Page 1 of 3

Mailman wage/salary..how much?

Posted: Sep 12th, 2007 8:16 pm
by iam_immigrant
As title states I wanna know how much a mailman makes. I've tried looking it up but my searching skills suck, so if anyone can help TIA.

Re: Mailman wage/salary..how much?

Posted: Sep 13th, 2007 12:23 am
by hehehaha
around $25/hour i heard :confused: i'm not sure though

Posted: Sep 13th, 2007 7:59 am
by ids748
and since its government based you'll have a nice pension plan in the end and benefits too! And you will be in or get in GREAT SHAPE!

Posted: Sep 13th, 2007 8:12 am
by alkaseltzer01
Looks like something around $25 /hr.

Appendix A.

http://www.cupw.ca/index.cfm/ci_id/9661/la_id/1.htm

Posted: Sep 13th, 2007 8:20 am
by Whiplash7828
This truly is a great career in my view...you stay in shape....no stress...good pay...etc. The only problem I see is that it's bound to stop existing no? I mean, will be still be sending paper mail in 20 years? who knows?

Posted: Sep 13th, 2007 8:22 am
by UrbanPoet
Whiplash7828 wrote: This truly is a great career in my view...you stay in shape....no stress...good pay...etc. The only problem I see is that it's bound to stop existing no? I mean, will be still be sending paper mail in 20 years? who knows?
I think the physical postal service will be around forever. There will always be parcels, and sometimes stuff like bills and credit card statements seem more professional in paper form.

Maybe in 100 years or so... But i think we sometimes think to far into the future. Remember how all those old movies and TV shows said how there will be flying cars beyond the year 2000? O_O

anyways... to the OP.
You could also look into couriers like UPS and DHL. They also pay welll. THe only thing with Canada post is that sometimes its hard getting a job...

Posted: Sep 13th, 2007 10:20 am
by Sharppen
in a hundred years,

human civilization would have fallen due to global warming :confused:

Posted: Sep 13th, 2007 10:55 am
by YnD
UrbanPoet wrote: I think the physical postal service will be around forever. There will always be parcels, and sometimes stuff like bills and credit card statements seem more professional in paper form.

Maybe in 100 years or so... But i think we sometimes think to far into the future. Remember how all those old movies and TV shows said how there will be flying cars beyond the year 2000? O_O

anyways... to the OP.
You could also look into couriers like UPS and DHL. They also pay welll. THe only thing with Canada post is that sometimes its hard getting a job...
Yup, and also due to security issues, privacy issues, email not going through etc....

We'll have it for a long time still....

Posted: Sep 13th, 2007 3:15 pm
by nogoro
ruthless guard dogs are a minus... but luckily there are more and more of those "community mailboxes" where 50 homes all get their mail in the same place. That sucks a bit for us but the mail carriers have less chance of slipping on ice etc

Posted: Sep 13th, 2007 8:41 pm
by Audiogenic
It's great if you are in country that isn't cold 8 months out of the year (unlike Canada).

Here is a little known fact:

Question:
Do you know why many postmen/postwomen wear shorts even in not warm weather?

Answer:
Believe it or not, pants actually slow them down while they are able to finish their route faster in shorts.

Posted: Sep 13th, 2007 10:41 pm
by robattoronto
My mailwoman wore a red top and is blonde to boot. I kid you not, she' pretty. Anyways, the top was not standard uniform for sure.

Posted: Sep 13th, 2007 10:52 pm
by PumpkinPie
That's who I'd like to see deliver my mail :lol:

Posted: Sep 14th, 2007 6:39 pm
by iam_immigrant
alkaseltzer01 wrote: Looks like something around $25 /hr.

Appendix A.

http://www.cupw.ca/index.cfm/ci_id/9661/la_id/1.htm
Thanks for info and link and all those who replied.

Posted: Sep 14th, 2007 7:04 pm
by Spray
I've followed some letter carriers. They can finish in like 3-4 hours and get a full days pay easy.

Posted: Sep 14th, 2007 8:44 pm
by unleashed
$25/hr for delivering mail? :-0 . Man that's crazy amount of pay for a easy stress free job.

Posted: Sep 14th, 2007 10:04 pm
by Blue_Thunder13
Well keep in mind that during the winter time, mailmen still have to deliver mail so if theres a blizzard out there then that's gotta suck..

Posted: Sep 14th, 2007 10:15 pm
by UrbanPoet
unleashed wrote: $25/hr for delivering mail? :-0 . Man that's crazy amount of pay for a easy stress free job.
damnit. Why do people think everything is just a easy stress free job.
Yes some days it looks easy... But you gotta remember that in Canada it is cold 10 months of the year.
and in Most parts of Canada you have terrible snow and dangerous road conditions to drive in.

Posted: Sep 14th, 2007 11:20 pm
by Lanella
My dad has already been bitten twice by dogs this year > :(

But yeah it is possible to finish your route in 4 hours and get paid a full days pay, that's a plus!

Posted: Sep 14th, 2007 11:41 pm
by GSXXRR
lol, just like on TV.

My dad is also a CanadaPost mailman. He was bitten by a dog. Also a bloody knee and a pair of broken glasses from dogs chasing him. Some dogs are just very protective of their territory, but unfortunately mailman has to enter it. He has since been given issued a pepper spray and a ultra-sonic gun (you shoot high pitch noise at the dog and they'll run away) to carry in his mailbag.

Lanella wrote: My dad has already been bitten twice by dogs this year > :(

But yeah it is possible to finish your route in 4 hours and get paid a full days pay, that's a plus!

Posted: Sep 14th, 2007 11:50 pm
by hagbard
Not hard to see who are the public servants and who are the public slaves.