• Mar 29th, 2017 10:53 am
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3879 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
vonblock wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:29 am
I'm talking about illegal immigrant deportation only, not the other crazy stuff the guys said.

I read so many English and French media columnists​ in every popular Canadian media blasting the illegal immigrant deportation by Trump that I thought Canadian were against it too.

Maybe the columnists were wrong.
most of the comments made by Americans i see are forgetting the word "illegal" and focusing too much on 'immigration' in general. There's a thing called "rule of law". Deporting illegal immigrants seems perfectly logical to me.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7506 posts
543 upvotes
vonblock wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:29 am
I'm talking about illegal immigrant deportation only, not the other crazy stuff the guys said.

I read so many English and French media columnists​ in every popular Canadian media blasting the illegal immigrant deportation by Trump that I thought Canadian were against it too.

Maybe the columnists were wrong.
Whether they get it right or not. Or whether Canadians want illegal immigrants gone or not, does not make Canadians racist.
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4264 posts
437 upvotes
why is it that snowflakes have now determined that it's racist to have borders that act as borders?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2409 posts
915 upvotes
Montreal
Kingmoo wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:33 am
why is it that snowflakes have now determined that it's racist to have borders that act as borders?
Why does people care if Trump want to deport all illegal immigrants in this case?

Canadians​ want to do the same!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3714 posts
458 upvotes
no border ! and no "Canadian values" ! ... we have to fight against racism ? Winking Face
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2759 posts
389 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
criminals are racist.
signature removed for inappropriate content
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2409 posts
915 upvotes
Montreal
It's good to know that building a wall and deporting illegal immigrants in Canada is ok.

I really though it was not. It's really confusing sometime.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7973 posts
789 upvotes
Ottawa
I assume the "aim" of this thread is to dissect the criticism of Trump's immigration policy?

I don't think it has to do with the deportation of illegals for the most part, but for the general attitude he's taken towards immigration and the attitude his stance has fostered.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2409 posts
915 upvotes
Montreal
uber_shnitz wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:33 am
I assume the "aim" of this thread is to dissect the criticism of Trump's immigration policy?.
No the goal is to identify the double standards in our society.

Recently the leftist-liberal double standard that make me sick. I consider myself a leftist but can't stand the hypocrisy. It's so bad Trump supporters​ look like genius next to them.
Last edited by vonblock on Mar 20th, 2017 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8347 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
speedyforme wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:52 am
Maybe perhaps he stereotypes minorities, calls them rapists and terrorists. Removing/deporting illegals is not racist. One can argue that those who have been here for years and have built relationships and have had children are being torn apart if deported and is considered inhumane.

I don't recall majority of Canadians are like the above.
As much as it sucks and is hard to imagine it happening.... but just because illegals go to wherever and start a family then get torn apart because laws catch up to them doesn't mean they should immediately not be illegals anymore.

Illegals getting caught coming into Canada should be turned away. Racist or not, it's true. Why would ANYONE support illegal immigrants coming here and taking jobs away from Canadians? Again, to make it clear I'm saying illegals. If they come legally and have all their **** together than good for them.

Here's a question... why is it "almost half" of us who want illegals deported and not like 75%?

I almost hate even giving my opinion on topics like this because so many people get butt hurt over what amounts to an opinion.
Last edited by XtremeModder on Mar 20th, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7973 posts
789 upvotes
Ottawa
vonblock wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:38 am
No the goal is to identify the double standards in our society.

Recently the leftist-liberal double standard that make me sick. I consider myself a leftist but can't send the hypocrisy.
I don't think it's just liberals, double standards always exist in politics in general. I remember "conservative" American friends I had who hated Obama but said Stephen Harper was cool but on a political spectrum, they're about the same (Canadian "right" is not that far from US "left").

Politics is full of double standards, manipulated info, misinformation, and general ignorance really.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3714 posts
458 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
As much as it sucks and is hard to imagine it happening.... but just because illegals go to wherever and start a family then get torn apart because laws catch up to them doesn't mean they should immediately not be illegals anymore.

Illegals getting caught coming into Canada should be turned away. Racist or not, it's true. Why would ANYONE support illegal immigrants coming here and taking jobs away from Canadians? Again, to make it clear I'm saying illegals. If they come legally and have all their **** together than good for them.
+1
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7506 posts
543 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:

I have no true opinion on this. All I am responding to this thread is that what the OP is claiming is NOT racist activity.

Illegal immigrants deportation is not racist, building a wall is not racist. What Canadians probably don't support is the racist remarks that Trump uses.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4659 posts
2338 upvotes
Get the illegals out... especially ones coming from the US, its becoming a farce that we are now accepting people who are living in a 1st world country -- yes Trump may be a bit crazy but they were deporting people under Obama too, now its just bigger news cause he made it out that he plans to get rid of them.

BUT THEY ARE ILLEGAL -- we also should not be taking them in!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8347 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
speedyforme wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:52 am
I have no true opinion on this. All I am responding to this thread is that what the OP is claiming is NOT racist activity.

Illegal immigrants deportation is not racist, building a wall is not racist. What Canadians probably don't support is the racist remarks that Trump uses.
But that's the problem. The second anyone is denied something and it ends up in the news the first thing everyone starts claiming is racism.

And many people are afraid to give a real opinion.