Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Manfrotto 294 Tripod with Quick Release Ballhead - $99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2014 3:05 pm
Oct 1, 2008
175 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver

[Canada Computers] Manfrotto 294 Tripod with Quick Release Ballhead - $99

I don't exactly follow tripods but looks like a very good deal according to photoprice.ca:

http://www.photoprice.ca/product/03748/ ... price.html

This will be a sturdy tripod for your heavy dslrs and lenses.
15 replies
Dec 11, 2013
116 posts
47 upvotes
Whitby
Great tripod, I have one and will buy another at this price to avoid switching between the ball head for photos and the fluid head for video.

I'll end up with an extra ball head I can sell, so hot deal for me. :)

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I guess this isn't suitable for travelling?
(I don't have a studio nor use a tripod much at home)

Looks great for height and large plate though.
Sep 5, 2008
772 posts
191 upvotes
Halifax
Must be picked up in store. Too bad.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1981 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, I have one and it is too heavy to carry around. It works great but i rather get a lighter one where u can carry around.
Dec 29, 2004
583 posts
813 upvotes
SWO
AlexanderDKB wrote: Great tripod, I have one and will buy another at this price to avoid switching between the ball head for photos and the fluid head for video.
Any suggestions on what to use for an inexpensive fluid head for this?

The head on the $190 294/w fluid head at CC was pretty nice, but probably cost prohibitive for me to buy the Manfrotto one.
Dec 11, 2013
116 posts
47 upvotes
Whitby
da_123 wrote: Any suggestions on what to use for an inexpensive fluid head for this?

The head on the $190 294/w fluid head at CC was pretty nice, but probably cost prohibitive for me to buy the Manfrotto one.
I can't find a fluid head bundle on the CC website - just a three way head, which is primarily for stills but would do for video in a pinch.

I don't have a lot of experience with fluid heads - I bought a Manfrotto 701HDV during a 30% off everything sale at the Henry's Outlet, and have been relatively happy with it. I would recommend spending a decent amount on one though; if I could upgrade mine I would, but for the amount of video I shoot it's fitting the bill.
Aug 2, 2007
65 posts
7 upvotes
Ontario
I ordered one and went there to pick up today but gave me an open box one. I don't know if the other people got brand new one or open box?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
IMHO, open box should be discounted. For all you know the previous buyer could have took it to a beach and gritted the moving parts.
Aug 2, 2007
65 posts
7 upvotes
Ontario
AncasterRFD wrote: IMHO, open box should be discounted. For all you know the previous buyer could have took it to a beach and gritted the moving parts.
I was saying same thing but they refused to give me new one or give me discount, so I didn't buy it. will avoid Canadacomputers.
Oct 1, 2008
175 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver
cnsharc wrote: I was saying same thing but they refused to give me new one or give me discount, so I didn't buy it. will avoid Canadacomputers.
Sorry to hear that; didn't buy it myself since I have an older version but perhaps try emailing customer service? Open box sounds like false advertising..
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
cnsharc wrote: I was saying same thing but they refused to give me new one or give me discount, so I didn't buy it. will avoid Canadacomputers.
which location? these clowns are really getting annoying.
Place Your Ad Here
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
I wasn't aware CC sold tripods!
I've had similar experiences with them; their price match policies are a joke and they'll show floor models as part of the stock system, they'll also sell you a demo for full price with extended warranty and then refuse to honor that warranty. I often just use their prices to PM at FS/BB and dread walking into their stores
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Aug 2, 2007
65 posts
7 upvotes
Ontario
jake123 wrote: Sorry to hear that; didn't buy it myself since I have an older version but perhaps try emailing customer service? Open box sounds like false advertising..
talked with customer service but they cannot do anything. will stay away from Canadacomputers

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)