• Mar 29th, 2017 10:53 am
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
2496 posts
312 upvotes
Scarborough
vonblock wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:57 am
Oh so it's ok to arrest illegal immigrants as long as we don't do racial profiling.

I understand!
as long as illegals are deported promptly and not wait 15/20/30 years before deciding to do it, then I have no problem with it. I'm a liberal, but I believe in due process..screen the people and take in those who really need it. The rest of them deport back to their country of origin.

Also, I am a strong believer in helping out the country where these people came from. Get our troops in there along with the rest of NATO and put down rebel forces. The syrian situation is kind of complicated with russian involvement, but other war torn countries such as somalia, we can definitely help out. After we stamp out the rebels, help the somalians build up their infrastructure, especially their water and agriculture. Solve these issues from the root, not from the branches.

Just wait...right now the illegal immigration is just a cute blip. Wait a few more years when the affects of climate change get worse and worse. Thats when you will start to see massive unrest, and massive displacement of people. Canada is lucky to have two oceans and the USA separating us from the rest of the world...but if the US doesn't have a strong immigration policy, then the sht will hit the fan for us also. Illegals will migrate to US and then make a U-TURN to Canada. Alot of people wonder why we have this carbon tax, and for what purpose. Call it insurance for whats coming.
Last edited by blaznazn22 on Mar 20th, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1043 posts
288 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
vonblock wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 6:28 am
OMG Canada is so racist. /S

Canada is just like Trump. Trump want illegals​ out, the majority of Canadian want them out also. 48% want them out, 36% want them to stay.

I'm shock, I though Canadian were such amazing human being.

How is this possible?

http://reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSKBN16R0SK
Why is it wrong to protect your country from people that are not welcome, or who have circumvented the system to jump ahead of those that have applied and been accepted?
To me it is no different then inviting someone into my house, and then have an uninvited stranger walk in.
Hey you, get the **** out of my house.

Here's a website you might feel part of. Btw, they don't allow comments:
https://noii-van.resist.ca/
Last edited by Mars2012 on Mar 20th, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bypassing swear filter
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1374 posts
570 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
XtremeModder wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:38 am
Illegals getting caught coming into Canada should be turned away. Racist or not, it's true. Why would ANYONE support illegal immigrants coming here and taking jobs away from Canadians? Again, to make it clear I'm saying illegals. If they come legally and have all their **** together than good for them.

Here's a question... why is it "almost half" of us who want illegals deported and not like 75%?
The reason is partially in the way the question was framed:

Hundreds of people, mainly from Africa but also the Middle East, are crossing illegally into Canada from the United States because they say they fear President Donald Trump's crackdown on illegal immigrants in America. What comes closer to your opinion?
- Send these migrants back to the U.S.
- Accept these migrants and let them remain in Canada and seek refugee status

Probably at least 75% would say deport to a question about illegal workers, but this is about African and Middle Eastern refugees.

The answer may seem obvious at first glance, but it's not that simple. Two important facts that no one here has mentioned yet: One, this isn't about Americans or Mexicans. Their countries of origin are not on the designated countries list, so most of them probably have valid claims and also would be eligible for work permits (so this has almost nothing to do with illegals stealing jobs).

Two, the second option (allow them to stay as refugee claimants) is already standard procedure. According to law they can't be deported until their refugee claim is decided. As for why they're sneaking in from the US in the first place, it isn't necessarily a case of not having "their **** together". If you want to understand what's going on, read about the Safe Third Country agreement.
You need someone with an umbrella not a fork
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7348 posts
245 upvotes
poleman wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:04 pm
Why is it wrong to protect your country from people that are not welcome, or who have circumvented the system to jump ahead of those that have applied and been accepted?
To me it is no different then inviting someone into my house, and then have an uninvited stranger walk in.
Hey you, get the **** out of my house.

Here's a website you might feel part of. Btw, they don't allow comments:
https://noii-van.resist.ca/
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

That analogy is pretty silly.

We accepted african american slaves, draft dodgers and the boat people before.

http://www.blackhistorysociety.ca/news.php/news/30

At least know your history before you speak about this subject.

