Expired Hot Deals

[Manulife] Manulife Bank Advantage Account 1.5% with end of 3.35%/3.25% promotional period ***Updated July 17, 2019***

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 9:13 pm
Feb 7, 2019
18 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary
Hi. Would just like to confirm before signing up that:
1) interest rates are 3.35% for 182 days from account opening, 1.5% thereafter
2) no fees whatsoever if account balance is >1000, including cash withdrawals from any bank ABM & e transfer
4) link to 1 Canadian bank account is possible for easier fund transfer. Possible to link multiple?
5) no lock in contrast whatsoever. Cancel anytime after 182 days

Sounds like a fantastic deal if all above is true
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1587 posts
623 upvotes
ON
bylo wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 8:53 am
If that's the case then it raises the question of why Manulife's application process didn't inform me of the credit check and ask for my assent before trying to do it.
I think this is a soft check
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1048 posts
525 upvotes
I did not have any questions related to my SIN to answer during the app, it just asked for my SIN.

So I'm not sure what there'd be to verify (I haven't frozen my credit profile or anything due to fraud, etc.)
May 3, 2008
887 posts
443 upvotes
Markham
bylo wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 8:53 am
What questions? For me the application process just asked for basic stuff like name/address and SIN. Usually when an application process wants to do a credit bureau check they ask questions about which types of loans you have and which credit cards you have.

They didn't ask me any of that. Did they ask you?

That may explain why I didn't get instant approval. Equifax has had a security flag on my credit report ever since the possible breach at Peoples Trust a few years ago. That's held up other applications that check credit via Equifax.

If that's the case then it raises the question of why Manulife's application process didn't inform me of the credit check and ask for my assent before trying to do it.
Interesting. I was asked the credit check questions like which one is your previous phone number, credit card you applied for, etc. The usual 3-4 questions online credit check.
Nov 1, 2015
439 posts
294 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
rendered22 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 11:32 am
Are they a safe and reliable bank to park money in for 6 months? How is the app and general customer service?
I sure hope so I opened a mortgage with them.
Oct 9, 2018
41 posts
8 upvotes
mkl38s wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 9:56 pm
I thought you could just write yourselves a cheque and do a mobile deposit, then they will link the account for you (similar to EQ bank)
Yeah I think that's what most people are doing. Too bad I don't have cheques on me... would have to order them from TD
May 4, 2004
406 posts
53 upvotes
Any transfer amount limitations per day per transaction? Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5084 posts
1018 upvotes
Milton
BobW95191 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 9:05 am
Any ideas if there is any limit on the amount that can be transferred at one time? I'd rather not go through all the hoops to find out days later the transfer has been denied.
Roy2004 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 10:22 am
Any transfer amount limitations per day per transaction? Thanks
Agent indicated $50,000 transfer limit for linked accounts. Anything greater then you will need to call.

I asked if the limit is $50,000 per day however the agent mentioned for larger transfer it would be better to call to assist with large transfers.
Apr 13, 2017
421 posts
90 upvotes
spena wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 10:33 am
Agent indicated $50,000 transfer limit for linked accounts. Anything greater then you will need to call.

I asked if the limit is $50,000 per day however the agent mentioned for larger transfer it would be better to call to assist with large transfers.
Is this for pull / push/ both?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15923 posts
8234 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
BBQPEANUT wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 10:19 am
I sure hope so I opened a mortgage with them.
Why does Manulife's solvency matter when as a borrower they've loaned you money (rather than as a depositor, you've loaned them money)?
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 23, 2012
107 posts
73 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
buhfellow wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 9:15 am
4) link to 1 Canadian bank account is possible for easier fund transfer. Possible to link multiple?
I am also interested to know the answer to this.
Oct 8, 2006
453 posts
227 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
dahnir wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 11:39 am
I am also interested to know the answer to this.
i believe I read on their site you can...subject to their approval...I already have 2 requests in to link 2 external accounts - sent in sample chqs via their mobile app - said it would take 1-2 business days
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8036 posts
962 upvotes
headleygrange wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 10:44 am
Is this for pull / push/ both?
With the other banks and from Tangerine to RBC, pulls never had a limit. I've done pulls from Tangerine to Hubert, TD as well in high amounts without issue.

Now for pushes, I do know that Tangerine does have a limit of $32k. Any amount over this and you'll have to phone in.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Nov 28, 2011
753 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
Frankie3s wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 11:45 am
With the other banks and from Tangerine to RBC, pulls never had a limit. I've done pulls from Tangerine to Hubert, TD as well in high amounts without issue.

Now for pushes, I do know that Tangerine does have a limit of $32k. Any amount over this and you'll have to phone in.

Might you (or anyone) have knowledge to as to how this pull/push system works?

Tangerine has a push limit of $50,000 (from what I understood, but could be wrong), but if you call in, they can help process your transfer request without this limit.
However, considering that Manulife has a limit of $50k, will an amount greater than $50k go through if pushed through Tangerine? Likewise, if someone pulls from Manulife an amount >50k, will the Tangerine automatically process the transfer, or should they call in there too?

-- edit, just read your post properly -_-. OOPS! Looks like a Manulife pull >$50k would require the account holder to call Manulife, and no further action is required with Tangerine.

Also, what is typically preferred in these instances? Pulling, or pushing?

Thanks!

Also, thanks OP! I opened my account an hour ago with instant approval. I got the identity verification questions and successfully answered them without issue!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1586 posts
1095 upvotes
Alberta
how do people link tangerine chequing acct with void cheques?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)