Cannabis (Marijuana) Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 10:47 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1711 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
joshua18 wrote: If one is bullish in this sector, Twd should be owned. Patience is key.
And kudos to those that waited...
Dec 17, 2003
284 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
spintheblackcircle wrote: And kudos to those that waited...
I bought Bedrocan, (now CGC) last year in Nov! This was long coming and a long ways to go!
CHOO CHOO, theres tons of room on the train!

Bought some OGI today to add to the fun.
Mar 17, 2004
461 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
I'm in to CGC, for about 55k. Made 10k in the last few weeks. Mostly because I keep selling when i think it's hit the ceiling, but damn. This thing just wont stop.
I love los raptors.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1711 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
biggerthanboykins wrote: I'm in to CGC, for about 55k. Made 10k in the last few weeks. Mostly because I keep selling when i think it's hit the ceiling, but damn. This thing just wont stop.
That's the thing. I'm up over 70% (no where near $55k invested though), with most of it in a non-reg account. I will keep a very small position that I hold in my TFSA, and I do want to stay invested in CGC.

It's just that ya... It's gone up so much! I figure maybe I should just take the profits for now, and get back in later...

EDIT - It's up almost 9% again already today!
Mar 17, 2004
461 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
spintheblackcircle wrote: That's the thing. I'm up over 70% (no where near $55k invested though), with most of it in a non-reg account. I will keep a very small position that I hold in my TFSA, and I do want to stay invested in CGC.

It's just that ya... It's gone up so much! I figure maybe I should just take the profits for now, and get back in later...
I got in at 2.17 and got out at 2.30. Then got back in at 2.25 and got out at 2.80. Then got back in at 2.95 now i'm holding on for deer life. I'm not sure when to walk away. Up another .27 already today. over 8%. I know being greedy might kill me but i can't help but refresh ever 30 seconds.
I love los raptors.
Aug 21, 2011
71 posts
14 upvotes
TORONTO
I imagine with Trudeau in, CGC will continue to grow but I'm not sure if this is the real moment of growth or just increased volatility. I'm still pretty new :) Any thoughts?
Aug 21, 2011
71 posts
14 upvotes
TORONTO
I got in to CGC a bit late, at 3.10 but I'm still pretty happy with my timing and refreshing it pretty often watching for the downturn.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3518 posts
689 upvotes
Allenford
If you have never bought stocks before but have a couple of thousand to play with for a couple of months, is it worth getting in on this now or is too late? Okay with risk of losing the $$.

Would opening a TD self directed be the best way to buy?
Aug 21, 2011
71 posts
14 upvotes
TORONTO
I think it depends if you're in for the long haul. I'm not the most experienced, but it looks to me like CGC is poised to grow in the long term, but if it's short term you're after I would wait a bit to see where it goes after this rapid rise.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Nope, just CGC, it's the biggest player. Many small players will spawn up and grow, but if you are looking med-long term they will be bought up and there will be only 1-2 players left, and CGC would be one of them.

Got in at 2.65 and 3.11. Want to buy more so I keep an eye on it. I have my sell stop limit set to get the gains (about 1000$ in the last week). Honestly I want to keep adding. With Trudeau I see no reason to go down. But I would like to know what is the fair value price on this as I am sure part of it is hype and rallying momentum.
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
This is my best investment in my porfolio. I bought in at 2.30. I think I will hold on to this for a long time.
Dec 12, 2011
81 posts
78 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Messerschmitt wrote: Nope, just CGC, it's the biggest player. Many small players will spawn up and grow, but if you are looking med-long term they will be bought up and there will be only 1-2 players left, and CGC would be one of them.

Got in at 2.65 and 3.11. Want to buy more so I keep an eye on it. I have my sell stop limit set to get the gains (about 1000$ in the last week). Honestly I want to keep adding. With Trudeau I see no reason to go down. But I would like to know what is the fair value price on this as I am sure part of it is hype and rallying momentum.
Are you investing in CGC for a long term or short term benefits? Because right now I feel like the increase for CGC is just speculations.
Jan 19, 2013
275 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
BrandonV wrote: Are you investing in CGC for a long term or short term benefits? Because right now I feel like the increase for CGC is just speculations.
Right now it's a rally. We don't know how long this will go for. What will happen when there's a delay of making Marijuana legal? Will stocks go down or will people hold until that day comes. That's the problem I'm concerned about and how that will affect it. For me, I'm holding on for long term, maybe for 4-5 years.
Dec 12, 2011
81 posts
78 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Sepharite wrote: Would it be late to buy CGC?
I don't think it's to late because marijuana isn't legalize yet
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
BrandonV wrote: Are you investing in CGC for a long term or short term benefits? Because right now I feel like the increase for CGC is just speculations.
I keep a sell order if the price decreases my threshold to lock in any gains. Lesson learned from baba's IPO
Dec 12, 2011
81 posts
78 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Messerschmitt wrote: I keep a sell order if the price decreases my threshold to lock in any gains. Lesson learned from baba's IPO
Just started investing, but from what I've read baba's IPO didn't turn out so well :(
Aug 21, 2011
71 posts
14 upvotes
TORONTO
OGI Is still pretty interesting. Top of Morningstars most active for TSX Venture

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

sunshinee