Investing

Marijuana Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 9:51 am
Nov 29, 2005
313 posts
8 upvotes
Markham
in WEED and ACB and OGI for a couple months now...hoping I'm not on a sinking ship...
Oct 6, 2015
593 posts
284 upvotes
https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/p ... _WR764.pdf

Some pretty interesting reading on what commercial marihuana production is likely to cost. It is theorized that top grade product could be produced at $200-$400/pound, which translates to well under $1/gram.

Some companies are pitching pro formas of prices being closer to $10/gram. Which means that there is a high probability of failure in many of these stocks.
Sep 6, 2017
1 posts
I've been investing in cannabis stocks for a little while now. Put some in Organigram (OGI) , Tweed (TWD) and a couple of others.

Big ones for me right now have been penny stocks. Tried out a couple of them like Cannabis Leaf Inc. (PCFP) have been really good. These penny stocks might be the better investment compared to the Canadian LPs in the long and short term
Jan 27, 2016
44 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looks like Weed will be sold in LCBO type run stores in Ontario
Sep 18, 2016
59 posts
13 upvotes
loopy1984 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 9:17 am
Looks like Weed will be sold in LCBO type run stores in Ontario
yep, 150 standalone Weed shops from the LCBO. Government is going to cash in on the sale and taxes of course. Maybe over time a monopoly like alcohol?
"Just because it's illogical doesn't mean it can't continue to move up"
Jul 11, 2011
751 posts
447 upvotes
Ontario
"Ah, yes, I almost forgot. We just gotta stop at the Wick-bo and grab me a dime bag dear...."
Jul 27, 2010
202 posts
16 upvotes
Detroit
These stocks are very risky because cannabis can be grown outdoors in mass quanity for almost nothing. Then it can be kept in cold storage for at least a fews years and still be viable or turned into some consentrate or pollen. In few years the value will be like $1 a gram and these companies will fold.
Oct 29, 2014
278 posts
55 upvotes
I have not smoked in a while but indoor and outdoor cannot be compared. These company are going to be using their green house weed for oils and other non smoke product but the indoor stuff with all the control is where you get the GOOD weed from.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2708 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
Will companies like Canopy be using their housing for government use? Will they be able to work with the government? At this point, it's all speculation and a bit scary.
Dec 31, 2015
160 posts
7 upvotes
My understanding is that companies like Canopy will be selling directly to the government (at least in Ontario). I'm not a fan of this and I'm pretty disappointed overall because I've been waiting for these stocks to pick up now that it's going closer to 2018 but it doesn't look like it. I have a bunch of WEED and THC stock....
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
4947 posts
1028 upvotes
GTA
Added more TGIF at .185 today after 3 recent insider purhases at .20 and .25. Admittedly, I was wrong about where sp was heading after pp close at .25, but happy to average down.
Dec 3, 2014
913 posts
161 upvotes
Anyone know why WEED ran up today ? Has pretty quickly gone from $8 to $10
Dec 3, 2014
913 posts
161 upvotes
I purchased WEED (then CGC) at $2.65. I sold out around mid $8s after it ran up and then down. I've obviously recently missed the run up to $10. What is the consensus on the marijuana stocks now and why?

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 1 guest)

MckoolDealin, zinger9, secol, jfall