Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Or 45.19 Gift Card

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2013 7:13 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Or 45.19 Gift Card

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
August 16, 2013
Deal ends on the 15th not the 16th

This deal takes a little work to get, and probably won't last long if FutureShop or Bestbuy find out about it.

First PM
Bestbuy(Rz pts):http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/the ... ageIndex=1
or FutureShop :http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... ageIndex=2

with
http://www.amazon.ca/The-Walking-Dead-S ... l+Instinct

Your rep might tack on shipping, mines didn't because I bought two. Your total for one game should come to around 23.73 in Ontario.

When you get your copy of the game, open it up and trade it in to Futureshop(extra 10$ coupon off your next game purchase) or Bestbuy for Dream Team.

When you trade in your game, the rep will bump the trade value of this game from 17$ to 45.19 and put that amount on to a store-credit, which she/he will then use to pay for your game and issue you a receipt for the new game.

On this receipt it will only show the game being bought at full price with a store credit.

So you should be able to return your unopened copy of DreamTeam for a 45.19$ gift card. (I haven't done this.) and from reading other forums I think you can still use the 10$ off your next purchase if you keep the receipt.

I haven't tried returning the game, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I know my grammar isn't the best so, ask if your confused.
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2010
5386 posts
1040 upvotes
Toronto
Wheres that Facepalm button when I really need it. Oh wait here it is -> :facepalm:
---> Buy With Confidence! Over 80+ Feedback <---
Oct 17, 2006
787 posts
77 upvotes
You won't get $45 back. You'll get the TIV of the game.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1189 posts
439 upvotes
Seems quite manipulative - do not approve.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1682 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
dementia13 wrote: Seems quite manipulative - do not approve.
The PM deal is sharp. The return for a gift card is crooked and should be removed from the deal description.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Dinujan wrote: [...]
So you should be able to return your unopened copy of DreamTeam for a 45.19$ gift card. (I haven't done this.) and from reading other forums I think you can still use the 10$ off your next purchase if you keep the receipt.

I haven't tried returning the game, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I know my grammar isn't the best so, ask if your confused.
No it won't work... Balanar08 worked for FS/BB, so he'd know.

Game trading is getting such a bad rep lately it's sort of sad. One goes in to trade a game and the moment the CSRs see games in your hands they start to treat you like dirt.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2539 posts
1748 upvotes
Airport Rd & Que…
It won't work, most reps do the trade on the same receipt, so you wouldn't be able to return it for more than the trade in value. Nice try though.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1651 posts
1187 upvotes
Canada
When I do a trade in for games at FS/BB, after they calculate how much the trade in values of the games are, the outstanding amount charges to the house account. So you cannot get back the 45.19 in store credit.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2227 posts
2149 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Tonberry wrote: I rather work 1 hour of overtime to get 45$ instead of this hassle
Well played
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
Don't forget. You can open Dream Team, take out the game and re-shrink wrap. Return for $40+ giftcard and you have a free game ;P... j/k...

The post about PM Walking Dead for a qualifier is pretty decent though.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
halcyon wrote: Don't forget. You can open Dream Team, take out the game and re-shrink wrap. Return for $40+ giftcard and you have a free game ;P... j/k...
Also register and get some Club Nintendo points too..lol
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
My rep did the some thing as OPs, I'm not sure if it's a new policy or something. Has anyone in this thread actually tried doing the trade this week?

I know they are supposed to use house account and stuff, but it's weird that several people have had the same method used when trading.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
halcyon wrote: Don't forget. You can open Dream Team, take out the game and re-shrink wrap. Return for $40+ giftcard and you have a free game ;P... j/k...

The post about PM Walking Dead for a qualifier is pretty decent though.
not sure if serious?
Dec 26, 2010
691 posts
163 upvotes
Yellowknife
Quite a sleazy move. Please don't post anything like this again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)