Computers & Electronics

In the market for 2TB+ external/internal hard drive for PC. Any good deals?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2014 6:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes

In the market for 2TB+ external/internal hard drive for PC. Any good deals?

Has anyone come across a good deal for 2-4TB external (or internal) hard drive?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4808 posts
1803 upvotes
Hard drives are already cheap or at their lowest possible price. If you look around tech sites you may already have a good price in front of you.
Step 1 what type of hdd you want.
Step 2 choose your fav brand
. Find part number
Go to ***** and compare prices
5. Order one
May 25, 2006
456 posts
15 upvotes
St. John's
EEE2 wrote: Hard drives are already cheap or at their lowest possible price. If you look around tech sites you may already have a good price in front of you.
Step 1 what type of hdd you want.
Step 2 choose your fav brand
. Find part number
Go to ***** and compare prices
5. Order one
They really don't go cheaper black friday/cyber monday? I find that hard to believe. My memory may be foggy, but I think there were some pretty epic 3-4TB drive deals in the past (ie. 25-33% markdown). If you can, definitely wait until the weekend is over at least.

And no, I don't see any good deals on those sizes currently, but the flyers are coming out fast and furious now so keep an eye out.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes
I just bought a Seagate Expansion 5TB external hard drive from CanadaComputers on sale for $150 (reg $199). Pretty hot deal.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Bought this refurbished hgst from newegg some time ago, was a shell shocker deal for $50 something and did a hot deals thread on it.
A refurbished drive but the one I bought seems pretty stable in my buffalo nas. $69 presently but still a good deal imo.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
3tb hitachi desk star (death star perhaps?) for $89 + $2.99 shipping but read reviews and make your own decision.
I believe the death star denotation was for a specific size and model desk star and not the 3tb, but do some research before buying of course.
This is likely to be a hot deal sooner or later though.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)