | %
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7827 posts
9141 upvotes
Vancouver
crusherjoe2000 wrote: Has anyone received any package shipped directly from China to Canada via Yanwen in the last 6 months?

I buy cheap electronics components from aliexpress and even though Yanwen tends to be slow most items do arrive eventually in the past. This years it is different though. I have received items shipped via ePacket, China Post, Singapore Post, Malaysia Post, Post11 from Estonia, etc, but NOT a single item shipped via Yanwen has arrived in the last 6 months (that's 10 lost items.)

I've learned my lesson so now I pay a bit more for shipping via China Post for my low cost items. Still I wonder what happened to all those items that failed to arrived. Are they in some Canada Post/Custom warehouse? Have they ever been shipped? Have the items been returned to China?
Yes, all my glass screen protectors for iPhone and Watch come by Yanwen. About a half dozen orders in the past few months.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32923413761.html

May 28: Order placed
June 2: Shipment dispatched
June 2: Departed country of origin
July 2: Package received

YW average time from shipping to delivery is 3 weeks. China Post Registered is typically 2 weeks.
Aug 3, 2019
1 posts
Hey guys, is it normal for thaipost registered mail to arrive for more than 30 days? Based on my previous experience, all shipping arrived within 25 days, for now, it has been 32 days, I start to think that it might have gone lost, but it just makes uncomfortable to open a dispute or ask for refund from the seller..
May 25, 2005
380 posts
107 upvotes
LL591773xxxCN
Aliexpress ePacket Estimated 16-26 Days

Last scan is:
July 24 7:48 pm
Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
Richmond, BC

It is a bag of computer screws for HP hard drives.

So 13 days with CBSA so far.
Only took 6 days to go from China to Canada
I guess they have another week by the epacket estimate.
Dec 18, 2011
6 posts
6 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Spinner wrote: Yes, all my glass screen protectors for iPhone and Watch come by Yanwen. About a half dozen orders in the past few months.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32923413761.html

May 28: Order placed
June 2: Shipment dispatched
June 2: Departed country of origin
July 2: Package received

YW average time from shipping to delivery is 3 weeks. China Post Registered is typically 2 weeks.
What kind of tracking number did those packages have? All my missing packages have tracking numbers like "Yanwen Economic Air Mail LPXXXXXX". Also I see that you live in BC whereas I live in ON, which probably makes a difference. Anyway, thanks for your reply.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7827 posts
9141 upvotes
Vancouver
crusherjoe2000 wrote: What kind of tracking number did those packages have? All my missing packages have tracking numbers like "Yanwen Economic Air Mail LPXXXXXX". Also I see that you live in BC whereas I live in ON, which probably makes a difference. Anyway, thanks for your reply.
Most start with LP###. Some start with S###.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7827 posts
9141 upvotes
Vancouver
queball wrote: LL591773xxxCN
Aliexpress ePacket Estimated 16-26 Days

Last scan is:
July 24 7:48 pm
Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
Richmond, BC

It is a bag of computer screws for HP hard drives.

So 13 days with CBSA so far.
Only took 6 days to go from China to Canada
I guess they have another week by the epacket estimate.
The next scan is usually at your local CPC mail depot. It's unlikely to be CBSA as ePacket goes through very fast. More likely to be a CPC delay.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1804 posts
476 upvotes
Vancouver
The days of taking four months to receive something from China seem to be over, at least for me, for now.

China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus - 14 days
ePacket - 16 days
AliExpress Standard Shipping - 16 days
ePacket - 11 days
China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus - 19 days
Yanwen Economic Airmail - 23 days
ePacket - 16 days

Last time I had a problem was in January with SunYou Economic Air Mail. The package allegedly made it to Canada, and the tracking stopped after that.
Dec 16, 2014
932 posts
519 upvotes
Easter Island
None of 11 items shipped using yanwen has arrived YTD. Orders made between Feb and May