Mailing Parcels to the U.S. via Canada Post

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2018 9:42 pm
[OP]
May 12, 2017
51 posts
17 upvotes

Mailing Parcels to the U.S. via Canada Post

I know there's a lot of backlog and parcels being held up at the sorting facilities for mail within and coming into Canada. However, I have 2 parcels that I need to mail to the U.S. and I wanted to know if anyone knows if the backlog applies to mail being shipped out of Canada - if so, I'll have to look for alternative carriers to mail these then (UPS / FedEx).
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7191 posts
584 upvotes
Toronto
There is no backlog. Canada post Corp has been lying about the backlog to get the govt involved to force CP employees back to work. Order away.
Dec 14, 2011
42 posts
3 upvotes
Halifax, NS
If there's no backlog, why is there a long delay within Amazon orders / International orders? Care to explain this.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7191 posts
584 upvotes
Toronto
I work for CP in the centre of the universe, Toronto. They dont have us working both days on weekends because the backlog isnt that big to begin.

Theres always a delay for international orders even when CP isnt on strike. CP has given the green light last week to for international parcels to come back in.

With Amazon, they have already deferred shipments to other couriers and only recently started to hand some back to CP to deliver.
THe backlog with Amazon has nothing to do with CP, but with the other couriers (eg Purlolator, INtelcom, Dynamax, etc) trying to manage the extra parcels that was given to them while CP was on strike.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1251 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
Try chitchats.com if you are near one. It is a lot cheaper than CP and they take it across the border and ship USPS and it will get there within days,
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4821 posts
1224 upvotes
Alberta
PCDawg wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 1:06 pm
There is no backlog. Canada post Corp has been lying about the backlog to get the govt involved to force CP employees back to work. Order away.
x2. One eBay order of mine from Montreal arrived on Thursday. Shipping as about 8 days. Another eBay order from the US took about 2 weeks. I don't notice any delay in receiving mail.
Sep 28, 2017
241 posts
138 upvotes
i tend to NOT believe anyone working for CP. either they have no idea what is going on and think it's business as usual... since the union feels it's not important to tell eveyone what is going on. or they just say things are good so that you wind up getting stuck with your mail and will add to the list of people they want to complain to get CP to just give the unionized workers what they want....

use another means to ship your parcel and just don't give them any business period. that's your way of screwing them back.... if you don't use them then work slows down for them then layoffs happen since they don't need as many workers then they sit at home. they delay your mail, you cost them a job... seems fair.
Oct 1, 2005
533 posts
241 upvotes
Kitchener
lazycow9 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 1:38 pm
If there's no backlog, why is there a long delay within Amazon orders / International orders? Care to explain this.
Yeah no kidding. All of my stuff coming via Canada post looks like this (see attachment).
Images
  • canadapostbtw.png

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)