Sep 21, 2010
7378 posts
923 upvotes
Toronto
AndySixx wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 11:27 am
"I'm a very good boy"
"If one smokes it they get cancer"

Blissful ignorance, is that what "a good boy" is? Imagine the terrible people who are actually prescribed weed by their doctor. Face With Tears Of Joy

Like wine, weed has benefits. Like wine, it also has downsides. Too much wine will destroy your liver just like any other alcohol.

Like all things, moderation. No one can definitively say if you would even get cancer from a lifetime of smoking weed every day. Extremely few ever get it. On the other hand, alcohol abuse, which includes wine, is a serious problem, and the destruction of vital organs (liver, heart, etc.) is a lot less ambiguous than the (smoking) weed = cancer connection.

Overall, mediocre assumption.
Hey, if you want more supporters, that's not the way to do it. Since I never smoked, I'm only exposed to the -ive effects but ofc I'm aware of the med benefits.

Anyway, if weed is abused, can it turned into a dangerous result like drinking and driving?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2416 posts
552 upvotes
Montreal
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 2:49 pm
Anyway, if weed is abused, can it turned into a dangerous result like drinking and driving?
Do you think it's safe to drive while you're intoxicated? Of course not lol

It's common sense.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7378 posts
923 upvotes
Toronto
kenze wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 4:15 pm
Do you think it's safe to drive while you're intoxicated? Of course not lol

It's common sense.
You totally missed my question...i.e. can one be as impaired stoned as if intoxicated. I guess common sense is not very common, probably too stoned to process these words lol.
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4264 posts
437 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 5:17 pm
You totally missed my question...i.e. can one be as impaired stoned as if intoxicated. I guess common sense is not very common, probably too stoned to process these words lol.
not really. a Very intoxicated person could end up driving 200km/hr on the wrong side of the road. A heavily stoned person might fall asleep at the wheel?

the real problem arises when one mixes alcohol and weed.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7378 posts
923 upvotes
Toronto
Kingmoo wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 5:27 pm
not really. a Very intoxicated person could end up driving 200km/hr on the wrong side of the road. A heavily stoned person might fall asleep at the wheel?

the real problem arises when one mixes alcohol and weed.
Ok, so apparently weed is not as bad as d&d.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7378 posts
923 upvotes
Toronto
AndySixx wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 5:49 pm
I'm not sure the point of your post..

The poster responding to you got it right.. weed should be regulated for effects similar to alcohol when it comes to impaired driving and operating machinery. Obviously different standards, but to simplify, one shouldn't operate a vehicle when high. Not really a new concept.
He didn't get it right if we're talking about the same poster. If there are diffs, explain, not just say d&d is dangerous. Who doesn't know that? My question was how harmful is weed&driving relative to that. Anyway.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2416 posts
552 upvotes
Montreal
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 5:17 pm
It's a valid response. My opinion is that one shouldn't be behind the wheel if he's impaired because it can have deadly consequences.

They keyword is "impaired" and it doesn't matter whether it makes you sleepy or want to drive at 200km/hr.

That's why I mentioned "common sense", do you get it now? ;)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7378 posts
923 upvotes
Toronto
kenze wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 6:02 pm
It's a valid response. My opinion is that one shouldn't be behind the wheel if he's impaired because it can have deadly consequences.

They keyword is "impaired" and it doesn't matter whether it makes you sleepy or want to drive at 200km/hr.

That's why I mentioned "common sense", do you get it now? ;)
Are you trying to be cryptic when in reality not making much sense? Lay off the pipe.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2416 posts
552 upvotes
Montreal
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 6:12 pm
Are you trying to be cryptic when in reality not making much sense? Lay off the pipe.
Not at all, maybe you're not a very logical person but another poster got it.

your question is nonsense and there's no point to it because everyone knows the outcome of impaired driving.

It's like asking how it feels to rob a bank. Do I need to explain to you that your adrenaline will spike during those few minutes? Is it helpful? or would you rather know that you'll end up in jail and have a criminal record?

Oh and stop assuming that someone who has a different opinion from you is high on something. That's just sad.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4523 posts
246 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 2:49 pm
Hey, if you want more supporters, that's not the way to do it. Since I never smoked, I'm only exposed to the -ive effects but ofc I'm aware of the med benefits.

Of course. Just like too much booze or other recreational drugs or even prescription drugs that shouldn't be taken prior to operating a vehicle.

I wouldn't drive stoned just like I wouldn't drive drunk. People who DO drive while intoxicated would do it whether or not there's a law allowing the sale of marijuana.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7378 posts
923 upvotes
Toronto
kenze wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 6:35 pm

Not at all, maybe you're not a very logical person but another poster got it.

your question is nonsense and there's no point to it because everyone knows the outcome of impaired driving.

It's like asking how it feels to rob a bank. Do I need to explain to you that your adrenaline will spike during those few minutes? Is it helpful? or would you rather know that you'll end up in jail and have a criminal record?

Oh and stop assuming that someone who has a different opinion from you is high on something. That's just sad.
Naw, your answer is just rubbish, period. There's such a thing as *degrees* which clearly you aren't aware of. Illogical and just nonsense.

amz155 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 6:42 pm
Of course. Just like too much booze or other recreational drugs or even prescription drugs that shouldn't be taken prior to operating a vehicle.

I wouldn't drive stoned just like I wouldn't drive drunk. People who DO drive while intoxicated would do it whether or not there's a law allowing the sale of marijuana.
See, doesn't hurt to give a proper reply like this guy, not just "d&d is dangerous, duh" - end of discussion smh.

Finally, it's just sad that you need weed and booze to get high and add something to your life. Anyway, I'll leave you stoners to discuss among yourselves.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2416 posts
552 upvotes
Montreal
tranquility922 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 6:46 pm
Naw, your answer is just rubbish, period. There's such a thing as *degrees* which clearly you aren't aware of. Illogical and just nonsense.
you needed someone to tell you that smoking a lot of weed will make you feel baked out of your mind compared to a small quantity? Are you for real? Lmao

Right, end of discussion. Face With Tears Of Joy
Sep 17, 2017
38 posts
6 upvotes
The worst thing is when people get addicted to weed. They stop using filters and would smoke from the dirtiest rolls. Yet, they argue that weed is healthy and not as dangerous as nicotine smh.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2416 posts
552 upvotes
Montreal
AndySixx wrote:
Sep 21st, 2017 9:10 am
Some people need their hand held.
I can see that.

The worst part is that he asked all these dumb questions just to brag about being a boy scout and belittle others. Maybe he thinks that it makes him look cool or something.. lol
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3884 posts
1256 upvotes
Ottawa trims its pot plans; amends bill to legalize marijuana
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/ottawa-t ... -1.3621991
OTTAWA –The House of Commons Health Committee has completed its study of Bill C-45, the government’s bill to legalize marijuana, and has made some tweaks to the government’s proposal, including cutting out the height restriction on homegrown marijuana plants.

The original version of the legislation proposed by the government stated that when growing marijuana plants at home, the maximum plant height would be 100 centimetres. Now, any references to a specific height have been removed from the bill.
[N]o other substantive amendments were passed.