Marijuana Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2019 12:34 pm
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2029 posts
846 upvotes
ontario
i believe i heard it will be on the agenda tonight.
Feb 27, 2013
214 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
hebsie wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 6:45 pm
I've also mentioned some of this on Reddit, know that HIP has 'ties' in the industry. You will see merger and/or acquisitions that involve HIP, but I can say no more! ....hebs
Music to my ears, I don't doubt this for a second, from all the DD i've done on them they're a prime merger/acquisition target. Kinda wish I had more funds to average down my position more.
~Let your actions reflect your desires
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
2532 posts
845 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hebsie wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 6:45 pm
HIP is my girl!!!! I got spooked on the last bought-deal and panic sold off 60% of my warrants at a 'discount', but still holding a 100k chunk. Once the bought-deal closes (next day or so), I'm really hoping that things start to happen. Been bidding the stock at .64 for a while but the order just won't fill and I'm too stubborn to pay .65

I've also mentioned some of this on Reddit, know that HIP has 'ties' in the industry. You will see merger and/or acquisitions that involve HIP, but I can say no more! ....hebs

ps...disclaimer time. Please don't invest $$ based on anything I say or allude too. Do your DD and maybe you'll see the same potential.

What they (and all LPs) have to do is execute. It's easy to talk a big game at this stage of the industry. The real tests for these guys is yet to come
So when a bought-deal closes, thats when the shares are actually put out correct?

And the shares usually drop when the announcement is made correct?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1763 upvotes
Ontario
JRGUINNESS wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 7:03 pm
So when a bought-deal closes, thats when the shares are actually put out correct?

And the shares usually drop when the announcement is made correct?
Not sure on that one
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
3363 posts
241 upvotes
I added another 2k shares of HIP today for a total average share price of 0.71 now, bought 5k shares LXX at 2.85 this morning.

My mistake was not buying APH at 11.3-11.4 range or buying EMH at 3.90..I would've broken even today and not still sitting at a loss. Fear has made me slow and left me chasing on anything going up.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
3363 posts
241 upvotes
hameljon wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 5:48 pm
Cheers for the shout out, I think you got your ears to the street on the technical side and I have nothing to add there. I tend to look at things from more of a fundamental approach so I'd say I'm less in-tuned to things on a day-day/week-week basis and look for longer plays. From a fundamental side I think summer is the time to be buying up positions based on strong due diligence (licensed, capacity or strong competitive advantages, retail, R&D, international plays). Based on past seasonality things can go pretty low throughout the summer before ramping up around October and peaking in Dec/Jan. I suspect legalization late September followed by strong break-outs late in the year, and like you said "sell the news" will likely continue to be a trend.

I'm still of the belief that Canadian cannabis stocks are reaching the first level of maturity and if you tend to chase volatility like me, US may be more appealing as this is where money is flowing.
IAN +36% since June 1
GTII +36% since June 13th (IPO)
IIPR -7.6% since June 1, but up 93% since December 2017
MPX +12% since June 1
MMEN +19.4% since June 1 (still don't like their initial IPO with their BS compensation)

I'm slowly divesting some of my Canadian holds and moving it to US, Retail and International plays, still I think you can't go wrong with some key holds like the big 7-8 in Canada (WEED, APH, ACB, LEAF, TGOD, THCX, OGI, TRST).
I'm surprised TGIF and LHS hasn't moved at all
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1763 upvotes
Ontario
Huge dump on XLY, could be our double-bottom forming here
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2029 posts
846 upvotes
ontario
WEED smashed through the 41.40 resistance I had.
Feb 27, 2013
214 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
White Comet wrote:
Jun 18th, 2018 10:14 pm
I'm surprised TGIF and LHS hasn't moved at all
I haven't done any DD on TGIF tbh, but heard a lot of hype, still I hold indirectly through CGOC. I'm definitely a believer in LHS and have a small position in them.
~Let your actions reflect your desires
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3350 posts
1763 upvotes
Ontario
Newstrike Completes Previously Announced $51.75 Million Bought Deal Financing
TORONTO, June 19, 2018 -- Newstrike Resources Ltd. (TSXV:HIP) (“Newstrike” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has closed its previously announced short form prospectus offering on a bought deal basis, including the full exercise of the over-allotment option. A total of 69,000,000 units of the Company (“Units”) were sold at a price of $0.75 per Unit (the “Issue Price”), for aggregate gross proceeds to the Company of $51,750,000 (the “Offering”).

Each Unit is comprised of one common share of the Company (a “Common Share”) and one-half of one common share purchase warrant (each whole common share purchase warrant, a “Warrant”). Each Warrant is exercisable to acquire one Common Share at an exercise price of $1.00 per share, subject to adjustment in certain events, until June 19, 2023.

The Units were offered and sold by way of a short form prospectus filed in each of the provinces of Canada, excluding Québec, and offered and sold elsewhere outside of Canada on a private placement basis. The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the Offering for growth initiatives, working capital and general corporate purposes.

The Offering was completed by a syndicate of underwriters co-led by Cormark Securities Inc. and INFOR Financial Inc., and including Haywood Securities Inc. and Eight Capital.

The Offering is subject to final acceptance of the TSX Venture Exchange (“TSXV”). The TSXV has conditionally accepted the Offering and the listing of the Common Shares and Warrants. Subject to the Company fulfilling the listing requirements of the TSXV, it is expected that the Warrants will commence trading on the TSXV at market open on Friday, June 22, 2018.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2029 posts
846 upvotes
ontario
hebsie wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 10:13 am
Newstrike Completes Previously Announced $51.75 Million Bought Deal Financing
Nobody wants to sell at $0.65 LOL

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

zaidyboy, tyrrell, ayellowbanana