Expired Hot Deals

[Manulife] Manulife Bank Advantage Account 1.5% with end of 3.35%/3.25% promotional period ***Updated July 17, 2019***

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 9:39 pm
Penalty Box
May 7, 2007
6797 posts
2119 upvotes
Well .. Got the Card ... got the pin by now ...

Deposited large cheque to Exchange network machine .... and my money is finally at Manulife Bank ... as of May 15th .. until the end of October -- 3.35%
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
2549 posts
912 upvotes
YUL/YVR
As expected, they extended the 3.35% Promo
Manulife Bank’s 3.35% Personal Advantage Account Interest Offer (the “Offer”) is available to Manulife
Bank Advantage Account clients (“Eligible Account Owner(s)”) who open a new personal non-registered
Canadian-dollar Advantage Account (“Eligible Account”) between January 7, 2019 and July 15, 2019 (the
“Offer Period”).
Jun 18, 2015
12 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Hi, does anyone know how to transfer big money (let us say, 500k) to manulife without losing daily interest? tried e-transfer, that is not convenient.
Last edited by dsren95 on May 17th, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
5834 posts
5509 upvotes
Toronto
I applied today and it was approved right away, what is the easiest way to move a large sum from Tangerine? I used the "old link" from the description, and got 3.35% too :)

Can I just write myself a cheque and deposit it by camera with Manulife? Is there a limit for this?
Last edited by mazerbeaner on May 17th, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15907 posts
8220 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
$20k at 3% is $600 a year. So a day's interest is <$2. After tax that's <$1. Not sure if that's worth worrying about, especially if it's a one-time event.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jun 18, 2015
12 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
If it is $500k @ 3.25%, and there is no tax about it. That is $44.52 per day. Assume it takes 2-3 business days to transfer, so, it will be around $100 interest.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15907 posts
8220 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
dsren95 wrote:
May 17th, 2019 8:45 pm
If it is $500k @ 3.25%, and there is no tax about it. That is $44.52 per day. Assume it takes 2-3 business days to transfer, so, it will be around $100 interest.
Well before you edited your post you said $20k and one day. Hence my post asking if it's worth it,

Now after editing your post it's suddenly $500k and 2-3 business days and no tax. Yeah, with those "minor" changes and now at $100 it's probably worth making an effort to minimize delays.

Then again one has wonder:
1. Why would someone who's so concerned about losing $100 want to deposit $500k at an institution that's only CDIC insured for $100k, i.e. the other $400k is uninsured and subject to a possible (if rare) total loss?
2. The 3.35% offer is on a taxable account. How do you propose to earn 3.25% in interest without paying tax on it?
veni, vidi, Visa
Jun 18, 2015
12 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Hi, bylo.
Good points about the 100K in CDIC. That reminders me I should watch that limit.
I think I'd better to call company to ask what is the best way. If I find, I will post it here.
The purpose of my question is not about how many interest you lose or gain, it is about what is the "correct" way to do it. And that correct way will be used in the future.
I am sorry about the changes of my question if that offends you. and thanks for your reply, have a good night
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15907 posts
8220 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
dsren95 wrote:
May 17th, 2019 10:26 pm
The purpose of my question is not about how many interest you lose or gain, it is about what is the "correct" way to do it. And that correct way will be used in the future.
Fair enough. I was just trying to point out that when the amounts transferred are relatively small a day or two lost interest isn't all that significant.
I am sorry about the changes of my question if that offends you. and thanks for your reply, have a good night
No offense taken or intended. Cheers.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1695 posts
125 upvotes
Hi, i'm sorry that i didn't sift through 47 pages but can someone help this clueless being as to the easiest way to transfer a large sum in Tangerine to Manulife? 3K email transfer is not an option for me.. and i can only download a void cheque not a $1 cheque afaik. thank you
Apr 13, 2017
421 posts
90 upvotes
leoben wrote:
May 18th, 2019 10:04 am
Hi, i'm sorry that i didn't sift through 47 pages but can someone help this clueless being as to the easiest way to transfer a large sum in Tangerine to Manulife? 3K email transfer is not an option for me.. thank you

Add manulife account in tangerine as external account or vice versa. You can then push/ pull money.

Push from Tangerine - No hold
Pull from Manulife- Several days hold depending on the amount.

Alternatively, you can deposit a cheque at Manulife. But Tangerine only has cheque for checking account and you need to keep the money there until it clears.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1695 posts
125 upvotes
headleygrange wrote:
May 18th, 2019 10:07 am
Add manulife account in tangerine as external account or vice versa. You can then push/ pull money.

Alternatively, you can deposit a cheque at Manulife. But Tangerine only has cheque for checking account and you need to keep the money there until it clears.
thank you v much!
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2006
2005 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
headleygrange wrote:
May 18th, 2019 10:07 am

Is there a minimum or daily limit with externally connected accounts when sending / pushing from Tangerine to Manulife, the way there is for e-transfer (max. 3K every 24 hours in my case) ?
Public Mobile
Tangerine
Carrot App
Swagbucks
Apr 13, 2017
421 posts
90 upvotes
loonie wrote:
May 18th, 2019 10:33 am
Is there a minimum or daily limit with externally connected accounts when sending / pushing from Tangerine to Manulife, the way there is for e-transfer (max. 3K every 24 hours in my case) ?
From tangerine, I've been able to push 100k in one transaction. I think if you are pulling from Manulife, there is a 50k limit per transaction.
May 25, 2009
245 posts
52 upvotes
fyi process to open a joint account:

Thank you for your Manulife Bank Inquiry.
As per your request there are two different ways you can make your account joint. The quickest and easiest option would be to just go to an Advisor that sells Manulife products locally and having them fill out and send in the paperwork to add a joint account holder to your account. If you do not already have an Advisor, you can find one easily just by going to Manulifebank.ca and scroll down on the main page till you see “Find an ABM or Advisor in your area” and putting in your postal code.
Noe the second option which can be just as quick or much longer depending on a few steps. You and your joint account holder would both open an account online at Advantageaccount.ca and if they go both are open right away you can just give us a call together and we would ask you some questions before finishing the process. Once that is complete we will add the joint account holder to your account as well as close theirs.
Now please note that if your or your joint account holder gets put on manual review when set up online, you will have to wait until both accounts are off hold and active.

Hope that helps!
Thanks,
Will H

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 7 guests)

adrian2