Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

March 16 - March 22 Grocery Flyer Highlights of Ontario (Weekly Updated)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2012 7:05 pm
135 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2086 posts
1467 upvotes
Waterloo
Ahhhh this thread, this thread, this thread. I have been thinking a lot about it lately. It got moved into the expired deals and that kind of ignited a spark within me when I received the PM.

Have been thinking about it a hell of a lot lately and have been planning a resurrection for this week or next. School is done now so time is abundant for myself.

If you would like to take a run at this, then give 'er, and if not I can go back to doing it.
The OG grocery thread that inspired all others ⇩

Living in Ontario and Looking to save money on groceries? Check out my Grocery Flyer Highlight Thread Here!
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2009
4418 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Baconator wrote: Ahhhh this thread, this thread, this thread. I have been thinking a lot about it lately. It got moved into the expired deals and that kind of ignited a spark within me when I received the PM.

Have been thinking about it a hell of a lot lately and have been planning a resurrection for this week or next. School is done now so time is abundant for myself.

If you would like to take a run at this, then give 'er, and if not I can go back to doing it.

bring it back dude!

like terminator 2, the sequel will be even better :cheesygri
Apr 21, 2011
208 posts
206 upvotes
Kitchener
I'm glad to see you here dude! I don't mind keeping this thread alive, as I'm price matching my groceries each week. I'm hoping to contribute and welcome any suggestions/collaboration. As I mentioned in the top post, been a real fan and have appreciated your efforts a lot.
Baconator wrote: Ahhhh this thread, this thread, this thread. I have been thinking a lot about it lately. It got moved into the expired deals and that kind of ignited a spark within me when I received the PM.

Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2086 posts
1467 upvotes
Waterloo
got_it_4_cheap wrote: bring it back dude!

like terminator 2, the sequel will be even better :cheesygri
Lmao, the sequel is always better :lol:

It looks like the bringing back has been brought!
dealcruzer wrote: I'm glad to see you here dude! I don't mind keeping this thread alive, as I'm price matching my groceries each week. I'm hoping to contribute and welcome any suggestions/collaboration. As I mentioned in the top post, been a real fan and have appreciated your efforts a lot.

Lmao, I've never had a fan before!!
The OG grocery thread that inspired all others ⇩

Living in Ontario and Looking to save money on groceries? Check out my Grocery Flyer Highlight Thread Here!
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4927 posts
17525 upvotes
TORONTO
I cant find the $1 2L bottles on FreshCo's Flyer ..
Apr 21, 2011
208 posts
206 upvotes
Kitchener
..Top half of the cover page
anon_s wrote: I cant find the $1 2L bottles on FreshCo's Flyer ..
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1222 posts
293 upvotes
Oshawa
anon_s wrote: I cant find the $1 2L bottles on FreshCo's Flyer ..
dealcruzer wrote: ..Top half of the cover page

This is likely only in select areas as I did not see the pop or chicken legs until I put in the Waterloo store as the default. When Oshawa was the default it did not show this.
Apr 21, 2011
208 posts
206 upvotes
Kitchener
venividivici wrote: This is likely only in select areas as I did not see the pop or chicken legs until I put in the Waterloo store as the default. When Oshawa was the default it did not show this.

Thanks! Didn't know Freshco did city-based flyers. Updated the note on Freshco..
Apr 24, 2011
3 posts
LONDON
I just joined this forum today so that I could respond to this thread. I had made it my mission just this week, to try to price match on my groceries, and I just finished going through my flyers to mark down the lowest prices, and which store had them! I work with a girl who tried this for her first time just two weeks ago, and when she was telling me how easy it was, I pretty much just smacked my forhead and wondered why didn't I think of that....in fact even the lady that was in line behind her was gobsmacked to see her doing it! I plan on going out either later today or tomorrow, so wish me luck!
Apr 21, 2011
208 posts
206 upvotes
Kitchener
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to help you save some money. In fact, I too learned to price match my groceries here from the original thread! I used to shop around when buying my groceries, but saving a few trips means a lot to me.
McdRobin wrote: I just joined this forum today so that I could respond to this thread. I had made it my mission just this week, to try to price match on my groceries, and I just finished going through my flyers to mark down the lowest prices, and which store had them! I work with a girl who tried this for her first time just two weeks ago, and when she was telling me how easy it was, I pretty much just smacked my forhead and wondered why didn't I think of that....in fact even the lady that was in line behind her was gobsmacked to see her doing it! I plan on going out either later today or tomorrow, so wish me luck!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
1326 posts
44 upvotes
Mississauga
Metro has Ristorante pizzas for $3.33!
Apr 24, 2011
3 posts
LONDON
Thanks for the welcome, Dealcruzer....

Unfortunately, my first attempt was a complete bust! I started off at Loblaws, and went to the customer service desk to ask, and she flatly told me "no". Well, I wanted my Skippy peanut butter, so just got a select few things and left feeling defeated. :cry:

So I guess my question is this, what other stores will match? I know that Freshco will, but does Metro or Food Basics?
Apr 21, 2011
208 posts
206 upvotes
Kitchener
McdRobin wrote: Thanks for the welcome, Dealcruzer....

Unfortunately, my first attempt was a complete bust! I started off at Loblaws, and went to the customer service desk to ask, and she flatly told me "no". Well, I wanted my Skippy peanut butter, so just got a select few things and left feeling defeated. :cry:

So I guess my question is this, what other stores will match? I know that Freshco will, but does Metro or Food Basics?

I thought you read the whole post. Hopefully next time ;)
Quote from OP:
- Walmart, No Frills, Freshco, and Zellers all have price matching policies
Apr 24, 2011
3 posts
LONDON
dealcruzer wrote: I thought you read the whole post. Hopefully next time ;)
Quote from OP:

my bad....live and learn. :razz:
Apr 21, 2011
208 posts
206 upvotes
Kitchener
Update begun for week of April 29th till May 5th.
Feb 14, 2006
344 posts
81 upvotes
been wondering when nestea would be on sale again, usually no frills does it 2-3 times a year.

Thank you for these updates, love them.