Hot Deals

[Manulife] Manulife Bank HISA 182 days 3.25% [on new Advantage Account deposits] ***Updated April 30, 2019***

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2019 8:09 pm
Oct 8, 2006
450 posts
223 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
melcon wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 3:51 pm
Look at #847
thats what he said
excerpt from Manulife site right now:

interest paid for first 182 days - *3.25% promotional rate is for a new personal, non-registered, Canadian-dollar Advantage Account. The promotional interest rate is made up of the regular posted annual variable interest rate of 1.50% and the variable annual promotional rate of 1.75%. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly on net new deposits for the first 182 days (6 months) after account opening to a maximum of $100,000. Any change to the regular interest rate will result in a corresponding change to the promotional interest rate. The offer is limited to one account per client and cannot be combined with other offers. The offer and rates are as of June 18, 2019 and subject to change without notice.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3906 posts
1659 upvotes
agit wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 4:06 pm
My co-worker open an account with Manulife in May and deposited 100K Tangerine cheque to be within the CDIC, today he received a letter from Manulife Bank asking him to complete Source of Funds Declaration https://repsourcepublic.manulife.com/wp ... 4c-mIfG2fq

it is kind unusual when transfer $$$ by check or ETF from a Canadian bank, anyone got the above letter thanks just wondering
Someone's cheque payable to your friend? if his/her own cheque, then not sure why he/she needs to declare
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1806 posts
826 upvotes
GTA
melcon wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 3:51 pm
Look at #847
thats what he said
No, post#847 by Sauerkraut does not in any way state the promotion is lasting a year. The closest is it states an annual rate, which all banks do. It's rather annoying that even though the mistake is on you, you still insist it was based on what another user said.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8035 posts
961 upvotes
mkl38s wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 4:26 pm
Someone's cheque payable to your friend? if his/her own cheque, then not sure why he/she needs to declare
Chances are the names on the cheque and the account don't match to a "t" and it may look like it's coming from somewhere else. If the address is different that could be a trigger too.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Apr 19, 2016
28 posts
12 upvotes
Has anyone been having problems with the bank's Interac transfer? I'm trying to send one but I kept on getting this:
"The Interac e-Transfer service is currently unavailable. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience."
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2337 posts
437 upvotes
Montreal
matalino wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 3:23 pm
Has anyone been having problems with the bank's Interac transfer? I'm trying to send one but I kept on getting this:
"The Interac e-Transfer service is currently unavailable. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience."
I have the same problem and I urgently need to make one!!
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/16 @ 2666mhz | MSI Armor RTX 2070 | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe M.2 | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 2S |
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1707 posts
314 upvotes
matalino wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 3:23 pm
Update from their website regarding Interac eTransfers: Recent major road construction near one of our data centres has accidently disrupted telecommunication service used for our Interac eTransfers. Because of this, Interac eTransfers are currently unavailable. We are working with the telecom companies to restore service as quickly as possible, but don't have a timeline at the moment. Other Interac services are unaffected. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3906 posts
1659 upvotes
this affects all banks Interact eTransfer and no just ML. I saw the notice from TD and Scotia too
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1907 posts
537 upvotes
agit wrote:
Jun 19th, 2019 4:06 pm
My co-worker open an account with Manulife in May and deposited 100K Tangerine cheque to be within the CDIC, today he received a letter from Manulife Bank asking him to complete Source of Funds Declaration https://repsourcepublic.manulife.com/wp ... 4c-mIfG2fq

it is kind unusual when transfer $$$ by check or ETF from a Canadian bank, anyone got the above letter thanks just wondering

Why didn't he just link and transfer
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
4665 posts
1527 upvotes
mkl38s wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 8:17 am
this affects all banks Interact eTransfer and no just ML. I saw the notice from TD and Scotia too
Does anyone know if this is working yet? Is there a link somewhere to status updates for this? Thanks in advance!
Aug 11, 2008
851 posts
204 upvotes
Is there any fee for Canadian bank to bank transfers?
Dec 11, 2009
457 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey,

If I have a bit more than 100K to move what's the best way? Make 2 cheques?
What's the "free" way to move money from RBC Direct Invest into this account? If I write a cheque how can I depois in this Manulife account?

Thanks.
Oct 8, 2006
450 posts
223 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
MoreDealsPlease wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 7:59 pm
Hey,

What's the "free" way to move money from RBC Direct Invest into this account? If I write a cheque how can I depois in this Manulife account?

Thanks.
When your account has been opened online, download the Manulife mobile banking app, take a pic of your cheque and deposit online - not sure if there is a maximum limit but I deposited a cheque around $50k.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3906 posts
1659 upvotes
MoreDealsPlease wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2019 7:59 pm
Hey,

Thanks.
link your ML account with RBC and after it's ready, pull from RBC into ML (from ML side) 3 times I guess if you have > $100K as there is $50K limit on each pull (you can set up multiple pulls in a day)