Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2227 posts
400 upvotes
Toronto West

Makita MAC700 Air Compressor ~$200 at Multiple Retailers

Savings:
10-20%
This is about 10 to 20 percent off regular. Not often on sale. Its been this price before but not since about last September. Great compressor if you want to buy one to last you your lifetime.

IHL, JC Cayer and Amazon all have it at this price. IHL being $190 w/ a 25 ft Makita hose

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0001Q ... _i=desktop
http://www.ihlcanada.com/11676.html
https://www.jccayer.com/Makita-MAC700-2 ... sor/p/1781

HD only sells a kit so no PM possible there
111 replies
May 3, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa, ON
too bad it is only 90 PSI :( but good deal indeed
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2227 posts
400 upvotes
Toronto West
gerry613 wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 10:04 am
too bad it is only 90 PSI :( but good deal indeed
Max Pressure is 130PSI.. the CFM rating is 3.3 @ 90 if thats what you mean

Ive had my compressor regulated at right around 100 PSI for probably 5 years now had to lower it a couple times though
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2042 posts
548 upvotes
Thinking of getting this.

Use will be mostly light stuff on the car, renovations in the house (again nothing major, maybe flooring or trim, etc), maybe use it for painting, etc.
Since it comes with the hose it seems like a good deal, but I know nothing about compressors, so I don't know if it's alright. Lots of great reviews on Amazon.

Any feedback? I don't have any air tools, but they are often on sale in kits.

EDIT - I guess it's only the one from IHL that comes with the hose - looks like that's the best deal at $190 and free shipping.
Any experiences with IHL? It's free shipping over $149
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2558 posts
1995 upvotes
Oakville
What about the California Air Tools 4610A compressor for $368 at homedepot.ca?

90 psi @ 2.35CFM
60decibels loud
1hp continuous and 2HP peak
Oil free !
4.6 gallons
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6664 posts
907 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 5:16 pm

90 psi @ 2.35CFM
60decibels loud
Oil free !
4.6 gallons
Most don't feel that oil-free is necessarily a good thing. The better-quality compressors use oil lubrication for longer life.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3611 posts
595 upvotes
Hamilton
I got one of these a couple years ago. Hd had it as a deal of the day for about 199.
It was really good. But the regulator started leaking. Also read online after that the houses and adapter ports were swapped out by a lot of people to make it really good. Husky has a version of this too. EXACT same but Husky stamp at HD for cheaper.
If you can, get the 4620A model. More cfm at 90 psi. I would. Doesn't consistently drive my pasload framing nailer.
A little heavy too. If you're just gunna use it to trim and stuff around the house, inflate tires, get a pancake when it's on sale. Light and small. Works great.
zdpz wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 5:16 pm

90 psi @ 2.35CFM
60decibels loud
Oil free !
4.6 gallons
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6874 posts
1349 upvotes
Mont-Royal
sidshock wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 5:28 pm
I got one of these a couple years ago. Hd had it as a deal of the day for about 199.
It was really good. But the regulator started leaking. Also read online after that the houses and adapter ports were swapped out by a lot of people to make it really good. Husky has a version of this too. EXACT same but Husky stamp at HD for cheaper.
If you can, get the 4620A model. More cfm at 90 psi. I would. Doesn't consistently drive my pasload framing nailer.
A little heavy too. If you're just gunna use it to trim and stuff around the house, inflate tires, get a pancake when it's on sale. Light and small. Works great.
I'm thinking the California one is less decibel
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3611 posts
595 upvotes
Hamilton
L4cky wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 7:48 pm
I'm thinking the California one is less decibel
You're right. That's what sold me a couple years ago. However. It is not as quiet as it's made out to be. But yes. Not as loud. If I could go back. I would grab a decent 3+ cfm @90 psi pancake compressor. I use it maybe 5 times a year tops if that helps. So the pancake for me would have made more sense.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2558 posts
1995 upvotes
Oakville
sidshock wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 8:06 pm
You're right. That's what sold me a couple years ago. However. It is not as quiet as it's made out to be. But yes. Not as loud. If I could go back. I would grab a decent 3+ cfm @90 psi pancake compressor. I use it maybe 5 times a year tops if that helps. So the pancake for me would have made more sense.
<br />
<br />

