Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 2:23 pm
Who cares? I didn't say it kills people, I would be fine with it, I said it smells when smoked.

I don't care whether it helps people in pain. Advil doesn't smell.
I am all for people having the freedom to kill themselves however they choose.
This is what you said. We know what you are doing here and its not going to work anymore.
I said it smells when smoked.
And thats a legitimate concern but your other little comments there is nonsense.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4679 posts
333 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 2:30 pm
This is what you said. We know what you are doing here and its not going to work anymore.

And thats a legitimate concern but your other little comments there is nonsense.
You seems to think I care about the lives of pot smokers, I really don't. I only care about me and people I know.

So how do you plan to address "a legitimate concern"? Banning pot (and all other things) whenever people can smell it?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7014 posts
219 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 2:45 pm

So how do you plan to address "a legitimate concern"? Banning pot (and all other things) whenever people can smell it?
What do you mean how?. Its really simple. Treat it similar to tobacco. You cant smoke in school grounds, playgrounds, indoor places unless they have a permit.

Deal with life accordingly. Weed smell wont kill you. The disgusting vehicles on the street is much much more hurtful to you and the people you care about.
You seems to think I care about the lives of pot smokers, I really don't.

You seem to care about them. Why do you demonize it then?.
Last edited by kevindurant1 on Apr 24th, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
29009 posts
975 upvotes
Fernando Po
Archanfel wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 2:23 pm
Who cares? I didn't say it kills people, I would be fine with it, I said it smells when smoked.

I don't care whether it helps people in pain. Advil doesn't smell.

I wouldn't have a problem with making heroine legal even if it kills billions of people, as long as it does not smell. People should be able to do whatever they want as long as it does not impact others. Of course, in that case, I also would like drug users to be charged a higher health premium rather than basing it on income. However, if it does impact others, then it's up to the user to remove such impact or pay for it.
Your car smells and impacts my health. Should be banned and you pay higher health premiums for effecting my health.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3823 posts
558 upvotes
A boatload of stuff "smells". Hey, I want to ban some "ethnic cooking" because it stinks up the building!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4047 posts
1101 upvotes
Kingston, ON
george__ wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 6:44 pm
What about using a vaporizer?
Or edibles, or oils topically. There's all kinds of ways people will use legal marijuana other than lighting up a roach in the apartment next to you. People are more conscious of the harms of smoking than ever.
Jan 18, 2007
170 posts
15 upvotes
JustBob wrote:
Apr 24th, 2017 6:38 pm
A boatload of stuff "smells". Hey, I want to ban some "ethnic cooking" because it stinks up the building!
That's exactly what happened in the condo I'm in. A unit on the ground floor was lighting up pretty often and people complained as they had to pass by to get to the elevator. When the superintendent asked them to go outside the "ethnic cooking" card was played and the smell continues. It doesn't bother me and I've been using here for 2 years but with a vaporizer. Very little smell and it never leaks into the hall.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
20772 posts
1972 upvotes
Mike15 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 9:59 am
Or edibles, or oils topically. There's all kinds of ways people will use legal marijuana other than lighting up a roach in the apartment next to you. People are more conscious of the harms of smoking than ever.
Baking stinks the entire house and the neighbors will smell it

Worse than certain cuisines

... Will RFD have a deal section for this products?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5662 posts
220 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 9:52 am
The federal government is preparing a backup plan that would see it regulate the distribution and taxation of legal marijuana in provinces that are not ready in time for Ottawa's July, 2018, deadline.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/po ... e35383802/
Wow, what a spectacular failure. They've saddled the provinces with all the work and now when provinces are struggling with implementing a plan the federal government is going to sidestep them and mail people pot and collect the taxes?

Sunny ways...
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4047 posts
1101 upvotes
Kingston, ON
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jun 20th, 2017 12:25 pm
Wow, what a spectacular failure. They've saddled the provinces with all the work and now when provinces are struggling with implementing a plan the federal government is going to sidestep them and mail people pot and collect the taxes?

Sunny ways...
No, they've established a federal framework and left room for the provinces to tailor it to their taste, which is what the provinces do for alcohol distribution now (different age floors, distribution models, etc.). BUT they're not going to let provinces sidestep things completely by dragging their feet and not coming up with an implementation. Putting Canadians' liberty first, with a nod to distribution of powers within Confederation.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25087 posts
5552 upvotes
GTHA
Canadian police forces ask government to postpone legal marijuana date past July 2018
http://globalnews.ca/news/3736921/marij ... -postpone/
OTTAWA – Canada’s police services say there is zero chance they will be ready to enforce new laws for legalized pot by next summer.

Representatives from different police forces are appearing before the House of Commons health committee, which is studying the government’s bill to make marijuana legal.

Representatives from the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police, the Ontario Provincial Police and the Saskatoon Police Service also say they want the government to reconsider allowing people to grow pot at home, because it will be difficult to police and could make it easier for young people to obtain marijuana.

OPP Deputy Commissioner Rick Barnum says if the government doesn’t postpone the start date and allow police time to prepare and train their officers, there will be a window of six months to a year to allow organized crime to flourish and mistakes to be made.

The police say they also need more time and money to train officers to recognize and handle drug-impaired drivers.

The government introduced bill C-45 in the spring in preparation for an expected July 2018 date for adult Canadians to be allowed to buy pot at provincially mandated stores, possess up to 30 grams of marijuana or grow up to four plants at home.

© 2017 The Canadian Press

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

kenze