Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2897 posts
1383 upvotes
Ontario
http://www.mediaevents.ca/canadianclub-20180212/

Shortcuts courtesy of Obscured-By_Clouds at Cannalysts

------------------------------

An informative video featuring key players in the cannabis space, all of whom discuss whether or not the 'market meets the hype' with regards to current valuations and future demand. Key topics include: branding; valuations and the globalization of the cannabis space

Panel Questions

[5:35] Do you think these valuation levels are sustainable right now?

[8:52] Should we be at all nervous [about current valuations]? Answer: Hugo Alves

[10:50] How significant is this [recent decision by CSA to allow capitalization of American companies]? Answer: George Scorsis; Brendan Kennedy; Vahan Ajamian; Hugo Alves

[17:00] Couple of recalls and class-action lawsuits coming up [Globe and Mail story]. My question: this has to be a big deal? Answer: Hugo Alves; Brendan Kennedy

[21:55] Account and financial statements; value on biological assets. What are you seeing there? Answer: Vahan Ajamian

[25:45] Where do we see the sector 5 years from now, and what are the key differentiators that are going to be deciding who is going to end up winning here and who isn’t? Answer: Hugo Alves

[28:00] If you have a regulatory framework like in Ontario…are we setting ourselves up for failure in terms of how we will be regulating the industry? Answer: Brendan Kennedy; Hugo Alves; George Scorsis; Vahan Ajamian

[Questions from the audience]

[34:24] In a legal, political and social sense, what does the Federal government need to do before the summer 2018? Answer: Hugo Alves

[36:20] Do you foresee an oversupply of cannabis in Canada at a later stage? Answer: Vahan Ajamian

[37:28] If we look at the way global supply chains evolve in any industry, I wonder will be actually be growing cannabis in Canada, does it make sense? Answer: Brendan Kennedy; George Scorsis; Hugo Alves

[42:28] Concerns about black market and government taxing/pricing. Answer: Hugo Alves; Brendan Kennedy

[45:15] When you look over the horizon, what is the winning strategy to still be here from now? Answer: George Scorsis; Brendan Kennedy; Hugo Alves; Vahan Ajamian
Feb 12, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
well.. if you look at the max in google you will see that the trend ONLY goes up. and considering the way the world is changing.. this law is WAY over due and i think you will see that it is even bigger than most think.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5251 posts
1720 upvotes
Thornhill
User702218 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 7:38 am
well.. if you look at the max in google you will see that the trend ONLY goes up. and considering the way the world is changing.. this law is WAY over due and i think you will see that it is even bigger than most think.
User702218 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 7:42 am
and i'm a gen x not a millennial
Next distribution phase in motion. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
3896 posts
1956 upvotes
Northside
airmail wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:58 am
Anyone know much about fv pharma?
waiting for IPO. That should be a good one.

Biggest facility in the world, is it?
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2897 posts
1383 upvotes
Ontario
Anybody exercising their CBW warrants before they expire??

-------------------

Cannabis Wheaton Income Corp. (d/b/a Wheaton Income) (TSX-V:CBW) ("Wheaton Income" or the "Company") wishes to remind holders of the Company's common share purchase warrants issued on June 29, 2017 (the "Warrants"), which have been trading under the symbol "CBW.WT", that the Warrants are scheduled to expire at 4:00 p.m. (Toronto time) on February 15, 2018.

As previously announced, the Company has elected to accelerate the expiry of the Warrants which were originally issued on June 29, 2017. Each Warrant is exercisable to acquire one common share of the Company at an exercise price of $1.50. Any Warrants remaining unexercised after the new expiry date will be cancelled.

If you require assistance exercising your Warrants, please contact the Company's warrant agent, Computershare Investor Services Inc. at 1.800.564.6253.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2897 posts
1383 upvotes
Ontario
SPY at $175 you say? I'll take 600 shares please...hebs

ps...dog's idea, not mine. But I do trust him, he's got good instincts for a mutt
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2897 posts
1383 upvotes
Ontario
CollegeGraduate wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:15 pm
MedReleaf did well today
Watch them today, could be interesting if the Reddit rumour 'bites'...hebs

* edit * $19.90 and the buyers are showing interest, $20.25 and it could be blue sky time.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2897 posts
1383 upvotes
Ontario
The ides of February is near

-----------

Feb 13 (Reuters) - Wall Street's main indexes were down about a third of a percent on Tuesday, falling for the first time in three sessions as caution crept in ahead of crucial data on inflation, which has been the root cause of the recent sell-off.

A strong reading on U.S. consumer price data on Wednesday could fan fears over rising inflation and faster interest rate hikes - the same worries that sparked the sell-off after strong jobs data on Feb. 2.

"I expect a continued stream of volatility, driven by uncertainty among investors with fears of accelerating rates. I don't think that's going away any time soon," said Andre Bakhos, managing director at New Vines Capital LLC in Bernardsville, New Jersey.

Cleveland Fed president Loretta Mester, a voting member in the central bank's rate-setting committee this year, said inflation should gradually rise this year, but not at a rate that requires a faster Fed reaction in terms of raising rates.

She said the recent stock market sell-off and jump in volatility will not damage the economy's overall strong prospects.

After a wildly volatile week that pushed the market into correction territory, U.S. stocks gained roughly 3 percent over Friday and Monday, their best two-day gains since June 2016.

"We saw an impressive rebound yesterday but by no means are we in the clear," Bakhos said.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4611 posts
1072 upvotes
Alberta
Pretty boring day. No volume in any of the mj stock. Might have to actually do some work today.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
1684 posts
668 upvotes
ontario
i think tomorrow/EOD today we may see some volume in anticipation of/when WEED reports
Dec 27, 2017
26 posts
1 upvote
The rumors are that the WEED fin. are not very good...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
3896 posts
1956 upvotes
Northside
exit99 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:25 am
The rumors are that the WEED fin. are not very good...
where did you read that?
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2897 posts
1383 upvotes
Ontario
hebsie wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:42 am
Watch them today, could be interesting if the Reddit rumour 'bites'...hebs

* edit * $19.90 and the buyers are showing interest, $20.25 and it could be blue sky time.
Bounced off 19.95, so people are thinking about it. Me personally, I'll wait and see if it breaks $20.25
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2897 posts
1383 upvotes
Ontario
hebsie wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:45 am
Bounced off 19.95, so people are thinking about it. Me personally, I'll wait and see if it breaks $20.25
In the zone at 20.15. Bit of a wall at 20.25 then who knows?? Could easily gap back to 19.85-90 as well

Thread Information

There are currently 20 users viewing this thread. (14 members and 6 guests)

herculesmaxpower, milimeterpeter, Jesster202, Devcon, xsanunex, geokilla, blexann, Phlav, esoxhntr, xjune9x, hoogs33, DaWongsta, Alvord, irislf