Hot Deals

[Mark's] FarWest men's parka (600 fill power) - $105

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 5:37 pm
Jan 27, 2011
234 posts
50 upvotes
Bought this in black last time it went on sale. Best coat I've ever worn. Looks good and keeps me warm during the -30 days

I have zero issues whatsoever with the zipper...not sure what people are talking about
Oct 5, 2005
540 posts
146 upvotes
bobbyg9 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 5:55 pm
Last time the day I got my cancellation notice the same jacket was available online for a higher price. I ordered it to see if it would ship and it did. Called in to complain and they finally agreed to refund the difference. Took 45 days. Buyer beware...
why buyer beware? they cancelled your order at the original price--end of transaction. were you billed? if not, no infraction here aside from some disappointment from you. yet, you consciously re-ordered at a higher price with the intention to call in and ask for a discount... more like seller beware.
yo!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2072 posts
1287 upvotes
Oakville
maliken7576 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:43 pm
is a great parka, weared today at -20 np.
I returned the North face Gotham 3 and kept this FarEest jacket.

Way nicer!!!

The older Gothams were better warmth and quality.

Really impressed with this Far West jacket.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Jul 26, 2013
104 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
cheapmeister wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 8:17 pm
Reviews say that the zipper is on the wrong side. Is this true?
Yes. Also the zipper isn't the easiest to close (bit of trick to it).

That said... you'll be very hard pressed to find a jacket as warm as this for the money. I walk my dog several times a day with it and not once have I felt cold (tested to in -17 degree weather) it really is a warm coat. Has some nice touches that help keep in heat (e.g. partial gloves woven into the sleeves).
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4884 posts
659 upvotes
Toronto
needybot wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 2:28 am
Yes. Also the zipper isn't the easiest to close (bit of trick to it).
Put some wax from one end to the other end on both side of the zipper. Is that what you did?
Mar 26, 2017
197 posts
69 upvotes
Got this jacket for $30 a couple years ago on here.

I used it for work, outdoor sports and etc and its still in 10/10 condition.

Great jacket!
Jun 5, 2012
109 posts
101 upvotes
NEPEAN
I remember when FarWest was one of the coolest brands going. Wearing that , with your collar-ripped Club Monaco sweater, Vuarnet sunglasses and Guess jeans (make sure the triangle logo was showing!,) You were the hottest thing there is.

Okay, putting everything back in the closet now before the kids see me.....
Sep 15, 2006
729 posts
208 upvotes
Can you easily return this in store if a size doesn't fit?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6208 posts
4728 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Velvetsmack wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:55 am
I remember when FarWest was one of the coolest brands going. Wearing that , with your collar-ripped Club Monaco sweater, Vuarnet sunglasses and Guess jeans (make sure the triangle logo was showing!,) You were the hottest thing there is.

Okay, putting everything back in the closet now before the kids see me.....
Yeah much better to put that back in the closet and roll out with skinny jeans or cuffed track pants that the hip crew like to be seen in now.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7011 posts
570 upvotes
Waterloo
Looks like oos

Was gonna return my Eddie Bauer one lol oh well always next time
Jul 26, 2013
104 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
cgtlky wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 7:38 am
Put some wax from one end to the other end on both side of the zipper. Is that what you did?
I fold back the coat liner on right side zipper.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2072 posts
1287 upvotes
Oakville
cartfan123 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 8:47 am
Yeah much better to put that back in the closet and roll out with skinny jeans or cuffed track pants that the hip crew like to be seen in now.
Yup I remember those days! Club Monaco turtle necks/argyle sweaters, with MEXX wrinkle free shirts, a pair of Dolce and Gabanna glasses, Converse classic shoes, and Guess jeans with the triangle for sure.
-ZdpZ... ;)