• Jan 23rd, 2018 6:19 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
1186 posts
611 upvotes
Ontario
jojochiu wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:01 pm
What are your thoughts on CBW and THC? Jumped on today after I sold 300 shares of WEED to preserve my capital. Now the rest of my WEED (700 shares. All profit)

Same with ACB, pure profit now. Just wondering if I made wrong decisions with putting some money on CBW and THC?

Please share your insights.

Thanks
Well if CBW tanks on Monday we can cry together. I bought in at $2.00, that was my target from earlier in the week. Would've felt better at $1.90 but you can't ever catch them all

*edit* hey, what happened at close?? CBW jumped almost .15 to over $2.00!!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
1186 posts
611 upvotes
Ontario
frankc92 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:13 pm
yeah.. on the contrary i made a pretty shitty call and went in on MJN at 9.57. Caught it at around 8.99 and put a limit on it at 8.98 but it kept rising so i caved stupidly.
But if It had gone to 9.58 and then back up, then what? Pick a price and feel good about it.

Remember, no pump here, but Cronos was almost $14 two days ago. This is only January and you got to pay a December price.

Lot's of time average down if it drops, take profit if it runs to $20, who knows.
Dec 22, 2008
191 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:27 pm
Anyone use just questtrade?
I'm moving some $ from Tangerine and am looking for another platform aside from RBC DI -- do you like Quest?
Nov 8, 2011
284 posts
58 upvotes
NEPEAN
Ramblings wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:14 pm
I'm moving some $ from Tangerine and am looking for another platform aside from RBC DI -- do you like Quest?
New to Questrade but so far it's great, I like it a lot better than RBC DI.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3525 posts
298 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Think we'll see some green on Monday, or another day of red?
Jun 12, 2010
400 posts
69 upvotes
YVR
hebsie wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:10 pm
But if It had gone to 9.58 and then back up, then what? Pick a price and feel good about it.

Remember, no pump here, but Cronos was almost $14 two days ago. This is only January and you got to pay a December price.

Lot's of time average down if it drops, take profit if it runs to $20, who knows.
Appreciate the sentiment. This is my first dabble into the stock game, have 95% of my portfolio in index ETFs. The emotional journey is a new one. Hahaha.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1193 posts
203 upvotes
hebsie wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:10 pm

The way I look at it, when you buy good companies, you can play it long term with less worries. Mjn is a solid company with top tier management. I won't lose any sleep about it if it goes down another 15% next week because there are literally no news and it's all people taking profits. I'm comfortable holding it into legalization.

Compared to more speculative plays such as namaste or mpx...
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2501 posts
540 upvotes
Vaughan
NorthernHarvest wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 6:52 pm
https://www.google.ca/amp/business.fina ... ations/amp

Translation please?
As marijuana is still federally illegal in the US, any cannabis company listed on the CSE (CNSX) are allowed to operate in the US as long as they disclose that to investors. Now they announced they are reconsidering that stance. Hopefully they don't want to de-list a company for that.
Dec 22, 2015
27 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
cloakster wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:20 pm
As marijuana is still federally illegal in the US, any cannabis company listed on the CSE (CNSX) are allowed to operate in the US as long as they disclose that to investors. Now they announced they are reconsidering that stance. Hopefully they don't want to de-list a company for that.
Interesting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, wonder how the market will react on Monday.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
1186 posts
611 upvotes
Ontario
I like the name already....SEED

Prospectus Filed for Canada's First Actively Managed Marijuana ETF

TORONTO, Jan. 12, 2018 /CNW/ - Evolve Funds Group Inc. ("Evolve ETFs") is pleased to announce that it has filed a preliminary prospectus with the Canadian securities regulators for Canada's first actively managed marijuana ETF, The Marijuana ETF ("SEED"). SEED is designed to provide Canadian investors with long-term capital appreciation by actively investing in a diversified mix of equity securities of issuers that are involved in the marijuana industry.

"Globalization could be the next wave of growth in the marijuana industry," said Raj Lala, President & CEO of Evolve ETFs. "SEED is a way for investors to benefit from active management, as the marijuana industry continues to develop domestically and globally."

SEED may invest in equity securities of companies listed domestically and globally, and other companies, with business activities in the recreational and/or medical marijuana industry. Evolve ETFs, a registered investment fund manager and portfolio manager, will act as promoter, manager, trustee and portfolio manager of SEED and will be responsible for the administration of SEED.

A preliminary prospectus containing important information relating to securities of the Evolve ETF has been filed with the securities commissions or similar authorities in all provinces and territories ofCanada. The preliminary prospectus is still subject to completion or amendment. A copy of the preliminary prospectus is available on SEDAR (www.sedar.com). There will not be any sale or acceptance of an offer to buy the securities until a receipt for the final prospectus has been issued.
Dec 22, 2015
27 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
cloakster wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 7:20 pm
So stocks like MPX etc, what would happen to owned shares if they de-list? Or dare I ask?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2012
1393 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
From +500 to -2500 in 3 days :(

Ended up buying more to dilute it.
Sep 6, 2014
60 posts
15 upvotes
johanscott wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:10 pm
From +500 to -2500 in 3 days :(

Ended up buying more to dilute it.
In case it makes you feel better, -60K here in last three days. :-)

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (8 members and 1 guest)

grilw, liO999, dsichewski11, daaave, boon1, BoldBerry, Pearlster, piggyowiggy