• Dec 1st, 2004 11:15 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 2, 2004
331 posts
39 upvotes

marble pop

I saw a couple of guys order this at Taste of Japan. I've never seen anything like it. Can someone tell me what it is exactly? Is it tasty? Where do they sell them?

Cheers!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1859 posts
161 upvotes
Central Ontario
It tastes a lot like cream soda. I like it, but it is way overpriced. Our local sushi places charge $3/bottle for it.
Mar 10, 2003
211 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
shadomoon wrote:I saw a couple of guys order this at Taste of Japan. I've never seen anything like it. Can someone tell me what it is exactly? Is it tasty? Where do they sell them?

Cheers!
the marble just makes the drink messy..

when it drops down to the bottom of the bottle, it makes the drink spill over when it fizzles up.
Mok
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2002
1859 posts
161 upvotes
Central Ontario
Yup, had that happen before :)

Also, the bottles are very small. Only 200ml or so.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2004
3888 posts
272 upvotes
those pops usually come in a glass bottle with a marble near the top, usually bout 2 bucks.
Oct 12, 2004
475 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
they're called "ramune" in japanese.
they come in quite a few different flavours.
i love them! especially the peach flavoured ones. :D i was addicted to these for awhile.. expensive habit.
i've never made a mess opening the bottle, it's fun, hehe.

you can buy them at first markham place, any of those snack stores with the fridges usually have them. one of the bakeries there has them too. pacific mall has a bunch of stores with them. :) also, yeah, chinese and japanese supermarkets sell them.

there's also ramune candy that's kinda like that old school fizz candy that just fizzles in your mouth and feels funky. :D it's stronger than "fizz" though.