Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7203 posts
237 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 10:48 pm
Canadian police forces ask government to postpone legal marijuana date past July 2018
http://globalnews.ca/news/3736921/marij ... -postpone/
The police say they also need more time and money to train officers to recognize and handle drug-impaired drivers.
Marijuana have been illegal for a long long time and they still dont know how to handle drug-impaired drivers?. Yeah ok.

Either they are really really incompetent or there is a sinister reason why they want to do this. Are people really buying this nonsense?.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
May 22, 2016
821 posts
137 upvotes
Ontario
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:34 am
Marijuana have been illegal for a long long time and they still dont know how to handle drug-impaired drivers?. Yeah ok.

Either they are really really incompetent or there is a sinister reason why they want to do this. Are people really buying this nonsense?.
Do you have any idea how many impaired drivers get off on charges thanks to good lawyers. Would you want a person who is high kill a family member and then get off because the charges are dropped due to a cop making an error?

The sinister reason is the Liberals are rushing this just so they don't look bad when it comes to the next election.
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4264 posts
437 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:

They're power hungry. Anything that takes away even a miniscule part of their right to enforce is considered a detriment to their organization
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
4540 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
The police say they also need more time and money to train officers to recognize and handle drug-impaired drivers.
This sums up the article
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7203 posts
237 upvotes
webshark wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:22 am
Do you have any idea how many impaired drivers get off on charges thanks to good lawyers. Would you want a person who is high kill a family member and then get off because the charges are dropped due to a cop making an error?

The sinister reason is the Liberals are rushing this just so they don't look bad when it comes to the next election.
Are you serious or are you joking?. It doesnt matter if marijuana is legal today or not. Impaired driving is illegal. Are you telling me that all this time, cops havent figured out what an impaired driver looks like?.

It doesnt matter if they get off because they had good lawyers or not. That has nothing to do with enforcement. What you are suggesting is actually worse. It would not be just incompetence or human error. That means what they were doing before was useless. It was just a waste of time.

Pick one.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2949 posts
186 upvotes
Many times cops can not figure out legal and illegal search or justified/unjustified force. And even if the level is below the acceptable level they charge you with impaired driving. And dont forget constitutional right violated.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
May 22, 2016
821 posts
137 upvotes
Ontario
Clearly you have no clue. If you think cops arrest ppl because "they look impaired" you are clueless. Go read the criminal code. Educate yourself on the law and your basic rights.

Maybe you shouldn't be bashing cops all the time if you have no idea what they are do.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
2472 posts
312 upvotes
Scarborough
webshark wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:22 am

lol, always these alarmists trying to scare people. A stoner who is trashed out of his mind is likely to wipe out a family, but the drunk who can do those things already is not a problem? Don't be a hypocrite, people can die for all sorts of reasons. Maybe we should ban all these things, so your personal safety can be guaranteed?

If you don't like people having certain freedoms, you can always move. The nearest jungle is still available.

Theres only ONE real freedoms i'm 100% against giving to people. Spreading lies and propoganda/brainwashing about any subject or topic should always remain illegal and a charge of treason applied. Everything else i'm fine with depending on circumstances and the degree of it.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28254 posts
4221 upvotes
Ottawa
kevindurant1 wrote:

Yea OK...typical wise ass comment, but do you know how to enforce it? How to detect it? Are oyu "yeah OK, being on the road with marijuana impaired drivers? While you may be on the road with drunks, at least with alcohol, there is legal and verifiable detection method.
Is it solipsistic here? Or is it just me?
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7203 posts
237 upvotes
webshark wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 12:36 am
Clearly you have no clue. If you think cops arrest ppl because "they look impaired" you are clueless. Go read the criminal code. Educate yourself on the law and your basic rights.

Maybe you shouldn't be bashing cops all the time if you have no idea what they are do.

Pete_Coach wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 1:11 pm
Yea OK...typical wise ass comment, but do you know how to enforce it? How to detect it? Are oyu "yeah OK, being on the road with marijuana impaired drivers? While you may be on the road with drunks, at least with alcohol, there is legal and verifiable detection method.
Its not my job to know how to enforce it. Its their job. That is the whole point. If they still do not know what an impaired driver looks like then what have they been doing all this time?. AGAIN, it doesnt matter if a substance is legal or illegal. They could be taking a prescribed medicine.

Its ILLEGAL to drive when you are impaired. Are you really telling me you believe that they need more time and money to figure this out?. You cant be serious.
May 22, 2016
821 posts
137 upvotes
Ontario
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 8:16 pm
Its not my job to know how to enforce it. Its their job. That is the whole point. If they still do not know what an impaired driver looks like then what have they been doing all this time?. AGAIN, it doesnt matter if a substance is legal or illegal. They could be taking a prescribed medicine.

Its ILLEGAL to drive when you are impaired. Are you really telling me you believe that they need more time and money to figure this out?. You cant be serious.

You should go watch a trial and learn about the law. Watch a defense lawyer rip apart a cop for having no proof somebody is impaired.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
28254 posts
4221 upvotes
Ottawa
kevindurant1 wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 8:16 pm

That is correct and the only sensible thing you have said.
Point is and was, there is no viable detection methodology for drugs, regardless what type. It is up to the officers expericne, training and yes, discretion. Thing is that those are not definitive like a breathalyzer and the person can get off. Hence, the Police have a problem.
So, without making idiotic statements such as yours, yes, they need more time to come up with a definitive test to ensure enforcement is effective.
Is it solipsistic here? Or is it just me?
Jul 4, 2015
789 posts
189 upvotes
Stouffville
The Ontario government can REALLY mess this thing up by only making medical legal, and not recreational.

I have a medical license, and some of the medical stuff is good, but sometimes you just want to smoke some recreational stuff so you can be silly & laugh - nothing wrong with that. Until that happens, a black market will exist.

The proper way to do it is like Colorado. Allow open competition, bars, cafes, etc to operate, and tax it all.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2949 posts
186 upvotes
TagYoureIt wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 5:48 pm
The Ontario government can REALLY mess this thing up by only making medical legal, and not recreational.

I have a medical license, and some of the medical stuff is good, but sometimes you just want to smoke some recreational stuff so you can be silly & laugh - nothing wrong with that. Until that happens, a black market will exist.

The proper way to do it is like Colorado. Allow open competition, bars, cafes, etc to operate, and tax it all.
I doubt that. Its Feral pot law, not yet but soon. So they cant do This.
Adults 18 and older will be able to legally buy and cultivate small amounts of marijuana for personal use, while selling the drug to a minor will become a serious new criminal offence under the federal Liberal government’s proposed new legal-pot regime.
The new law would allow adults 18 and over to possess up to 30 grams of dried cannabis or its equivalent in public, share up to 30 grams of dried marijuana with other adults and buy cannabis or cannabis oil from a provincially regulated retailer.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2949 posts
186 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 6:02 pm
Given how ridiculous taxes are in Ontario (and how they're undoubtedly slobbering all over the tax prospects of this, spending it in their heads already),
LOL so true.
And if it were NDP leaning politicians they spend first. And then dream of taxing voters everywhere they can. So they can spend it again.