Hot Deals

[Manulife] Manulife Bank Advantage Account 1.5% with end of 3.35%/3.25% promotional period ***Updated July 17, 2019***

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 9:39 pm
Feb 28, 2015
574 posts
134 upvotes
Montreal, QC
anyone knows whats the limit, pulling from RBC?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1123 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
nahsha wrote:
May 18th, 2019 11:23 am
anyone knows whats the limit, pulling from RBC?
I pulled multiple of $50K in the same day
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15907 posts
8220 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
flyjazz wrote:
May 18th, 2019 5:25 pm
The 3.35% offer link is still live and from what I've read elsewhere has been extended until the 15th of July, YMMV.

https://www.manulifebank.ca/campaign/gr ... #advantage
Not only that but when you phone in to activate your shiny new bank card, while you're on hold there's an announcement about the 3.35% promo rate on the Advantage account.
veni, vidi, Visa
Apr 26, 2019
43 posts
53 upvotes
dsren95 wrote:
May 17th, 2019 10:26 pm
Hi, bylo.
Good points about the 100K in CDIC. That reminders me I should watch that limit.
I think I'd better to call company to ask what is the best way. If I find, I will post it here.
The purpose of my question is not about how many interest you lose or gain, it is about what is the "correct" way to do it. And that correct way will be used in the future.
I am sorry about the changes of my question if that offends you. and thanks for your reply, have a good night
Yeaaaaah thats the ticket!!!! Careful of that CDIC limit when you are pretending you might exceed it ;-)
May 16, 2019
5 posts
8 upvotes
Hi everyone! I represent Manulife Bank and just wanted to jump in to clear up a few things.

We’re thrilled with the excitement generated with our offers. We’ve noted some questions in this forum that we thought we could help with.

The 3.35% promotional offer is reserved for Manulife Group Benefits and Group Retirement Plan members. If you have an existing Group Benefits or a Group Retirement Plan with Manulife, congratulations - you’re eligible! If you’re not an existing member, we currently have a 3.25% offer available. You can apply here. Terms and conditions of the offer are available here.

Not only do you get a fantastic rate with our Advantage Account, but you also get the flexibility of a chequing account, free unlimited daily banking transactions when you keep at least a $1,000 balance and easy withdrawals at over 3,600 bank machines that are part of the Exchange Network.

We want to thank those of you who spoke positively about Manulife Bank. If you still have questions or you’d like more information about Manulife Bank, feel free to review our fact sheet.

Visit manulifebank.ca or contact us to learn more.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
4668 posts
1528 upvotes
suziecute wrote:
May 21st, 2019 6:18 pm
Here is the link to their Services and Fees Guide https://repsourcepublic.manulife.com/wp ... d3-mdun6x2

It says Interact e-Transfer is free under Deposits but it costs $1.00 if you are doing a Withdrawal by Interact e- Transfer.
Thanks for highlighting this. Are we safe to assume that the $1.00 fee for withdrawals is waived if we keep a minimum of $1,000 in the account?
May 23, 2008
589 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
I set up an account, but when I try to log in online, it says "Either the Access Number or Password you entered is invalid. Please try again or use the "Forgot Password?" link below.".
And when I try to set up the Android app, it lets me log in ( with the access # and password that the online page rejects), but then asks for 3 security questions, then when I hit submit, it kicks me out of the app and makes me log in and set questions again, in a never ending loop.

Don't think I'll trust these guys with online access to my funds!

On edit:
They replied:
”Looking into your request I have found that you would need to set everything up for your password ans security questions through our website before you will be able to get on the app. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."
Last edited by Avignon on May 25th, 2019 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 26, 2019
43 posts
53 upvotes
Avignon wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 7:58 pm
I set up an account, but when I try to log in online, it says "Either the Access Number or Password you entered is invalid. Please try again or use the "Forgot Password?" link below.".
And when I try to set up the Android app, it lets me log in ( with the access # and password that the online page rejects), but then asks for 3 security questions, then when I hit submit, it kicks me out of the app and makes me log in and set questions again, in a never ending loop.

Don't think I'll trust these guys with online access to my funds!
Problems probably a glitch on your end. I've never had a problem....then again I don't use apps....even TD's app is horribly unstable.
Jul 16, 2004
106 posts
Toronto
Does anyone know how long it takes for Manulife to mail out the debit card? I opened my account 2 weeks ago and still haven't received my card yet. thanks
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15907 posts
8220 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
tmac0001 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 9:19 pm
Does anyone know how long it takes for Manulife to mail out the debit card? I opened my account 2 weeks ago and still haven't received my card yet. thanks
Have you received an email from them with Subject, "Welcome to Manulife Bank - your Advantage Account is ready for use!"? Once you do it will take about 10 days to get the debit card. The PIN is sent in a separate mailing that should arrive about the same time.
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 13, 2013
404 posts
116 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
manulifebank wrote:
May 21st, 2019 9:03 am
Hi everyone! I represent Manulife Bank and just wanted to jump in to clear up a few things.

We’re thrilled with the excitement generated with our offers. We’ve noted some questions in this forum that we thought we could help with.

The 3.35% promotional offer is reserved for Manulife Group Benefits and Group Retirement Plan members. If you have an existing Group Benefits or a Group Retirement Plan with Manulife, congratulations - you’re eligible! If you’re not an existing member, we currently have a 3.25% offer available. You can apply here. Terms and conditions of the offer are available here.

Not only do you get a fantastic rate with our Advantage Account, but you also get the flexibility of a chequing account, free unlimited daily banking transactions when you keep at least a $1,000 balance and easy withdrawals at over 3,600 bank machines that are part of the Exchange Network.

We want to thank those of you who spoke positively about Manulife Bank. If you still have questions or you’d like more information about Manulife Bank, feel free to review our fact sheet.

Thanks for the details.

Once hesitattion I have opening an account with Manulife is, how do you get a bank draft from Manulife or lets say if you want to withdraw large amount of money, how do you do that. Is there a physcial branch?

I ask this becuase we might be buying a house in near future and need a bank which has a physical branch. We ran into some issues with Tangerine bank in the past and dont want to get into similar experience.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15907 posts
8220 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
manulifebank wrote:
Thanks for chiming in and welcome to RFD.

One question that has come up repeatedly on this thread is when does interest start to accrue in the Advantage account when you do a cheque deposite or transfer funds from an external account? Is it when the money arrives at Manulife or when the funds hold is lifted several days later? I'm 99.99% sure it's the former, but it would be reassuring to others if Manulife would confirm it.

Similar question when you do a transfer into an Advantage from an external account using the Manulife website. Does interest start or accrue when you initiate the transfer or when the funds arrive from the external account?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
4668 posts
1528 upvotes
manulifebank wrote:

Perhaps you could help with this question:

Thanks for highlighting this. Are we safe to assume that the $1.00 fee for withdrawals is waived if we keep a minimum of $1,000 in the account?

Thank you!

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

FatSheep