Expired Hot Deals

[Manulife] Manulife Bank Advantage Account 1.5% with end of 3.35%/3.25% promotional period ***Updated July 17, 2019***

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2019 1:56 am
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1590 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
Zapzoid wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 10:47 pm
Was procrastinating on this for months haha, finally signed up, took seconds to be approved!
Not sure why I haven’t been approved yet. Signed up online on Sunday morning and received email saying my application is being reviewed.
Tuesday morning and still no word.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16167 posts
8503 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Britex wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 9:10 pm
After 6 months, if no competitive offer afterwards then I plan to clear the account out completely. If you leave a balance then they can start charging inactivity fees by deducting from your balance. If there is no balance then the only option they have is to close your account. I can't imagine it making logical or economical sense to pursue you for inactivity fees.
Years ago Scotia wanted to charge me $25 to close an account because it was less than 1 year (or whatever) old. So I asked the teller to withdraw all but 1¢. She smiled at me as she peeled off the bills. I never heard from them again. I've since opened accounts with Scotia without any issues.

So yes, it pays, in this case $24.99, to deal with silly rules in creative ways ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
Mar 14, 2014
248 posts
287 upvotes
The 3.25% promotion has now ended as the OP link takes you to the Manulife website where it indicates a rate of 1.5%. Strangely enough, the unofficial 3.35% link is still active, anyone want to guess why that is? The promotional enrolment end date was July 15th for the public 3.25% promo and the 3.35% offer was originally targeted at certain groups, apparently alluding to a similar end date.

https://client.manulifebank.com/edo/#/p ... 1563294080
Dec 31, 2008
295 posts
208 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Has anyone signed up using the 3.35% link recently? I signed up last week, but the interest rate shows as 1.5%. I checked both the app and the website (I know that was mentioned earlier as an issue), but I see 1.5% in both places.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2173 posts
2386 upvotes
flyjazz wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 2:13 pm
The 3.25% promotion has now ended as the OP link takes you to the Manulife website where it indicates a rate of 1.5%. Strangely enough, the unofficial 3.35% link is still active, anyone want to guess why that is? The promotional enrolment end date was July 15th for the public 3.25% promo and the 3.35% offer was originally targeted at certain groups, apparently alluding to a similar end date.

https://client.manulifebank.com/edo/#/p ... 1563294080
You da man, I got depressed seeing the 3.25% link down. And I saw ur link, thank you.
When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Aug 29, 2017
70 posts
9 upvotes
Can you link an external account to your Manulife Bank account through micro-deposits?
Mar 23, 2009
481 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if you opened your account before the 100k cap, if you can continue to contribute new money and earn the bonus interest? Eg. Bal is $150k, and today you put in $50k more... Will that $50k earn the bonus interest too? Or it doesn't apply to any new money?
Oct 8, 2006
464 posts
233 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
astroboy100 wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 9:00 pm
Anyone know if you opened your account before the 100k cap, if you can continue to contribute new money and earn the bonus interest? Eg. Bal is $150k, and today you put in $50k more... Will that $50k earn the bonus interest too? Or it doesn't apply to any new money?
I believe if you opened before the $100K cap, you can invest up to $500 K and get the promo interest rate. You should just phone in to confirm but I'm pretty sure you will be ok.
Aug 29, 2017
70 posts
9 upvotes
I'm not a Manulife Group Benefits member, but signed up for the Advantage Account through the link posted on this thread last week. Does that mean the promotional 3.35% interest doesn't apply?
Oct 8, 2006
464 posts
233 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
redflagcat wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 9:31 pm
I'm not a Manulife Group Benefits member, but signed up for the Advantage Account through the link posted on this thread last week. Does that mean the promotional 3.35% interest doesn't apply?
Sign on via your online account - click on your account number - it will then show a page indicating what your interest rate is - most will show a 1.5% rate plus a promo rate of l.8% or 1.7%, depending on when you applied. It will also confirm the promo period
Jan 23, 2018
185 posts
223 upvotes
redflagcat wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 8:59 pm
Can you link an external account to your Manulife Bank account through micro-deposits?
Not from the Manulife side, because you have to provide either a void cheque or a PAD -- just pinging an external account for validation isn't one of your choices
Aug 29, 2017
70 posts
9 upvotes
happy camper wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 9:39 pm
Sign on via your online account - click on your account number - it will then show a page indicating what your interest rate is - most will show a 1.5% rate plus a promo rate of l.8% or 1.7%, depending on when you applied. It will also confirm the promo period
Thanks!

My profile says the promotional interest rate is 1.85%, but technically I'm not eligible as I'm not a group benefits member. I found it out after the fact.

Will Manulife Bank honour the promotional interest regardless? Has anyone here who is not a group benefits member been paid the promotional interest?
Oct 8, 2006
464 posts
233 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
redflagcat wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 10:22 pm
Thanks!

My profile says the promotional interest rate is 1.85%, but technically I'm not eligible as I'm not a group benefits member. I found it out after the fact.

Will Manulife Bank honour the promotional interest regardless? Has anyone here who is not a group benefits member been paid the promotional interest?
Yes, I think very few of us are actual group benefits members but I have received the promo interest credited to my bank account. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jan 7, 2014
801 posts
229 upvotes
calgary
i transfered 2 50k on advantage account.
after 6 months its still 1.5 %. i think im leaving it there
Jul 21, 2011
67 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
How long does it take Manulife to completely clear a deposited cheque? I deposited a cheque from TD last weekend but it's still not showing in my available balance.