• Jun 22nd, 2013 1:27 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1181 posts
75 upvotes

Mailman wage/salary..how much?

As title states I wanna know how much a mailman makes. I've tried looking it up but my searching skills suck, so if anyone can help TIA.
55 replies
Mar 24, 2006
401 posts
3 upvotes
Chatham
around $25/hour i heard :confused: i'm not sure though
Aug 14, 2006
737 posts
19 upvotes
and since its government based you'll have a nice pension plan in the end and benefits too! And you will be in or get in GREAT SHAPE!
Feb 12, 2007
677 posts
4 upvotes
This truly is a great career in my view...you stay in shape....no stress...good pay...etc. The only problem I see is that it's bound to stop existing no? I mean, will be still be sending paper mail in 20 years? who knows?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34250 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto
Whiplash7828 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2007 8:20 am
This truly is a great career in my view...you stay in shape....no stress...good pay...etc. The only problem I see is that it's bound to stop existing no? I mean, will be still be sending paper mail in 20 years? who knows?
I think the physical postal service will be around forever. There will always be parcels, and sometimes stuff like bills and credit card statements seem more professional in paper form.

Maybe in 100 years or so... But i think we sometimes think to far into the future. Remember how all those old movies and TV shows said how there will be flying cars beyond the year 2000? O_O

anyways... to the OP.
You could also look into couriers like UPS and DHL. They also pay welll. THe only thing with Canada post is that sometimes its hard getting a job...
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Aug 27, 2007
5 posts
Richmond
in a hundred years,

human civilization would have fallen due to global warming :confused:
Banned
Dec 15, 2005
2286 posts
UrbanPoet wrote:
Sep 13th, 2007 8:22 am
I think the physical postal service will be around forever. There will always be parcels, and sometimes stuff like bills and credit card statements seem more professional in paper form.

Maybe in 100 years or so... But i think we sometimes think to far into the future. Remember how all those old movies and TV shows said how there will be flying cars beyond the year 2000? O_O

anyways... to the OP.
You could also look into couriers like UPS and DHL. They also pay welll. THe only thing with Canada post is that sometimes its hard getting a job...
Yup, and also due to security issues, privacy issues, email not going through etc....

We'll have it for a long time still....
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1142 posts
25 upvotes
ruthless guard dogs are a minus... but luckily there are more and more of those "community mailboxes" where 50 homes all get their mail in the same place. That sucks a bit for us but the mail carriers have less chance of slipping on ice etc
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2005
2431 posts
4 upvotes
Sonic Temple
It's great if you are in country that isn't cold 8 months out of the year (unlike Canada).

Here is a little known fact:

Question:
Do you know why many postmen/postwomen wear shorts even in not warm weather?

Answer:
Believe it or not, pants actually slow them down while they are able to finish their route faster in shorts.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2003
1989 posts
21 upvotes
My mailwoman wore a red top and is blonde to boot. I kid you not, she' pretty. Anyways, the top was not standard uniform for sure.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6323 posts
40 upvotes
I've followed some letter carriers. They can finish in like 3-4 hours and get a full days pay easy.
- Private Investigator...contact me for your surveillance needs.
Nov 24, 2005
430 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
$25/hr for delivering mail? :-0 . Man that's crazy amount of pay for a easy stress free job.
× < >