How about this one at Canadian Tire by Maztercraft?

https://m.canadiantire.ca/#/products/pr ... u=1995704P

Or this cheaper one of the same make also at Canadian Tire.

https://m.canadiantire.ca/#/products/pr ... quantity=1

I want a good general purpose one because I do lots of DIY projects all year round ranging from hardwood flooring to painting to machining.

Please advise!
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3611 posts
595 upvotes
Hamilton
zdpz wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 8:30 pm
<br />
<br />

How about this one at Canadian Tire by Maztercraft?

https://m.canadiantire.ca/#/products/pr ... u=1995704P

Or this cheaper one of the same make also at Canadian Tire.

https://m.canadiantire.ca/#/products/pr ... quantity=1

I want a good general purpose one because I do lots of DIY projects all year round ranging from hardwood flooring to painting to machining.

Please advise!
that 4610A would not be enough to run the spray paint gun.

The 20 Gal at Krappy tire should do fine for spraying.
But, if you're hardly going to spray, and the rest is not so volume related, get a smaller tank. That 20 Gal is big and heavy!.
If you're willing to spend that much ( the 4610A originally) consider this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/Makita-MAC2400-Bi ... ds=mac2400

Double the weight of the Aluminum 4610A however.
If I could go back, I'd grab it!
The 4610 is a decent buy. But not for almost $400.

Note that the makita is oil ( which isn't bad. Just a maintenance thing to watch for )

Want the CAT still and want it new with a different label and a more accurate price for what you get?
Consider this too then:
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.sile ... 26928.html

There are some choices.
Stay away from the mastercraft. I've seen my neighbour kill 2. Actually, I killed his last MC one lol. But I swear I barely used it. Motor just died.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2558 posts
1995 upvotes
Oakville
[quote="sidshock" post_id="25711303" time="1460769805" user_id="3931"]that 4610A would not be enough to run the spray paint gun.<br />

oh I see, thanks for that information. The homedpeot link you gave doesn't work.

I'm looking to spend under $250 for some really good sale item.
The Makita that you linked looks like a ninja power house, outside of my budget. But very sturdy. I could by two krappy tire compressors for the price of one Makita lol.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Apr 13, 2017
37 posts
5 upvotes
Surrey
I have the mac 700.... solid compressor ! only down side is the weight ! no fun to lug up stairs or drag down hall ways !
im a cabinet installer and also alot of service work too
the makita I bring if I'm setting up for a couple of days
if I am just doin a small job i a have a little senco compressor that weighs 20lbs, almost a 3rd the weight as the makita!
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
3611 posts
595 upvotes
Hamilton
zdpz wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 9:33 pm
sidshock wrote:
Apr 15th, 2016 9:23 pm
that 4610A would not be enough to run the spray paint gun.<br />

oh I see, thanks for that information. The homedpeot link you gave doesn't work.

I'm looking to spend under $250 for some really good sale item.
The Makita that you linked looks like a ninja power house, outside of my budget. But very sturdy. I could by two krappy tire compressors for the price of one Makita lol.
Weird, I just double checked the link.
It's good.
Alright, open up the HD . CA website.
In the search type in 4610A.
You will see 2 compressors.
Check out the Husky for $249.
I only recommended the MAC2400 because you mentioned CAT 4610A which is in that price range.
If I had to choose between those 2, the MAC2400 for sure.

You can actually fit 3 mastercrafts when they go on sale for the price of that MAC. :)
However, it would also be a mistake. :)
Mar 21, 2008
712 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
don't buy a cheapie compressor... it will fail... buy a quality one like makita and it was last...