• Aug 13th, 2017 9:38 am
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1170 posts
351 upvotes
New York City
GurungBoi wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 4:59 pm
man i hate the fact that it has to be on a reward redemption.
i wonder if i can priority my way in from Tokyo to Seoul using asiana airlines
You can always pay for lounge access, worth it for long layovers at international terminals in Asia.

Won't be able to priority yourself in Tokyo. I find Asians more "strict" and adhere to policies. The separation of the classes is very apparent in Asia.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6903 posts
1485 upvotes
Toronto
You can also get the BMO World Elite MC, which will give you Priority Pass membership and 4 visits per year. You can also bring up to 2 guests to the PP lounge.
Feb 4, 2017
49 posts
20 upvotes
$80,000 minimum income though. I was recently declined for this card despite having a near perfect credit rating because of this.
Sep 29, 2007
424 posts
66 upvotes
Very rude agent just denied us access with the card. Booked on aero plan and have layover. She claims it is only for departure flights. I asked for proof and she showed me t&c of Ted aero card. I said it says nothing about departures. She said her decision is final and no I can't talk to manager. Pretty livid right now
Sep 29, 2007
424 posts
66 upvotes
I should be clear that our second flight is on Lufthansa but the 9 hour flight to get here was on ac metal. I've never heard of it only applying to departures though?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28448 posts
4420 upvotes
Ottawa
retireat50 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 7:42 am
I should be clear that our second flight is on Lufthansa but the 9 hour flight to get here was on ac metal. I've never heard of it only applying to departures though?
To be fair, it is a pass that you give at the entrance of AC lounge. Once used, it is no longer valid.
It's alright if you don't agree with me... I can't force you to be right. - Anonymous
Sep 29, 2007
424 posts
66 upvotes
TD Aero visa definitely has lounge access and she was actually reading right off a script for me about td card access and nowhere on their site nor on the thing she was reading did it restrict usage to only for departures. I booked on air canada aero plan site so to me the entire flight is operated by air Canada. As far as I know TD no longer actually gives you a physical pass to these lounges any more, you just have to show the card which I did
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
20496 posts
3167 upvotes
Waterloo
retireat50 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 7:42 am
What was your exact routing? where did you try to use it? YYZ Domestic/USA/Int'l?

Most lounge access are DEPARTURES only with same-day boarding pass. Very few airports have ARRIVAL lounges
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 25K
[OP]
Apr 22, 2012
536 posts
59 upvotes
TORONTO
I have no problem to access to the MLL at Vancouver when I arrive from HKG and transit to Toronto. But the Lounge is located at departure area. It just happened in May 2017. I only spend 15 minutes there to grab a sandwich because it was final calling for my connection flight.
I dont foresee to use AC flight this year. So good use of the Lounge for a sandwich.
Sep 29, 2007
424 posts
66 upvotes
jerryhung wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 9:08 am
What was your exact routing? where did you try to use it? YYZ Domestic/USA/Int'l?

Most lounge access are DEPARTURES only with same-day boarding pass. Very few airports have ARRIVAL lounges
Yet no one can show me anywhere the exact t and c wording that it is only for departures.
Nov 14, 2004
99 posts
16 upvotes
Kelowna
retireat50 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:40 pm
Yet no one can show me anywhere the exact t and c wording that it is only for departures.
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... unges.html

Under Admittance Terms and Conditions, it says:
"Maple Leaf Lounges are reserved for customers departing on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, Air Canada Express or Air Canada codeshare flight, or on a Star Alliance member airline flight. Exception: Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K and Elite 50K members as well as their qualifying guests may access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges at airports in Canada and the U.S. upon arriving on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight."

We have a Maple Leaf Club Worldwide membership and we fly Air Canada 95% of the time and we've never been denied access when we try to access the lounge PRIOR to departure. Many of our flights are layovers and during our stops in-between, we also access the lounge. Mind you, we're not connecting via another flight provider, it's always been with Air Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7138 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
Air Canada Benefit Eligibility – Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Access Benefit: With the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite * Card, the Primary Cardholder will receive one Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Access Benefit once every calendar year (January 1- December 31). The Primary Cardholder may access an Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, where available, upon presentation of an active TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card with a valid, same-day boarding pass for travel using an Aeroplan flight reward, only, on a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or under the Air Canada express banner.

I think your issue was that your next flight was operated by lufthansa. Not an expert but it appears agent was correct

I'm sure it was frustrating try not to let it ruin your holiday. MLL isn't that great anyways
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Sep 9, 2017
1 posts
I have a TD Aeroplan Visa and a CIBC Aeroplan Visa, too. Would that allow me two MLL visits a year by presenting each card at different times? (Both cards offer one annual MLL entry.) Or does MLL simply look me up via my Aeroplan number and say, "Sorry, one visit per year"? Thanks!