Marijuana Stocks

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2017 8:06 am
Dec 3, 2014
737 posts
101 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 6:46 pm
There's no real news on legalization though... we've known for a year that legislation will be coming this year... no one expected full recreational regulation to happen over night.

They said it will take 18-24 months from whenever they table the legislation until we see actual products hitting the shelves. So far, legalization is on-track, and they've been very clear about the timeline from the beginning.

Just regular, healthy consolidation today... be strong and hold long! The lucky ones are those who had cash sitting around to buy on a day like today.
This is nosense and does not reflect what Trudeau campaigned on or what was represented. You wear your liberal red beautifully.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
1738 posts
861 upvotes
llpresident wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 8:15 pm
This is nosense and does not reflect what Trudeau campaigned on or what was represented. You wear your liberal red beautifully.
What? What did I say that was incorrect? Even as early as 2014/2015 they were already saying that they cannot commit to a timeline. The marijuana task force has been nothing but transparent and upfront about what needs to be done and that it will take some time.

Legislation is expected this spring, and the Liberals have given every indication that they intend to table the legislation before summer arrives. Legislation =/= regulation
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6595 posts
1256 upvotes
Toronto
It looks like a bloodbath today. But those weed stocks (yes, include WEED) are still overvalued. WEED is valued at >$1B, with a lot of people hoping for huge quick gains.

Those weed stocks are volatile and unpredictable. But some may think it's a good time to buy on the dip.
Dec 30, 2014
270 posts
47 upvotes
booming
holding off buying weed.
think we will get a better entry point @ $8.xx
i will be buying at that point.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
only bet with money you can afford to lose
Jan 8, 2009
441 posts
69 upvotes
$8 or roughly a 25%+ drop? that seems pretty unlikely unless the class action suit against mettrum ends up being something crazy
Dec 30, 2014
270 posts
47 upvotes
booming
secol wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 10:19 am
$8 or roughly a 25%+ drop? that seems pretty unlikely unless the class action suit against mettrum ends up being something crazy
"unlikely"
your comment reflects the fact that you are ill suited for the stock game.
don't invest in stocks my friend. wrong vehicle for you. especially these type of stocks.
25%+ drop in a sector like this, these days, can happen by friday.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3459 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto
secol wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 10:19 am
5-10% daily swing is like a quiet day for these MJ stocks... so 25% drop isn't that unlikely.
Sep 18, 2016
47 posts
9 upvotes
when weed is not legalized you will loose most of your money anyhow. So take what you can and enjoy the ups and downs.
"You are neither right or wrong because the crowd disagrees with you"
Jun 15, 2005
808 posts
14 upvotes
I bought a day too early! Oh well, was just a small position.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2009
1310 posts
217 upvotes
I think this hit not really caused by the lawsuit but more so by a combo of:

1. Trudeau being hesitant/backing out of his promises
2. White House talking against legalization and ramping up enforcement
3. Class-action lawsuit

I think it's actually a good time to pick up shares, in a couple years all of the above will be resolved I THINK.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2304 posts
1469 upvotes
Pickering, ON
PunPryde wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 11:02 am
I think this hit not really caused by the lawsuit but more so by a combo of:

1. Trudeau being hesitant/backing out of his promises
2. White House talking against legalization and ramping up enforcement
3. Class-action lawsuit

I think it's actually a good time to pick up shares, in a couple years all of the above will be resolved I THINK.
agreed. It will get worse before it gets better
Account Manager for a Rogers reseller (Business and Residential Products - FIELD SALES) Raptors Tickets for sale - 2016-2017-toronto-raptors-tickets-all-games-2041511/ #WeTheNorth
Dec 30, 2014
270 posts
47 upvotes
booming
save3save4 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 10:24 am
sorry, i should have said today, lol.
wow, fantastic blood day
justin will slow walk it but he's going to move forward.
i might not be able to wait for $8.xx.
this really is a good blood day for weed.
Jan 8, 2009
441 posts
69 upvotes
save3save4 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 10:24 am
"unlikely"
your comment reflects the fact that you are ill suited for the stock game.
don't invest in stocks my friend. wrong vehicle for you. especially these type of stocks.
i disagree with the fact that my comment reflects that i'm ill suited for the stock game. i've been doing just fine and have definitely dabbled in these stocks. all i was saying is that it is unlikely for a 25% drop to occur without further triggers. obviously neither of us knows the answer definitively or we wouldn't be here discussing this.

daily swings of 5-10% is definitely not outside the norm, but if you review the weekly chart since CGC/WEED was uplisted, they have only gone red on consecutive weeks once. going from a high of 10.08 to a low of 8.95. there is one large candlestick in november, but you can see the dip was bought up and the close was -17% off the high
Dec 30, 2014
270 posts
47 upvotes
booming
i couldn't help it.
in @ 9.90
Jan 8, 2009
441 posts
69 upvotes
save3save4 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 11:21 am
i couldn't help it.
in @ 9.90
you had a gameplan of an entry in the 8s and you ended up caving in to buy at nearly 10? what exactly made you change your mind because i don't see any news out there for canopy.
i thought one of the basic rules of investing in the stock market is to have a gameplan and stick to it.