• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 12:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3823 posts
558 upvotes
So, dear KD, you're arguing about your variable definition of ALOT (first, ALOT of users, then ALOT of non casual users) which, regardless, will always fall in the "minority of users" I initially mentioned. Fascinating stuff... Even funnier that you think you're telling me "what the reality will be" when I bet you aren't a user and you know little to nothing about growing...
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4135 posts
409 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 4:33 pm
So, dear KD, you're arguing about your variable definition of ALOT (first, ALOT of users, then ALOT of non casual users) which, regardless, will always fall in the "minority of users" I initially mentioned. Fascinating stuff... Even funnier that you think you're telling me "what the reality will be" when I bet you aren't a user and you know little to nothing about growing...
ALOT is not a word, regardless of how much you caps it
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4679 posts
333 upvotes
I wonder what would stop people from smoking pot in their apartment which would foul the entire building. Regardless their health "benefits", pot smells worse than cigarettes. Detached houses will see anither huge jump next year.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2083 posts
101 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 5:14 pm
I wonder what would stop people from smoking pot in their apartment which would foul the entire building. Regardless their health "benefits", pot smells worse than cigarettes. Detached houses will see anither huge jump next year.
If the scent sticks to my clothes then forget about it.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3823 posts
558 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 5:14 pm
Smoking joints is a terribly wasteful and inefficient way of consuming weed. Not to mention the smell and the harmful crap you inhale from combustion. Most people I know use vape pens which hardly give any smell, and even then, it dissipates quickly. Plus, half your weed doesn't go up in smoke (pun intended).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 22, 2005
8430 posts
47 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I'll wager growing your own will be a fad. Once people discover that the cost and effort involved and the quality of homegrown weed is low then you'll see lots of growing equipment on Kijiji.

How much pot can four plants produce?
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3823 posts
558 upvotes
Too many variables to answer that question. Experienced growers can get 1g of dry herb per watt (of light). But generally speaking, indoors, with the right knowledge/equipment, if you get 2 ounces/plant, you're doing good. But strain/genetics, space, nutrients, etc... all play a factor. For example, auto-flowering plants are easier to grow but usually yield less.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 22, 2005
8430 posts
47 upvotes
Oakville, ON
JustBob wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 8:33 pm
Too many variables to answer that question. Experienced growers can get 1g of dry herb per watt (of light). But generally speaking, indoors, with the right knowledge/equipment, if you get 2 ounces/plant, you're doing good. But strain/genetics, space, nutrients, etc... all play a factor. For example, auto-flowering plants are easier to grow but usually yield less.
Assuming all goes as expected of course. Hobby growers probably won't get that I think.

I used to make my own beer and it was a ton of work just to get some decent brew. I can't see growing pot any easier if you're looking for good weed.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 4:33 pm
Im telling you what the reality will be because its already here. People are already growing.

I used to live in rexdale complex where there was a 15 apartment grow op going. Ran by gang members. INSIDE apartments.

Where do you think all these weed comes from?. They are coming from illegal grow ops. The only weed that I know of that comes from outside the country are the ones that came from jamaica and mexican brick(which I havent heard of in like 10+ years)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/medical ... -1.3716860
Phelan also ruled that around 28,000 patients who had been allowed to keep growing their own medical marijuana under a 2014 injunction could continue until these new rules are in place.
People who are SICK are already doing it legally. Dont tell me that this is "hard". These people have disabilities and can grow their own yet a fully healthy person cant?. This is pretty much what you are telling me.
I used to make my own beer and it was a ton of work just to get some decent brew.
Brewing is different than growing. An amateur can get a decent quality after a little while.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
king_george wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 6:34 pm
I'll wager growing your own will be a fad. Once people discover that the cost and effort involved and the quality of homegrown weed is low then you'll see lots of growing equipment on Kijiji.

How much pot can four plants produce?

You can get great quality from homegrown weed. If its decent, you can use it for edibles or just use the kief.

Simple set up. This guy has more than 4.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3823 posts
558 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 11:54 pm
Im telling you what the reality will be because its already here. People are already growing.

I used to live in rexdale complex where there was a 15 apartment grow op going. Ran by gang members. INSIDE apartments.

Where do you think all these weed comes from?. They are coming from illegal grow ops. The only weed that I know of that comes from outside the country are the ones that came from jamaica and mexican brick(which I havent heard of in like 10+ years)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/medical ... -1.3716860

People who are SICK are already doing it legally. Dont tell me that this is "hard". These people have disabilities and can grow their own yet a fully healthy person cant?. This is pretty much what you are telling me.
No it's not. And you typed all that, when I pretty much pointed out above that we are saying the exact same thing, there will be pot growers but they will be a minority. To me that's "some", and to you that's "ALOT". Now is it going to be 1-2-5-10-20% ? I don't know and neither do you.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 12:14 am
No it's not. And you typed all that, when I pretty much pointed out above that we are saying the exact same thing, there will be pot growers but they will be a minority. To me that's "some", and to you that's "ALOT". Now is it going to be 1-2-5-10-20% ? I don't know and neither do you.
So the argument here is how much the level of agreement we have with each other then?.

This is like the best argument ever. So Canadian. Smiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10105 posts
115 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 11:54 pm

Unless someone else is paying their energy costs, this is a very expensive way to grow compared to how large scale farms will do it.

Farmers of all types learned long ago the importance of scale in being competitive.

People who grow now may find it preferable to relatively high prices and the risks of being caught buying. Those things will change.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4679 posts
333 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 5:55 pm
Smoking joints is a terribly wasteful and inefficient way of consuming weed. Not to mention the smell and the harmful crap you inhale from combustion. Most people I know use vape pens which hardly give any smell, and even then, it dissipates quickly. Plus, half your weed doesn't go up in smoke (pun intended).
I am sure there are far more efficient way of getting nicotine in your system too, but most people smoke it because it's easy and it's the behavior not the chemical that attract people. How many people do you know use vape pens to smoke nicotine, which is doable and as you say, efficient (in killing yourself). If you can think straight and really care about efficiency, you wouldn't be smoking that stuff in the first place. I have never seen anybody claiming weed is 100% harmless, only that it's less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol, which is not saying much.

It does make a good policy question though. Would the government only legalize vape pens, but still ban smoking the stuff? I doubt it since they are doing this to buy votes, not as a sensible public policy.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6650 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto
Happy 420 to all the weed heads.:)

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

kenze