• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 12:52 am
[OP]
Jul 8, 2014
12 posts
20 upvotes
Thornhill, ON

Marijuana Stocks

With the legalization of medicinal marijuana happening in the states and other similar jurisdictions, to me it seems like a start of a new industry that will likely flourish several years from now. Has anyone bought any marijuana stocks?

HEMP & MJNA are two that I am seriously thinking of.
1804 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
4495 posts
722 upvotes
Scarborough
Tweed had a bit of a buzz when it IPOed, although most of these companies are heavily regulated in Canada so there probably won't be too many surprises in the future. I think government control will play a large factor in the success of these companies as well
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4641 posts
323 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
I have a small position in SL and Bud
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
15633 posts
1718 upvotes
Toronto
Lostwords wrote:
Jul 12th, 2014 9:47 pm
I have a small position in SL and Bud
BUD as in Satori Resources? I see it says its a mineral mining company?
Selling Grizzly Privy Maple Leafs - $33 ea - PM!
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
3394 posts
697 upvotes
on the links
FritoLay (PEP) or Domino's (DPZ)
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4641 posts
323 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
deal_with_singh wrote:
Jul 12th, 2014 11:44 pm
BUD as in Satori Resources? I see it says its a mineral mining company?
yup..v.bud as in "Sadstori". It is a mineral mining company with a "exploratory" MJ play. The latest story is they may venture the soil end of thing or buying a growing company with MMRP. God know what they are really into as they are not allow to officially declare anything fearing they might be halted on venture.

Lots of mining company jump on the MJ bandwagon to help booster their stock price. True be told, I didn't do much research when I purchased some Bud shares. Luckily, I didn't buy much. So I let it sit there and wait. If it tank, I don't loose much but if for some odd reason, it hit a jackpot, that's bonus. I frankly think SL have a much better upside than Bud. in either case, both Bud and SL are below 0.10 for a reason...
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4320 posts
2082 upvotes
You can also play the eventual marijuana craze through yum (KFC/taco bell) I sense more visits in the future
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13370 posts
1216 upvotes
Lostwords wrote:
Jul 13th, 2014 11:34 am
yup..v.bud as in "Sadstori". It is a mineral mining company with a "exploratory" MJ play. The latest story is they may venture the soil end of thing or buying a growing company with MMRP. God know what they are really into as they are not allow to officially declare anything fearing they might be halted on venture.

Lots of mining company jump on the MJ bandwagon to help booster their stock price. True be told, I didn't do much research when I purchased some Bud shares. Luckily, I didn't buy much. So I let it sit there and wait. If it tank, I don't loose much but if for some odd reason, it hit a jackpot, that's bonus. I frankly think SL have a much better upside than Bud. in either case, both Bud and SL are below 0.10 for a reason...
I have a small position in BUD as well, but I'm ($58) on that stock. SL is another story, as it opened, I purchased some shares then the stock tanked and was halted a day later. I pulled out in the confusion and ended up (>$400). I still feel like I got hoodwinked there. They should not have let me pull my money out, as the evaluation was wrong, and there needed to be more reassurances that trading would continue as expected. I have a small stock portfolio to begin with, so I never recovered from that, coupled with HVU.TO which went into freefall for some reason.

The only thing that helped me cover some of these costs is some money I pulled out of TWD early, and CUS.TO which I'm hoping will hit $5.25 in the next week. Once it does, I will pull out my last $700 and take a break from trading.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4641 posts
323 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
Syne wrote:
Jul 14th, 2014 2:38 pm
I have a small position in BUD as well, but I'm ($58) on that stock. SL is another story, as it opened, I purchased some shares then the stock tanked and was halted a day later. I pulled out in the confusion and ended up (>$400). I still feel like I got hoodwinked there. They should not have let me pull my money out, as the evaluation was wrong, and there needed to be more reassurances that trading would continue as expected. I have a small stock portfolio to begin with, so I never recovered from that, coupled with HVU.TO which went into freefall for some reason.

The only thing that helped me cover some of these costs is some money I pulled out of TWD early, and CUS.TO which I'm hoping will hit $5.25 in the next week. Once it does, I will pull out my last $700 and take a break from trading.
I think you were the one that got me looking at SL. I got in at 0.07 but I picked up some more when it hit bottom at 0.03. It could goes either ways and I would of loose more but instead I gained around $1000 today....
As for Bud... will see how it goes.. I wanted to pick up more when it was 0.04 but was low with fund so didn't buy more. I kicked my self for not selling it when it was above 0.10 a few months back.. now will have to wait to see how it does in the couple of week.. I think it will go up a bit the next week or two...
Mar 25, 2013
89 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
A friend put me onto SL when it was around .08 and I bought in at .045 with a small position. Rode it to .14 and sold then rebought less a few dollars at .12. Now we went back down (why did I rebuy?) and recently an upswing is going on.

I think SL had a lot going for them with the facilities they currently have / options on. My fingers are crossed for an actual license and some revenue late this year.
Dec 31, 2012
64 posts
4 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey so i was looking at stocks, ive never invested yet, i am looking to invest into stocks however, ive been watching tweeds inc stock but i really dont know where it is going. What do you guys think about it? im also watching BUD stock.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
4495 posts
722 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm interested to hear your rationales behind investing in these stocks - do you believe they will actually have a future, or are you just trying to flip them for profit? Because there are better stocks if it's the latter
[OP]
Jul 8, 2014
12 posts
20 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
SkimGuy wrote:
Jul 17th, 2014 6:35 pm
I'm interested to hear your rationales behind investing in these stocks - do you believe they will actually have a future, or are you just trying to flip them for profit? Because there are better stocks if it's the latter
My goal is for the future, 5-10 years down the road. Its my belief the industry is very new, it will go through growing pains but i believe that its hear to stay and will only get bigger as time goes on. Most of these stocks are penny stocks, putting $500 to $1000 is chump change. if you hit it big down the road great, if you lose it...its only $500. And no im not throwing money at any penny stock i see trying to hit a lottery. i legitimately think this is a start of a brand new industry which will pick up steam.
Jul 15, 2013
40 posts
9 upvotes
Kingston
I personally have invested in OGI (Organigram Holdings Inc), and looking a BED (Bedrocan), TWD (Tweed), TPI (T-Bird Pharma Inc).

I think that the marijuana business in canada will just grow and with over 500+ application for producing marijuana and health canada only issuing less than 20 thus far, mean the standards are high and the product will be great!????

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)