Marijuana Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2017 10:41 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9953 posts
358 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Man... Organigram is starting to hurt with all this lawsuit talk. From what I read it's not even their fault about the pesticide since they came tainted from their supplier? I could be wrong mind you but whatever happens, their product was tainted and they'll get to pay for it.

The sector is starting to hurt, I am not a day trader but was lucky enough to make 35% in February across different stocks but the last couple of weeks have been costing me 1-2% per day. I still think the sector will outperform once the liberals table their proposed law but I'm getting fidgety!
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Jan 8, 2009
448 posts
69 upvotes
the green stuff isn't for the faint of heart. especially if you're playing the smaller names
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9953 posts
358 upvotes
Moncton, NB
secol wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 9:04 am
the green stuff isn't for the faint of heart. especially if you're playing the smaller names
Yeah, the smaller names have paid out but the honeymoon is over and we're no longer seeing over-hyped almost panic buying. At this point we need the liberals to get a move on for a push...
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Jan 8, 2009
448 posts
69 upvotes
red day today. hard to tell if it'll keep going red longer or if this is a decent buying opportunity. i typically look for swing trades in these stocks
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2009
1311 posts
219 upvotes
Added to my WEED, OGI and MJN positions today.
Nov 14, 2006
155 posts
19 upvotes
good day for a swing trading with the MT and OGI lawsuits
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5513 posts
260 upvotes
Calgary
added to my SL today. OGI is just getting hammered today from the lawsuit..
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4302 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
PunPryde wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 11:22 am
Just bought this late last week - my first marijuana stock.
Jun 15, 2005
809 posts
14 upvotes
PunPryde wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 11:22 am
Added to my WEED position as well @$10.99 for 100 shares.
Considering adding more to ACB (Aurora), but have too much invested in Marijuana stocks.
Jul 11, 2015
202 posts
95 upvotes
Victoria, BC
what do you guys think of CNZ? i know it saw some better days back in December. I know nothing about the business as far as legitimacy, other than its useful for the mass farming of weed, and they r the only company who is in the zeolite industry. but i know they havent started mining and its all just contracts at this point. I was also wondering, will weed be the only industry that will use it, or does it have mass market potential elsewhere. But is it actually true, that it will be the best way to grow? if so its probably definitely a good buying time. its basically the lowest its been before the american election.
You're the average of the five people, you most associate with.
Jun 27, 2012
70 posts
13 upvotes
Wow, a month ago this would seem unimaginable with all the positive indicators for the MJ sector. Bloody as hell, I'm just looking at the listings, too afraid to look at my portfolio heh. Great time to buy in or double down for anyone who hasn't.
Jul 20, 2003
867 posts
20 upvotes
Surrey
looks like there is a lot of negative news going on for MJ stocks. Lawsuits plus Canada won't rush into legalization. There is more to downside IMO.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
2171 posts
1165 upvotes
Matrix_dot_ca wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 3:59 pm
looks like there is a lot of negative news going on for MJ stocks. Lawsuits plus Canada won't rush into legalization. There is more to downside IMO.
There's no real news on legalization though... we've known for a year that legislation will be coming this year... no one expected full recreational regulation to happen over night.

They said it will take 18-24 months from whenever they table the legislation until we see actual products hitting the shelves. So far, legalization is on-track, and they've been very clear about the timeline from the beginning.

Just regular, healthy consolidation today... be strong and hold long! The lucky ones are those who had cash sitting around to buy on a day like today.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

ktt31, J_u_n_i_o_r_3