Expired Hot Deals

[Manulife] Manulife Bank Advantage Account 1.5% with end of 3.35%/3.25% promotional period ***Updated July 17, 2019***

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2019 1:56 am
Jul 8, 2010
760 posts
223 upvotes
White Bear, ON
canadianbaconz wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 2:58 pm
i signed up and linked my bmo and TD account on saturday, and mine is linked when i checked this morning thanks op.
How do you link a TD account? Thanks
Apr 26, 2019
45 posts
64 upvotes
mathu83 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 7:49 pm
I opened my account Saturday......all approved etc. Went to my account on a desktop computer this morning....in the side links there is a "Link an External Account" or something in the list. Scanned and uploaded a void cheque after entering the usual transit number, account number etc. The account was already in the system later today(you know its in there by attempting to transfer funds and its in the list of to/from accounts). I did a test transfer about a half hour ago so we'll see if/when it goes through.
Jul 8, 2010
760 posts
223 upvotes
White Bear, ON
BobW95191 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 7:58 pm
I opened my account Saturday......all approved etc. Went to my account on a desktop computer this morning....in the side links there is a "Link an External Account" or something in the list. Scanned and uploaded a void cheque after entering the usual transit number, account number etc. The account was already in the system later today(you know its in there by attempting to transfer funds and its in the list of to/from accounts). I did a test transfer about a half hour ago so we'll see if/when it goes through.
So a direct deposit form would work as well?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7054 posts
355 upvotes
York
How do I do this for a joint account?
Nov 3, 2011
192 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
mathu83 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 7:49 pm
It says void cheque, but for TD I just used the direct deposit form took a picture with cell phone on bed entered info and they accepted it lol. For BMO I submitted void cheque online
Printed and took picture. Hope this helps!
Last edited by canadianbaconz on Apr 29th, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 26, 2019
45 posts
64 upvotes
mathu83 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 8:00 pm
Not sure....I just used the last cheque I had and was amazed everything was processed so quickly. It was TD so yes that form would probably work if you scan it as I did my void cheque
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2343 posts
440 upvotes
Montreal
I used an old ING Direct cheque that I deposited with mobile banking by taking a photo and it went through no problem and now my Tangerine account is linked when I login online.
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/16 @ 2666mhz | MSI Armor RTX 2070 | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe M.2 | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 2S |
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3325 posts
3153 upvotes
Montreal
mathu83 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 8:00 pm
Yes, I used Tangerine Direct Deposit Form (my saving account) and Manulife link my Tangerine Savings account.

It so cool as now I could pull money from my Tangerine Savings account from Manulife.

Well, they limit transfer amount of $50000. But why limit as they let's you schedule multiple transfers of $50000 in the same day.
Please enter a transfer amount of $50,000 or less. For help, please call us at 1-877-765-2265.
We are unable to process your request as the Start date for External Transfers must be a minimum of one business day in the future.
Last edited by X360 on Apr 29th, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2006
1490 posts
173 upvotes
just opened and approved. Login to account and confirmed bonus interest rate:

Interest rate 1.500%
Promotional rate 1.850%
Promotion end date October 28, 2019
Opened date April 29, 2019
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
6885 posts
2157 upvotes
2damax wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 3:38 pm
*Update on my non-instant approval yesterday*

I just got a phone call to verify my identification. The next step is to deposit a cheque from another financial institution through their app, and to send a document confirming my address/identity (I used my internet bill) on their website (I didn't find the option in the app).

The initial hold on the first cheque deposit is apparently 6 days, only after it clears will my account officially open.

This is all according to the csr that called me for verification.
No one called me ... but I received an email from them .. with similar stuff .. to either download their app and do the cheque thingy ($1 or more) ... then wait 6 business days etc ... OR ... see financial advisor, associated with them ... who can verify my identity ... and do the ID form ... and get it over to them.
I was in the area where one of those advisors was only 1 minute away ... stopped at his / their office ... and had a meeting with him ... he did what was needed and even called them ... for some info ... then said he is faxing it to them right away ... and they should have it in their hands.
Should be faster than 6 business day thingy, one would think.

On May 1st ... looks like my money (from BMO promo ain't going to neither RBC nor Canadian Tire Bank 3% promo(s).

Looks like BMO's bank draft is going to Tangerine for 5 business days or so ... until money is off hold (will be at TING at 2.75% for those days) ... then on May 8 or so... I should be able to get the money to Manulife Bank.... either via push from Tangerine ... or via pull from Tangerine via Manulife's created link ... or something like that :)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2545 posts
481 upvotes
Toronto
Linked tangerine on the weekend, they dumped some loose change in manulife today and waiting for Tangerine to verify.
Sep 14, 2009
370 posts
95 upvotes
Vancouver
Mcklain wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 8:15 pm
I used an old ING Direct cheque that I deposited with mobile banking by taking a photo and it went through no problem and now my Tangerine account is linked when I login online.
Same experience; no need to do any manual linking of accounts. On a less successful note, I called HSBC to ask where I could download the direct deposit form to set up at Manulife, and apparently you must visit a branch in person with 2 pieces of gov't ID to get this form.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1086 posts
553 upvotes
I still haven't received a phone call (or email) from Manulife...
wranglery wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 5:37 pm
I called them to confirm if I will get charged for the fee since my balance is 0, less than $1000. She told me it's in promotion now so I will not be charged when my balance is less than $1000. She also asked me to upload ID document so they can process the account link. I said there was no such process while opening the account. She said once they confirm the account is in place and document is checked, they will process the external account link. I uploaded one using the document upload option in my account.
Weird that to login, I don't use the account number. I must use the access number instead. Such a hassle.
She also told me it's over $21 to order 50 cheques. Tangerine only charges $20. I plan to cancel the account once the promotion is over.
I looked everywhere and for the life of me, I don't see where you're charged *any* maintenance fee for balances dipping under $1000.

https://www.manulifebank.ca/personal-ba ... count.html shows that there are some fees associated with withdrawals, but the ones that most people in this thread probably care about are Sending an Interac e-Transfer ($1.00) and Bill Payment ($1.00).... both which seem to be non-issues since I assume most people are doing this for the bonus interest (and realistically will have >$1000 in the account anyways)...
Nov 23, 2012
107 posts
73 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
My account status says 'Open'... Does this mean I got approved or pre-approved? The credit background questions went through just fine and instantly had access... No need to wait for a rep to call or anything...
Deal Fanatic
May 7, 2007
6885 posts
2157 upvotes
Looks like my account still on hold ... but I just logged in: C/P:

Code: Select all

Product name 	Advantage Account 	 
Account balance 	$0.00 	 
Status 	Hold 	 
Available balance 	$0.00 	 
Funds on hold 	$0.00 	 
Interest rate 	1.500%