• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2017 10:26 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9953 posts
358 upvotes
darkcloud8282 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:25 pm
Legalization is happening so it's going up.
In my 'I've done every single mistake you can do on the market' opinion, I would be weary about using the impending legalization as a reason for investment. Every day there are news articles about the provinces and RCMP complaining that they can't be ready by July 2018 so it could very well be delayed into 2019 or even 2020. Looking over the last few months, I don't know that I would consider marijuana stocks a good short term investment. I'm in it long term and expect to make a healthy profit, but where I used to think I'd turn into the Monopoly top hat guy by July 2018, I'm now looking at 5-10 years to make the return I expect.
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Jan 27, 2016
48 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If it was that easy, everyone would be buying.

In the end companies need to be profitable, no matter which industry they are in.

I think the weed industry has tons of things to iron out
darkcloud8282 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 12:25 pm
Legalization is happening so it's going up.
Jun 27, 2012
69 posts
13 upvotes
Sold my gains today. I don't see a sustained rally happening but knowing my (terrible) luck, it'll bounce up again tmr.
Oct 11, 2010
888 posts
263 upvotes
Charlottetown
Massive news for Canopy today: https://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?ne ... ymbol=WEED

TLDR; two-year supply agreement with new brunswick, including 4,000,000 grams of cannabis and cannabis derivative products for the first year, is expected to have an estimated retail value of $40 million in its first year.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
2454 posts
212 upvotes
GTA
jfall wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 8:43 am
Massive news for Canopy today: https://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?ne ... ymbol=WEED

TLDR; two-year supply agreement with new brunswick, including 4,000,000 grams of cannabis and cannabis derivative products for the first year, is expected to have an estimated retail value of $40 million in its first year.
Amazing!
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1091 posts
130 upvotes
OGI with the spike today. Glad I'm not left holding the bag on this one.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1091 posts
130 upvotes
llpresident wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:08 am
I purchased WEED (then CGC) at $2.65. I sold out around mid $8s after it ran up and then down. I've obviously recently missed the run up to $10. What is the consensus on the marijuana stocks now and why?
I feel like those that have been holding, might as well ride it out till legalization and see what happens.

A lot of what happened with weed stocks so far has defied investing principles though so you never know...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5507 posts
259 upvotes
Calgary
does anyone have the ogi.w (warrants)? if so how do we convert them to stock in questrade? btw, great week for cdn weedstocks hope the momentum continues...
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1596 posts
142 upvotes
I sold 1/2 my Canopy when it hit $12 and will hold on for a while. Used the proceeds to buy others in the sector. Up on some, down on others. I'm resisting buying more, so far that is. I'm in for the long term. Not a big part of my portfolio, but overall very good ROI. I view it like the beginning of legalised booze. Everyone has their own vices and I'm betting that there'll be enough money to be made in the long term.
Good Luck to all.Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2011
1841 posts
256 upvotes
GTA
FIRE (Supreme) - don't forget this underdog .. they supply to ACB
Oct 11, 2010
888 posts
263 upvotes
Charlottetown
wow weed stocks are on fire today!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2710 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
Certainly are! Now when is the time to sell....
Dec 21, 2013
568 posts
160 upvotes
GTA
The industry is still in it's infancy and I truly believe Canada is going to position it to be a global supplier vs. just domestic. Recent tie up's with European/South American companies confirm that train of thought.

Going to be a wild ride over the next 12-18 months but as they say: scared money don't make money.
Oct 11, 2010
888 posts
263 upvotes
Charlottetown
georgecantstandya wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 4:16 pm
The industry is still in it's infancy and I truly believe Canada is going to position it to be a global supplier vs. just domestic. Recent tie up's with European/South American companies confirm that train of thought.

Going to be a wild ride over the next 12-18 months but as they say: scared money don't make money.
Aurora just completed their first shipment of legal weed to Germany, the first of many. They are going to be massive with their giant SKY facility right next to the airport, they will be exporting plane loads of WEED to other countries soon enough.