• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2018 3:58 pm
Dec 11, 2011
39 posts
9 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
ADRiiAN` wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:48 am
No offense but you don't have as much stress because you have a small stake in it.
Yeah, totally agree! I lost around 60k since Tuesday but overall I made profit. Today was the time for me to exit. I will wait for some consolidation before buying again. Good luck to all.
Sep 9, 2017
576 posts
293 upvotes
Winnipeg
chappanteekli wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 8:43 pm
In case it makes you feel better, -60K here in last three days. :-)
-25K here. Seeing all that red today was a serious rush. I picked up more HMMJ and MJX. I wasn't sure what next week would bring, but after reading hebsie's news I think we're in for some green.
Sep 6, 2014
61 posts
15 upvotes
johanscott wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:12 pm
Ouch. I'm still kinda new to this though but didn't panic. Seems like you're a pro at this lol.
New investor here too but learned quickly that pump and dump doesn't work. I am keeping long. No need to panic especially when market is going down on no-news.

Cheers,
Sep 6, 2014
61 posts
15 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:24 pm
I can only start to imagine how much money you already made (hopefully) before this drawdown.
My original investment is still safe and I am still over (not a whole lot though) so I am not too worried. I'd be pissing in my pants though if it starts to affect my original investment, lol.
Sep 6, 2014
61 posts
15 upvotes
KellyM133398 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 10:12 pm
-25K here. Seeing all that red today was a serious rush. I picked up more HMMJ and MJX. I wasn't sure what next week would bring, but after reading hebsie's news I think we're in for some green.
I can totally relate to you dear. When it's green I can't stop starting at my phone but when it's all red, I hate to even pick my phone. lol. Hopefully, next week, we'll see some green.

Good luck!
Apr 8, 2017
242 posts
75 upvotes
Maple Ridge
So with this dip i'm thinking of putting in a fairly large chunk of money. Reckon it's best to wait a bit to see if more dips are to come?
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Nov 25, 2009
155 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
OutsideYourWorld wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 12:28 am
So with this dip i'm thinking of putting in a fairly large chunk of money. Reckon it's best to wait a bit to see if more dips are to come?
I made a bit of money with mj stocks in the past few months (a lot actually) and cashed out at highs. My advice is never catch a falling knife. It takes a longer time to rise, but bubbles pop super fast. Just wait till it starts climbing again and pray it's not a bull trap Face With Tears Of Joy.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16158 posts
2135 upvotes
Toronto
pensavan wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 9:44 pm
Yeah, totally agree! I lost around 60k since Tuesday but overall I made profit. Today was the time for me to exit. I will wait for some consolidation before buying again. Good luck to all.
If It makes you feel better, I sold all my WEED at $26 2 weeks ago...so.......I'm still at a loss compared to that day Face With Tears Of Joy
Current Offer: AMEX with $400 (or 40k Aeroplan Miles) Sign Up Bonus + First Year Free+ $50 BONUS CASHBACK
Apr 8, 2017
242 posts
75 upvotes
Maple Ridge
I've been hanging onto WEED since $8. Is it really going to be dropping a lot more, you guys think? :/
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
21495 posts
3702 upvotes
Waterloo
I like this quote from Globe on WEED/MJ's valuation (nuts)
But in both sectors, valuations have become difficult to justify.

As recently as Wednesday, Canopy Growth Corp. had a market cap of $8-billion, making it more valuable than both Air Canada and RioCan, Canada's largest real-estate investment trust. Over the last 12 months, Canopy's adjusted revenue amounted to $58-million, compared to Air Canada's $15.9-billion.

As for blockchain stocks, simply adding the word to a company's name has proven sufficient to tap into investor exuberance. In December, U.S. beverage maker Long Island Iced Tea changed its focus and renamed itself Long Blockchain Corp., bringing about an initial spike in its shares of 300 per cent.
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Dec 31, 2015
286 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The valuations are seriously insane. I get that future earnings are priced in etc. but this is just stupid lol and I'm someone that invested in MJ stocks early and believes in the industry. I sold all my stocks at the end of October when WEED was around $17 thinking that was the peak. Feels pretty bad knowing I could have sold at $40+ this week.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2006
1443 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
chappanteekli wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 11:09 pm
I can totally relate to you dear. When it's green I can't stop starting at my phone but when it's all red, I hate to even pick my phone. lol. Hopefully, next week, we'll see some green.

Good luck!
I’m with you on this.. I watched Cronos (MJN) drop from nearly $14 to $9ish... decided to buy in about 4000 stocks at about $9.60 thinking it was a steal..

Now down to $9 :(

Still think they are a solid company with Ontario greenhouse.. Germany and Israel deals...

Just a matter of time before we recover back up to the $13-14 range IMO

What you guys think?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
2523 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
short run no one knows, long run likely.

once there is more clarification on pricing we will know if these valuations are legitimate.
Currently, producers are selling direct to consumers for medical purposes, so they are achieving like 8-10$/gram from what I am seeing.
That could be the retail price regulated by the government once it is legal for recreational use. But you have to factor that these producers are not getting these rates once cannabis is going to be for sale at pharmacies and the LCBO . They will be getting wholesale rates instead. It could be only 4$ a gram at that point.
Realtor - Platinum award winner.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2488 posts
1065 upvotes
Ontario
oasis100 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 11:32 am
short run no one knows, long run likely.

once there is more clarification on pricing we will know if these valuations are legitimate.
Currently, producers are selling direct to consumers for medical purposes, so they are achieving like 8-10$/gram from what I am seeing.
That could be the retail price regulated by the government once it is legal for recreational use. But you have to factor that these producers are not getting these rates once cannabis is going to be for sale at pharmacies and the LCBO . They will be getting wholesale rates instead. It could be only 4$ a gram at that point.
Aurora owns a chain of Medical Clinics called Canadian Cannabis Clinics (or CanvasRx), based in Ontario, Alberta, and BC

Recent 'research' took me inside a local clinic. My thoughts? Very busy with a two-week wait list. There was what to me appeared to be one patient every 15mins (or less). Lots of local MDs getting on board and giving referrals to this place. Old, young, sick, didn't seem to be any pattern to the clientele.

Simple process. Get assessed by nurse. Meet with Doctor. Meet with adviser type person to get set up with LP, give recommendations, pricing, etc...I doubt anyone gets denied a Medical License

Note, their first choice recommendation was obviously Aurora.

Pricing was $95 for oils, dried was around $9, with $50 off your first order
Nov 8, 2011
364 posts
91 upvotes
NEPEAN
hebsie wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 11:47 am
Aurora owns a chain of Medical Clinics called Canadian Cannabis Clinics (or CanvasRx), based in Ontario, Alberta, and BC

Recent 'research' took me inside a local clinic. My thoughts? Very busy with a two-week wait list. There was what to me appeared to be one patient every 15mins (or less). Lots of local MDs getting on board and giving referrals to this place. Old, young, sick, didn't seem to be any pattern to the clientele.

Simple process. Get assessed by nurse. Meet with Doctor. Meet with adviser type person to get set up with LP, give recommendations, pricing, etc...I doubt anyone gets denied a Medical License

Note, their first choice recommendation was obviously Aurora.

Pricing was $95 for oils, dried was around $9, with $50 off your first order
Any concerns with the lawsuit news against ACB (assuming it's part of your portfolio)?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

chilli604, FUMONEY