None
Banned
Aug 16, 2016
99 posts
23 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
brandonl wrote: i want metallo.
Watch CW's Supergirl ;)

"When Superman makes his way to Supergirl this fall, the Man of Steel will be facing off against one of his oldest foes from the comics. EW has learned exclusively that Frederick Schmidt has been tapped to play Metallo."
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/30/su ... o-season-2
lol

I'd rather poke my eyeballs out than watch Supergirl again.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4770 posts
210 upvotes
Guelph
if those rumors are true about MOS 2, then wow. im super excited for that.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
tk1000 wrote: "There's no release date yet for the sequel to Man of Steel, but according to Henry Cavill's management, the film is officially in development, and the actor has decided to take on a much more active role."
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/superman/ ... nt-a145211
Wonder what that means. He's no Ben Affleck.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
jenviea wrote: I guess this sequel is dead as THR is reporting Henry Cavill as Superman is no longer required with a re-strategizing of the WB/DC universe

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... up-1142306
Their reboot, or whatever you want to call it has been a disaster. I liked the movies, but they arent even close to Marvel. Re-writes upon rewrites, 2 movies that could of been great that werent (BVS and JLA) Trying to make a universe after introducing characters in a previous movie that had no previous movie. Oh hi Cyborg and Aquaman and Flash

They have had some good moments, Wonder Women was good, the first Superman, while over the top (lets destroy Metropolis) was enjoyable.

Its like someone is to stubborn to admit that this wont take off and just keep plowing ahead
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
WTF. Henry Cavill was one of the only aspects of the DC movies that I liked. At least give him a shot now that Snyder has been removed from the movies.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
lol reboot when Aquaman is about to be released.

they should have dump that crap long ago. Just sell Aquaman to Netflix and try to recoup a few dollars.

Just let live action DC die.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I don't think the actors are bad. I think it was the writing and the direction. I liked Cavill as Superman, I didn't mind Affleck as Batman. It was the writing and tone of those movies that put me off. Batman should be dark, but Superman isn't really dark. They could make them different and write clever ways to play that off each other when they team up.

Man of Steel starts out great (Loved the Krypton stuff with Russel Crowe). Superman not saving his dad was very un superman like. Superspeed should of made it a non issue. The whole terraforming earth. How was someone not like. Hey Superman, if we can have your blood to rebuild the Kryptonian species, we'll go bugger off and terraform a different planet. Everyone wins... lol.

BTW I don't think the DCU is dead. Aquaman is coming out, and Wonder Woman 2 is filming. I imagine they're trying to retool it and figure out what to do. I will admit, it's amazing how many times the ball has been dropped with Superman over the last 30 years.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17437 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: I guess this sequel is dead as THR is reporting Henry Cavill as Superman is no longer required with a re-strategizing of the WB/DC universe

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... up-1142306
THR story has been updated to include a statement from Warners (which IMO doesn't deny the gist of the THR story)

"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we’ve always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged,"

Cavill's manager has tweeted a somewhat optimistic leaning statement as well

Sep 28, 2017
704 posts
472 upvotes
nick cage should be brought back for superman.... he's hurting for a real movie to act in and that neon glowing suit was the bomb ! NOT.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
jenviea wrote: THR story has been updated to include a statement from Warners (which IMO doesn't deny the gist of the THR story)

"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we’ve always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged,"

Cavill's manager has tweeted a somewhat optimistic leaning statement as well

Superman himself chimes in with a cryptic message.

R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
DC just can't get their stuff together.... how many times can they screw up Superman?.... Will they reboot again or just recast?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7070 posts
3384 upvotes
just when he passed probation and was ready to earn the big bucks they do this to him.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
682 upvotes
Ontario
He wants to be Bond maybe this is more Cavill than WB.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Were they ready to pay him the big bucks. MoS did ok but not great. WB got nervous and decided to put Batman in the next one, instead of a Superman sequel. There's been almost no talk of an MoS sequel since. Justice League then nothing. They can't even get Batman movies off the ground. Maybe Cavill is cutting his losses and moving on.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7908 upvotes
Global Village
coilz wrote: DC just can't get their stuff together.... how many times can they screw up Superman?.... Will they reboot again or just recast?
They want to go younger and try to emulate the success of Wonder Woman with Supergirl. Superman is now a supporting role box-office-wise in their minds, not a lead.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
scoper wrote: They want to go younger and try to emulate the success of Wonder Woman with Supergirl. Superman is now a supporting role box-office-wise in their minds, not a lead.
Which is sad because Marvel built an empire out of supporting character and DC struggles to utilize their two biggest characters to drive their own universe.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4550 posts
2623 upvotes
zod wrote: Which is sad because Marvel built an empire out of supporting character and DC struggles to utilize their two biggest characters to drive their own universe.
Agree with you 100%, DC has arguably the 2 most well known superheros in the world and they dropped the ball. I was a fan of both Cavill and Affleck int he roles, sad to see if Cavill is replaced. Seeing how there's no planned Superman for at least 2-3 years, hopefully they can work out their differences.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
3349 posts
555 upvotes
There was that theory that when Affleck seemed to want to bail on his Batman role, they were going to use Flashpoint as an excuse to recast him. Maybe they will do the same with Cavill?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)