Investing

Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 10:47 pm
Jan 22, 2015
662 posts
180 upvotes
TheClone13 wrote: That 0.75% MER is also paying for some diversification. If one of these companies implodes and the price goes to ZERO, that 0.75% will seem like a fantastic deal! I am seeing this as similar to the .com boom of the late 90's: Sure, you could have got lucky and picked Amazon, but an ETF like HMMJ really helps eliminate the guess work.
Great point. There's also some US companies in there.
Sep 16, 2010
996 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
azncapcom wrote: agreed. I can't complain cause i originally bought in at 0.81 then sold at 1.00, then bought back at 0.88 and sold again at 1.00 now.

So if it drops again, im buying back in.
That's a good play. I sold a few of my positions very prematurely before the Nov run-up and now, I am slowly buying back in and swing trading some of them. I also sold HVST when it was $1.09.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
torspiker wrote: That's a good play. I sold a few of my positions very prematurely before the Nov run-up and now, I am slowly buying back in and swing trading some of them. I also sold HVST when it was $1.09.
sadly I don't have a re-entry point right now since its been going up quite a bit... I didn't expect it to go up hard mid day without any news. I was planning to buy back by end of day... Namaste is one i actually want to hold long term. was only swing trading based on volume.
Jan 3, 2017
152 posts
91 upvotes
I was tempted to let N go today (small profit gain), but looks like long term potential in return. Long holding this, Yolo
Penalty Box
Apr 23, 2017
298 posts
190 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: agreed. I can't complain cause i originally bought in at 0.81 then sold at 1.00, then bought back at 0.88 and sold again at 1.00 now.

So if it drops again, im buying back in.
azncapcom wrote: screw it... i bought back in namaste at 1.25... thats after selling at 1.0

I think they got good potential. will hold for long run rather than swing trade it anymore.
So you made $0.19, then you made $0.12, then you lost $0.25. That's what I call a lot of work for nothing!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
zinger9 wrote: So you made $0.19, then you made $0.12, then you lost $0.25. That's what I call a lot of work for nothing!
It was actually technically an unrealized loss vs keeping the original at 0.81

Since that would be a $0.44 gain, vs $0.31 gain from selling and rebuying.

again, you win some and you lose some. I tried to take advantage of the large volumes to swing trade, while i did well the first time, the second time not so much...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8454 posts
3628 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: What's with ISOL tanking?
Because its a product that nobody understands and has been wildly pumped. Didnt understand it $0.63, still dont understand it at $1.50.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Dec 11, 2017
185 posts
95 upvotes
Hi all,

Longtime lurker in this thread. Thanks for almost 200 pages of great posts!

I have not seen anyone mention them here, thus my posting. Has anyone here considered Manitoba's only publicly-listed, licensed producer Delta 9? They were listed on the CVE as NINE about 5 weeks ago. I managed to get in on the ground floor for around $2.90 but it seems the masses are not aware of this one. They are in expansion mode right now but have been licensed for medical since about 2013. CTV news has a couple of interesting stories on them. Could be a good time to get in on the ground floor of what seems to be a bit of a sleeper at the moment. Currently trading at $3.15 but has been as high as $4.00.

This is a very exciting sector to invest in these days. ACB, APH are also some great money-makers!

Thanks for hearing me out and hopefully this post has not broken any rules.
Oct 29, 2008
215 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
White Comet wrote: Why do stocks always take off after I sell? wtf EMH and now APP
My profit is slowly dwindling away
May 31, 2017
63 posts
45 upvotes
anybody watching/holding MGW?? thoughts?
Construction of their new facility was announced today.
Aug 18, 2013
377 posts
343 upvotes
NCR
709394 wrote: My profit is slowly dwindling away
I don't understand...if your profit is dwindling away, then get out and realize the profits. Something is better than nothing. Then find another good entry point.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1503 posts
438 upvotes
xxboarderxx wrote: Yep...made some good coin with that one. Was lucky to sell @ 1.29. Hopefully it will come back down and will buy more for the next round!
I wouldn't bet on that. HVST is undervalued, and is a great long-term hold. Strong again today. I'm in till July, already doubled my investment.
Aug 18, 2013
377 posts
343 upvotes
NCR
alex_d10 wrote: I wouldn't bet on that. HVST is undervalued, and is a great long-term hold. Strong again today. I'm in till July, already doubled my investment.
I don't hold anything long term. That's not my game as I don't like to tie down my cash for long. I'm glad you doubled your investment but I actually realized mine yesterday with 25% profit in my pocket.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)