• Oct 15th, 2018 11:12 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
3275 posts
216 upvotes
hebsie wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:03 pm
Falling knives can be sharp, careful!
Chart indicates it is oversold at the moment, closed above my purchase price so couple of hundred $s gained. But the bid/ask spread is huge, like 8 cents.

BLGV didn't get filled at 11 cents :(
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2897 posts
1383 upvotes
Ontario
hebsie wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 12:39 pm
Seeing that I'm the only one here today, I'll continue my play-by-play commentary.

Decided to gap back down, not enough meat in a little Quebvec LOI. The wall at 20.25 is diminishing as people decided to take profits, chase the price down. Small'ish wall sitting at 19.80 range.

Not expecting much more here today. Maybe some consolidation around this price point, too many nervous buyers watching the DOW play out. $19.50 could stick if/when we go red at 3PM

ChartManDan is going to regret the day he mentiontioned the DOW and MJ in the same post. It's gonna kill his cash flow!
EOD, last bid on LEAF at $19.60 settles it. Played out as expected. Welcome to the new >$20 bag holders!

And RKS ended at $.465. Wasn't expecting it to touch $.50, but then wasn't expecting over $.47 for that matter either.
Funny, people won't be expecting it to be sub $.40 by weeks end either, but sooner or later, we all return home :)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2897 posts
1383 upvotes
Ontario
White Comet wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:04 pm
Chart indicates it is oversold at the moment, closed above my purchase price so couple of hundred $s gained. But the bid/ask spread is huge, like 8 cents.

BLGV didn't get filled at 11 cents :(
LEAF closed with a large spread like that too. Bid at $19.60, Ask at $19.80, last price $19.61 (now)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2897 posts
1383 upvotes
Ontario
pizdets17 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:17 pm
seed was at .11 bid/ask all day
A large spread would normally indicate a reversal of momentum. Guess we find out in the morning!
Feb 11, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
York Mills-Windfield…
bought chv, mari, mmj and emc
all cheap comparing to other stocks
Jan 25, 2018
28 posts
2 upvotes
I hope WEED goes through the roof, has been stagnant for a while. my $26.41/share could use a boost
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
2897 posts
1383 upvotes
Ontario
Somebody just posted on Reddit that the ACB/CanniMed deal fell thru. Looking for proof now....

* edit * Sounds like a false alarm. Crisis over!
Nov 15, 2006
232 posts
39 upvotes
Calgary
hebsie wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:38 pm
Somebody just posted on Reddit that the ACB/CanniMed deal fell thru. Looking for proof now....

* edit * Sounds like a false alarm. Crisis over!
I am so confused.... is it false alarm/prank or real. This shows they are down 35% after hours.
Seeking Alpha.
Jan 25, 2018
28 posts
2 upvotes
because the first hostile deal was turned down. Some new idiot rep at BMO gave out wrong info. When you get advice on the internet, remember what you paid for it.
Jan 25, 2018
28 posts
2 upvotes
and none of them will be around in a year...
porshe911 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:36 pm
bought chv, mari, mmj and emc
all cheap comparing to other stocks
Feb 11, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
York Mills-Windfield…
Your right they will be bought out...im assuming your shorting them, cause your in for a ride. ;)
Jan 25, 2018
28 posts
2 upvotes
They will either be bought out or just run out of money when people put everything in the big 3. Im thinking it will be the latter. Just like big tobacco.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2003
1563 posts
126 upvotes
Hamilton
pizdets17 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 5:27 pm
They will either be bought out or just run out of money when people put everything in the big 3. Im thinking it will be the latter. Just like big tobacco.
At the infancy of tobacco commercialization almost a hundred years ago there were dozens and dozens of small companies. Fast forward a few decades and it created great empires like Imperial and Philip Morris. It took decades for all that consolidation.

On th3 topic of tobacco I’m actually hoping a lot of thes3 tobacco companies start diversifying further and buying up these MJ companies.
Jan 25, 2018
28 posts
2 upvotes
Reason it took decades is that the stock papers had to bear shipped via horse. A little faster than that nowadays. I think some of the smaller players will just run out of money. Most of these small guys have liabilities that are 2-3 times their assets. Nobody will be buying them out, they will just watch them evaporate.
slotscanada wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 6:20 pm
At the infancy of tobacco commercialization almost a hundred years ago there were dozens and dozens of small companies. Fast forward a few decades and it created great empires like Imperial and Philip Morris. It took decades for all that consolidation.

On th3 topic of tobacco I’m actually hoping a lot of thes3 tobacco companies start diversifying further and buying up these MJ companies.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Angel Girl