At the end of the day, it should be the refugee board who determines who should stay or who should go not people like you.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
6065 posts
232 upvotes
Of course people would be against economic migrants walking into the country. Canadians believe in fairness and the current situation is inherently unfair to people who aren't able to walk across the border from an already safe country like the US.

I don't understand why the Liberals are handling this the way they are. Make a change to discourage people from walking across the border. Suspend the safe third country agreement, create a detention centre and expedite the asylum process, return people to the US...just do something!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3715 posts
458 upvotes
immigrants ... and illegal and/or unwanted immigrants are two different things ... lets learn from EU mistakes ...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1043 posts
288 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
kevindurant1 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 6:16 pm

At the end of the day, it should be the refugee board who determines who should stay or who should go not people like you.
Well Kevin, of course it should be the refugee board with the final decision. If it isn't them, then who should it be?

But occasionally a government will listen to its people and the decision makers will act accordingly. Whether that happens with current house of clowns remains to be seen, but with the majority of Canadians wanting the refugee butts kicked out, if the selfie prince doesn't act, this majority might have the final say.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16751 posts
1799 upvotes
Montreal
There is an important distinction here. If you enter Canada, legally or not, but surrender to authorities and ask for asylum, you have the right to have your claim assessed. only if you are refused, and then overstay your removal order are you "illegal". Simply being a refugee claimant is not "illegal".

These yahoos on the other hand have no business coming here:
Illegal migrants interviewed by Reuters in Canada said they had been living legally in the United States and had applied for asylum there. But they fled for fear of being enmeshed in Trump's immigration crackdown.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4293 posts
302 upvotes
I have to say, the picking and choosing as to 'where' to claim asylum is abusive.

I mean, clearly, the people who arrived in the US picked that country first and now, we are the default.

I'm sorry, pick your horse and ride.

Many people who have chosen to ride the Canadian horse are now stuck waiting to come since you've tried to jump the line.

I'm really torn on this one.

There are a lot of people waiting to get refugee status for Canada that chose us first and now might get sidelined for following the rules.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26994 posts
6428 upvotes
GTHA
mkjr wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:23 pm
I have to say, the picking and choosing as to 'where' to claim asylum is abusive.

I mean, clearly, the people who arrived in the US picked that country first and now, we are the default.

Many people who have chosen to ride the Canadian horse are now stuck waiting to come since you've tried to jump the line.

There are a lot of people waiting to get refugee status for Canada that chose us first and now might get sidelined for following the rules.
Asylum claims are not processed before, or prioritized over, those of people who make their claims after crossing legally at a border checkpoint, or who make a claim inside Canada at a government office.
They are also not processed before, prioritized over, or “taking the place” of the files of refugee claimants who are going through the process of coming to Canada by initiating a claim from a refugee camp or another location overseas.
The two kinds of refugee claimants are, in fact, two different streams. Refugees who are processed abroad, like the Syrian refugees cleared by the United Nations and then by Canadian officials last year, normally arrive on Canadian soil as permanent residents and receive significant support from private sponsorship groups or the government on arrival (housing, language training, etc).
People who simply cross the border and make a claim have none of these privileges.

Reality check: Are asylum seekers ‘queue jumping’ and other key questions
http://globalnews.ca/news/3278168/reali ... questions/
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9864 posts
806 upvotes
mark my word, when the weather gets better, you will have hundreds of refugees cross the borders illegally every single day... Our government has done nothing to discourage this, (if anything, the policy more than promote illegal crossing)
May 22, 2016
871 posts
154 upvotes
Ontario
kevindurant1 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 6:16 pm

Boat people? Thats pretty insulting! Don't they come from somewhere or were they born on a boat and came here?
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16751 posts
1799 upvotes
Montreal
mkjr wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 11:23 pm

As it stands now, asylum seekers who comes through the US are not eligible. They are refused. The law IS being applied.

The only issue seems to be that these border jumpers are being given due process as opposed to being shot on sight.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3715 posts
458 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 7:18 am
As it stands now, asylum seekers who comes through the US are not eligible. They are refused. The law IS being applied.

The only issue seems to be that these border jumpers are being given due process as opposed to being shot on sight.
shot on sight ? ... no just send them back ... and no landmines on the border pls. ...