Site Comments & Suggestions

Make money on RedFlagDeals? Affiliate links?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2017 8:11 pm
[OP]
Mar 7, 2017
69 posts
31 upvotes
Ancaster, ON

Make money on RedFlagDeals? Affiliate links?

Hello all, I was wondering, all of these affiliate links I see here on RFDs... who makes the commission? Is it the guy who posts the deal, or does the RFDs site take all the commissions?
Thanks!

Is there any way within RFD's rules to share our own affiliate links to deals that we find?
7 replies
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2017
171 posts
35 upvotes
rdf takes it all
Justin Trudeau - bankrupting Canada since 2015. And M103 my ass.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2017
69 posts
31 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
heynayjk wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 9:20 pm
rdf takes it all
Well damn... thanks for the concise answer. So people post deals out of the goodness of their own heart then? Or is there any monetary or tangible benefit that can be had for scouring the internet for deals, and then posting them here where many people will buy them?
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2017
171 posts
35 upvotes
You get thumps up for posting hot deals. I don't think people purposely look for deals to post. They just happen to see a deal and post it here.
Justin Trudeau - bankrupting Canada since 2015. And M103 my ass.
[OP]
Mar 7, 2017
69 posts
31 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
heynayjk wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 9:37 pm
You get thumps up for posting hot deals. I don't think people purposely look for deals to post. They just happen to see a deal and post it here.
Okay, I appreciate the info! Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4916 posts
4853 upvotes
Toronto
RFD needs to keep all the commissions, in order to pay their staff and developers top $dollar.
I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8706 posts
590 upvotes
Rfd is good at deleting posts when you criticise certain companies if it's not a hot deal or they have rip off prices.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2533 posts
1133 upvotes
Calgaryish
DealFixation wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 9:26 pm
Well damn... thanks for the concise answer. So people post deals out of the goodness of their own heart then? Or is there any monetary or tangible benefit that can be had for scouring the internet for deals, and then posting them here where many people will buy them?
RFD is owned by Yellow Pages, the company that used to print the phone book. It's a for-profit company.

We provide the content and receive virtual thumbs up (or thumbs down, as the case may be) as our reward. It's interesting how people were once excited about how the Internet could level the playing field for small companies, and now mega-corporations like Facebook and Google earn billions of dollars by monetizing the content we generate.